Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
625 N Carriage Pkwy
Ste 125
Wichita, KS 67208
316-688-5656
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Machine operator  |  show details
by Gennifer Melcher on Aug 1st, 2013

He is a total quack that thinks he is god! I had a severe hand injury on may 26 2007 I witch my hand was crushed all fingers had ligament damage and my pinkie was amputated and my thumb barely on. he sowed up were my pinkie was and put my thumb back together with pins. it looked like a kid sowed me up very large ties and spaced far apart. i have very bad scars and not much use of thumb. And to top it all off he sent me back to work after one day off i refused to go to work for a week and almost lost my job. he told me to be a marine and tough it out. i am a woman and did not join the marines!!! He is a big time the worst i ever meet and gave me a good rating even with all the damage that was done. small payout from Youngers And Sons and they they layed me off.. i would give him no stars but it made me select one he is no good!

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Melhorn is totally uncaring. My husband was in on a workmans' comp case after his hand was broken at work. Dr. didn't ask any questions or listen to our concerns, barely glanced at the xrays, and didn't explain what was going on. He basically poked at my husband's hand and told his assistant to put a cast on it, took some notes rapidly into his tape recorder and left. They put an improper cast for the type of injury and told him he could go back to normal duty (he works unloading boxes off of a freight truck) with no restrictions. We requested (and got) a new doctor for my husbands treatment. I will never go to his office again, and would not reccomend him to anyone I know.

Aug 6th, 2011

There's a reason this man is in a solo practice. He's an egotistical maniac. He didn't take time to ask questions or fully examine my hand and arm, and simply told me to do 'exercise' and come back. Had to make 3 visits 1) intake 2) tests 3) followup. Hard for someone who lives 150 miles away from Wichita.

Mar 15th, 2010

Very good doctor very comfortable, comes down to your level and lets you understand and doesnt use the doctors talk, very good!!! Did awesome!

|  Too quick to cut  |  show details
by 1stchair on Apr 23rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

The first doctor I went to for carpal tunnel advised against surgery. I went to Melhorn for a second opinion. He insisted that I must have surgery right away and I'd be back to work the next day. I then went to another doctor for a third opinion. He said surgery was not an option at that time.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com