Ophthalmologists

3225 Cumberland Blvd SE
Ste 800
Atlanta, GA 30339
404-351-2220
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Cataract Surgery  |  show details
by Rachel Barlow on Sep 8th, 2014

Dr. Mark Mohney performed the Laser Cataract Surgery with Catalys Precision Laser System this summer on both of my eyes. He is a kind and compassionate Doctor. I could not have been more satisfied with the results of the surgery and would recommend Dr. Mohney to family and friends. Dr. Mark Mohney is the BEST.

|  Retired  |  show details
by Mr Carlisle on Feb 5th, 2014

Polite, respectful, responds to questions, explains procedures well, discusses adverse outcomes as well as positive ones, personable and cheerful, encouraging, conversational, professional in every way - highly recommend

Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Mohney ruined my eyesight. Before I went to him I had good vision, but I couldn't drive at night. Now I not only can't see at night, but my vision is blurry and I have difficulty reading. Dr. Mohney was very mean and patronizing after I told him that I couldn't see. Please don't EVER go to this doctor. His actions have severely altered my life and I am miserable because of his negligence.

|  Fabulous Surgeon  |  show details
by Kirk K. Smith on Jan 17th, 2014

As a Pharmacist and former Sales Representative of an Intraoccular Lens company I did extensive research when it was time to have Cataract surgery. I had previous undergone Radial Keratotomy surgery in the 80's and not only had an extremely thin and flat cornea, but substantial astigmatism. My goal was to be eyeglass free so correcting the astigmatism was important. Because of my previous surgery, some of the Opthalamists I contacted would not give me the newer Toric lens which correct astigmatism. Dr. Mohney has done several of these on former RK patients so I chose him . The results are fabulous. I now have 20/20 vision with no astigmatism and only need eyeglasses for reading. I would highly recommend Dr. Mohney to anyone needing Cataract surgery.

|  EXCELLENT EYE CARE  |  show details
by Harold Evans on Nov 9th, 2013

Dr. Mohney is EXCELLENT!!! He is very caring and fully answers any of your questions or concerns. He thoroughly explains everything to you. Dr. Mohney is a very kind and compassionate physician. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an eye doctor. His staff is VERY kind ,professional, and caring. I wouldn't go to anyone but him for my eye care.

by Nick Nicholson on Apr 5th, 2013

Dr. Mohney was thorough in his examination and his direct follow up to all my questions. My business is television production and post production so my eyesight is perhaps even more critical to me than most. He was highly recommended to me by a friend at our church in Atlanta. My eyes developed cataracts and I had my left eye operated on first. There was virtually no pain associated with the procedure and the results were miraculous. I now have 20/15 vision in that eye. After having worn glasses since my early twenties, I cannot describe how liberating the experience has been. I return in about a month to have the same procedure performed my right eye. I heartily endorse Dr. Mohney as I type this review. My only regret is that I didn't make the choice to have the procedure performed sooner!

|  Never Been Disappointed  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2012

For about 13 years Dr. Mohney had been my doctor; two cataract surgeries and treating macular degen. He has a warm and caring personality and I have never felt rushed through an appointment and have been worked in when necessary. He has a professional friendly and caring staff. I totally trust Dr. Mohney with my eyes. "In my eyes" he's the best...

|  Susan W. Wootton, CFRE  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr. Mohney is one of the best doctors I have ever seen, by far the best opthamologist & surgeon, and a very personable individual who takes a real interest in his patients. I am a longtime patient, and recently had 2 cataract surgeries performed by him. I could not believe how comfortable my experience was at the surgery center, nor the absolutely amazing results he achieved with my vision ! Having had to wear glasses since 3rd grade, and then gas permeable contacts for 50 years, I couldn't even imagine being able to see with such clarity & sharpness. My "new" eyes seem like a miracle every day -which I will never take for granted - and Dr. Mohney will always be a True Hero to me !!

|  I recommend him highly.  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Dr. Mohney performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes in late 2011. I see much better now, and I am thankful for his care.I recommend him very highly.Harrison Kohler

Jun 3rd, 2012

HAVE BEEN SEEING DR MOHNEY FOR MANY YEARS.NEVER HAS HE FAILED TO DISCUSS THOROUGHLYPROCEDURES, WHY PROCEDURE NEEDS TO BE DONE,ON AND ON. HE TOLD MY WIFE IN A KIDDINGMANOR THAT HE WOULD NOT RIDE WITH HER INA CAR. HER CATARACTS WERE SO THAT SHECOULD NOT GET A DRIVERS LICENSE. HE REMOVED HER CATARACTS, WOUND UP WITH 20/15 VISION AND GOT HER LICENSE THEDAY AFTER HER FIRST OPERATION. HE HELPED ME WITH MY 98 YEAR OLD MOTHER,DISCUSSED HER PROBLEMS, AND TOLD ME WHATTO DO TO HELP HER (SHE LIVED 400 MILESAWAY). I WISH TO THANK HIM FOR ALL THATHE HAS DONE FOR OUR FAMILY.THANKS AGAIN, MARK.

|  First Class  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

Not only in the personal attitude of the entire staff, but also in the knowledge of why you are being treated and the with the proper training and expertise to take care of you properly.The surgery was painless and totally successful.

|  Dr. Mohney is the BEST!!!  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Mohney for over 15 years and he never disappoints. I saw him today and he's still awesome. He genuinely cares about his patients. He cared for my elderly mother with a gentle touch and engaging humor. He treated my sister for an eye infection the same week that she called. I tell everyone about him when they mention eye issues. And most times we end up laughing because we both say "I go to Dr. Mohney. Isn't he the best?"

