Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
pre-op show details pre-op
by Melissa on Oct 18th, 2015

i have been to see him. for carp tunnel. going to surgery the 20th of oct. have watched many many u-tube vids on the proceedure and am hoping i can be sedated. will repost as to my experiance with the surgery

Go To Another Dr show details Go To Another Dr
by C Burke on Oct 14th, 2015

Melhorn had me come in 3-4 times before he decided he would operate on my hand for carpal tunnel. I decided not to have surgery. I felt he was incompetent and a total waste of my time and money. His office staff was rude and the bills seemed to never stop. I was still getting bills after nearly a year.

Do go here show details Do go here
by B on Jan 5th, 2015

Never would recommend anyone to the hand center or to Dr J Mark Melhorn!

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Melhorn is totally uncaring. My husband was in on a workmans' comp case after his hand was broken at work. Dr. didn't ask any questions or listen to our concerns, barely glanced at the xrays, and didn't explain what was going on. He basically poked at my husband's hand and told his assistant to put a cast on it, took some notes rapidly into his tape recorder and left. They put an improper cast for the type of injury and told him he could go back to normal duty (he works unloading boxes off of a freight truck) with no restrictions. We requested (and got) a new doctor for my husbands treatment. I will never go to his office again, and would not reccomend him to anyone I know.

Aug 6th, 2011

There's a reason this man is in a solo practice. He's an egotistical maniac. He didn't take time to ask questions or fully examine my hand and arm, and simply told me to do 'exercise' and come back. Had to make 3 visits 1) intake 2) tests 3) followup. Hard for someone who lives 150 miles away from Wichita.

Mar 15th, 2010

Very good doctor very comfortable, comes down to your level and lets you understand and doesnt use the doctors talk, very good!!! Did awesome!