Dr. Mark Mohney, MD
Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Dr. Mark Mohney Rocks show details Dr. Mark Mohney Rocks
by Bernadette Wallace on Oct 22nd, 2015

Dr. Mohney has THE BEST "bedside manner." He's always friendly and approachable. Years before my procedure, he was cautious in my request to do the surgery, and provided good, medical reasons not to jump right in. He watched the progression of my problem, and after many, many months, he thought it was time. He was upfront and direct about what to expect post surgery and what the long-term results could be. He answered, and continues, to answer all my questions with patience and a good nature. The only time I can remember seeing him with his game face on was the day of my procedure. I like it that he seemed to be in the zone :-) I would, and do, recommend him to friends and family...to anyone who'll listen!

Jun 22nd, 2015

Dr. Mohney is the very best. He has been my eye doctor for many years and I have always been more than happy. His skills are outstanding and his personal care and concern outstanding. I had cataract surgery on both eyes one year ago and would highly recommend him. I cannot say enough good things about his diagnosis, recommendations for treatment, the procedure itself and of course the results. You could not make a better choice for someone to take care of your eyes.

Jan 19th, 2015

I don't need a follow up.

Cataract Surgery show details Cataract Surgery
by Rachel Barlow on Sep 8th, 2014

Dr. Mark Mohney performed the Laser Cataract Surgery with Catalys Precision Laser System this summer on both of my eyes. He is a kind and compassionate Doctor. I could not have been more satisfied with the results of the surgery and would recommend Dr. Mohney to family and friends. Dr. Mark Mohney is the BEST.

Retired show details Retired
by Mr Carlisle on Feb 5th, 2014

Polite, respectful, responds to questions, explains procedures well, discusses adverse outcomes as well as positive ones, personable and cheerful, encouraging, conversational, professional in every way - highly recommend

Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Mohney ruined my eyesight. Before I went to him I had good vision, but I couldn't drive at night. Now I not only can't see at night, but my vision is blurry and I have difficulty reading. Dr. Mohney was very mean and patronizing after I told him that I couldn't see. Please don't EVER go to this doctor. His actions have severely altered my life and I am miserable because of his negligence.

Fabulous Surgeon show details Fabulous Surgeon
by Kirk K. Smith on Jan 17th, 2014

As a Pharmacist and former Sales Representative of an Intraoccular Lens company I did extensive research when it was time to have Cataract surgery. I had previous undergone Radial Keratotomy surgery in the 80's and not only had an extremely thin and flat cornea, but substantial astigmatism. My goal was to be eyeglass free so correcting the astigmatism was important. Because of my previous surgery, some of the Opthalamists I contacted would not give me the newer Toric lens which correct astigmatism. Dr. Mohney has done several of these on former RK patients so I chose him . The results are fabulous. I now have 20/20 vision with no astigmatism and only need eyeglasses for reading. I would highly recommend Dr. Mohney to anyone needing Cataract surgery.

EXCELLENT EYE CARE show details EXCELLENT EYE CARE
by Harold Evans on Nov 9th, 2013

Dr. Mohney is EXCELLENT!!! He is very caring and fully answers any of your questions or concerns. He thoroughly explains everything to you. Dr. Mohney is a very kind and compassionate physician. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an eye doctor. His staff is VERY kind ,professional, and caring. I wouldn't go to anyone but him for my eye care.

by Nick Nicholson on Apr 5th, 2013

Dr. Mohney was thorough in his examination and his direct follow up to all my questions. My business is television production and post production so my eyesight is perhaps even more critical to me than most. He was highly recommended to me by a friend at our church in Atlanta. My eyes developed cataracts and I had my left eye operated on first. There was virtually no pain associated with the procedure and the results were miraculous. I now have 20/15 vision in that eye. After having worn glasses since my early twenties, I cannot describe how liberating the experience has been. I return in about a month to have the same procedure performed my right eye. I heartily endorse Dr. Mohney as I type this review. My only regret is that I didn't make the choice to have the procedure performed sooner!

Never Been Disappointed show details Never Been Disappointed
Sep 3rd, 2012

For about 13 years Dr. Mohney had been my doctor; two cataract surgeries and treating macular degen. He has a warm and caring personality and I have never felt rushed through an appointment and have been worked in when necessary. He has a professional friendly and caring staff. I totally trust Dr. Mohney with my eyes. "In my eyes" he's the best...

Susan W. Wootton, CFRE show details Susan W. Wootton, CFRE
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr. Mohney is one of the best doctors I have ever seen, by far the best opthamologist & surgeon, and a very personable individual who takes a real interest in his patients. I am a longtime patient, and recently had 2 cataract surgeries performed by him. I could not believe how comfortable my experience was at the surgery center, nor the absolutely amazing results he achieved with my vision ! Having had to wear glasses since 3rd grade, and then gas permeable contacts for 50 years, I couldn't even imagine being able to see with such clarity & sharpness. My "new" eyes seem like a miracle every day -which I will never take for granted - and Dr. Mohney will always be a True Hero to me !!

First Class show details First Class
May 21st, 2012

Not only in the personal attitude of the entire staff, but also in the knowledge of why you are being treated and the with the proper training and expertise to take care of you properly.The surgery was painless and totally successful.

Dr. Mohney is the BEST!!! show details Dr. Mohney is the BEST!!!
May 17th, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Mohney for over 15 years and he never disappoints. I saw him today and he's still awesome. He genuinely cares about his patients. He cared for my elderly mother with a gentle touch and engaging humor. He treated my sister for an eye infection the same week that she called. I tell everyone about him when they mention eye issues. And most times we end up laughing because we both say "I go to Dr. Mohney. Isn't he the best?"

Dec 2nd, 2011

I was greatly impressed by the professional and caring treatment of the patient by all of the support staff as well as by Dr. Mohney. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Mohney to anyone; in fact I already have!

Wonderful caring doctor show details Wonderful caring doctor
Oct 4th, 2011

Dr. Mohney is a great doctor in ability and concern for his patients. I have never had a better experience with a doctor. The staff is very helpful and well trained. I would recomment this doctor and his staff to anyone who has a need for a good eye specialist.

Best doctor and staff show details Best doctor and staff
Jun 17th, 2011

Dr. Mohney's work is superb, and his staff excels. I've never had as good an experience with any other doctor. Not just professionalism and efficiency, but also deep concern and caring, are what I've seen from his staff. Not just once, but during the eye surgery of three different family members. I can't recommend Dr. Mohney and his practice highly enough.

Mar 14th, 2011

I was hesitant after reading many of the reviews on here, but I was referred to Dr. Mohney and wanted to get checked out. He was thorough, but quick and efficient. He took his time explaining my condition to me, spoke to me at an appropriate technical level and made sure I had understood and was OK before I left. All his staff were equally nice, and answered all my silly questions with a smile.