Dr. J Melhorn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Melhorn?

January 17th, 2017

Dr. J. Mark Melhorn

Dr. Melhorn performed carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. He is fast, personable and does an excellent job. Staff is cordial and the wait time to see for the first time was minimal.

April 8th, 2016

Still in Pain

I went to an orthopedic Dr. who referred me to Dr. Melhorn. Dr. Melhorn said I did not have injuries to my wrist although the MRI said I did. 1 year later, I am still struggling to use my wrist. I went to another orthopedic surgeon recently who did another MRI. I still have my injuries, but they have worsened. I need medical treatment and needed it over 1 year ago. Be careful about his diagnosis. He needs to review the MRI information and not just rely on the xrays.

March 24th, 2016

Among the best. highly recommend.

Very professional, highly knowledgeable, competent and accurate surgeon. I have had two successful procedures performed by this Doctor. Slightly fast paced, but do not let that fool you into thinking he has no time for you - he will continue to answer your questions to your satisfaction. I would advise anyone needing and orthopedic Doctor and surgeon to please use his services.

March 17th, 2016

Really enjoy visiting w/ dr and staff. Prompt at getting in for appointment/ work with you around traveling distances and making as many appointments on the same day as workable .

October 18th, 2015

pre-op

i have been to see him. for carp tunnel. going to surgery the 20th of oct. have watched many many u-tube vids on the proceedure and am hoping i can be sedated. will repost as to my experiance with the surgery

October 14th, 2015

Go To Another Dr

Melhorn had me come in 3-4 times before he decided he would operate on my hand for carpal tunnel. I decided not to have surgery. I felt he was incompetent and a total waste of my time and money. His office staff was rude and the bills seemed to never stop. I was still getting bills after nearly a year.

January 5th, 2015

Do go here

Never would recommend anyone to the hand center or to Dr J Mark Melhorn!

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Melhorn is totally uncaring. My husband was in on a workmans' comp case after his hand was broken at work. Dr. didn't ask any questions or listen to our concerns, barely glanced at the xrays, and didn't explain what was going on. He basically poked at my husband's hand and told his assistant to put a cast on it, took some notes rapidly into his tape recorder and left. They put an improper cast for the type of injury and told him he could go back to normal duty (he works unloading boxes off of a freight truck) with no restrictions. We requested (and got) a new doctor for my husbands treatment. I will never go to his office again, and would not reccomend him to anyone I know.

August 6th, 2011

There's a reason this man is in a solo practice. He's an egotistical maniac. He didn't take time to ask questions or fully examine my hand and arm, and simply told me to do 'exercise' and come back. Had to make 3 visits 1) intake 2) tests 3) followup. Hard for someone who lives 150 miles away from Wichita.

March 16th, 2010

Very good doctor very comfortable, comes down to your level and lets you understand and doesnt use the doctors talk, very good!!! Did awesome!

June 8th, 2017