Dec 2nd, 2011

I was greatly impressed by the professional and caring treatment of the patient by all of the support staff as well as by Dr. Mohney. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Mohney to anyone; in fact I already have!

|  Wonderful caring doctor  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

Dr. Mohney is a great doctor in ability and concern for his patients. I have never had a better experience with a doctor. The staff is very helpful and well trained. I would recomment this doctor and his staff to anyone who has a need for a good eye specialist.

|  Best doctor and staff  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

Dr. Mohney's work is superb, and his staff excels. I've never had as good an experience with any other doctor. Not just professionalism and efficiency, but also deep concern and caring, are what I've seen from his staff. Not just once, but during the eye surgery of three different family members. I can't recommend Dr. Mohney and his practice highly enough.

Mar 14th, 2011

I was hesitant after reading many of the reviews on here, but I was referred to Dr. Mohney and wanted to get checked out. He was thorough, but quick and efficient. He took his time explaining my condition to me, spoke to me at an appropriate technical level and made sure I had understood and was OK before I left. All his staff were equally nice, and answered all my silly questions with a smile.

|  Not a good experience  |  show details
by CCLMom on Sep 1st, 2009 on kudzu.com

I found this doctor to be hurried and condescending. He seemed bothered by my questions, but had plenty of time to talk about how good his personal hygiene is. (Although when he spoke too close, I almost gagged.) His high opinion of himself seems to be well documented on this website. I notice that after receiving a bad review (that sounds similar to my experience), the doctor suddenly received rave reviews for his diagnostic skills and warm heart. I am suspicious that the reviews are all so glowing and seem to be written in the same voice.

|  Professional, Caring and has a Good Heart  |  show details
by LynnYooper on May 14th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Mohney recently operated on me for cataracts and I could not have asked for a more caring, competent and confident doctor. I have a chronic illness which complicated my condition, but it was no problem, whatsoever, for Doctor Mohney. Other ophthalmologists I had seen were reluctant to operate on me due to my illness, but Doctor Mohney didn't hesitate to help me. His professional demeanor was so reassuring that it, and the surgery, gave me great comfort. He showed me that he, above most other doctors, has a huge heart! Words cannot say all the good he has done for me.

|  The Absolute Best  |  show details
by CEBoyett on Apr 20th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I can highly recommend Doctor Mohney for your Cataract surgery< I have worn glasses for over 45 years with extremely bad stigmatism. Before the surgery I could not see my hand inform of my face without my glasses. Now I have to get use to no putting them on every morning when I wake up. It is great to be able to see my beautiful little girl when she wakes me early in the morning on the weekend without having to scramble for my glasses. Doctor Mohney did an excellent job, answering every question and concern I had. He has an excellent staff that is there when you need questions answered and follow up to make sure you are doing ok. I would say that it was like Doctor Mohney and his staff was part of my family but to be honest they were a lot better than being part of my family. If you have to have Cataract surgery there is none better than Doctor Mohney and his wonderful Staff.

|  Mohney is the bomb.com  |  show details
by visitnoirtownbookshop on Apr 17th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Highly skilled diagnostician and surgeon who exudes confidence, is always in a good mood and always makes me laugh. Before cataract surgery, vision poor; after 2nd surgery (3/09) 20/20 vision. Office is well run - longest wait maybe 5 minutes.

|  You Only Get One Pair of Eyes  |  show details
by Cheslie on Jan 12th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I cannot recommend this eye surgeon highly enough. Born with congenital cataracts, I have seen a lot of eye doctors for 60 of my 61 years, and Dr. Mohney has 100% of my trust and admiration. Though he is an incredibly busy man because of his well-earned reputation, he is caring, informative, and honest, always upbeat (with a touch of humor - which I find calming and optimistic when I am the patient with a problem). However, he does not take surgery lightly, thus he will remove cataracts only when it becomes a necessity. He removed 2 kinds of cataracts for me recently. I now have 20/25 vision for the first time in my life - and it is a new and beautiful world for me - thanks to the incredible skill of this fine surgeon. You only get one pair in a lifetime, don't trust them to anyone else! I have not one reservation about recommending Dr. Mohney to you.

|  Kudos to Mark Mohney, MD  |  show details
by marmalad on Nov 19th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I cannot brag enough about my opthalmological surgeon, Mark Mohney, MD. Not only did he treat my mother, but I am proud to say that he has done two cataract surgeries on me as well, with excellent results. His diagnostic skills are exemplary, having saved me from permanent optic nerve neuropathy due to an adverse reaction to medication. He a very compassionate physician whose skills and opinion I value highly.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  my cataract  |  show details
by deeraee on Nov 15th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have to brag about my eye surgeons. I have had terrible vision since the fourth grade. When I had a detached retina last sept. from very severe near-sightedness, I was distressed to say the least. My eye group, Eye Associates of Atlanta were the surgeons in my Kaiser Perm plan. I am only 45 years old. i felt like I was the only middle aged person in the practice. Lucky for me, my healing was speedy and I have to say, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, because I did everything to the letter that my surgeons and their assistants prescribed. On line you can terrify yourself reading failure rates and nightmare stories. I would recommend Dr. Frank and Dr. Mohney to anyone with one reservation about their surgery. These guys are well-trained, experienced, and tireless in providing answers to my fears and questions. With my schleral buckle, vitrectomy, and subsequent cataract (toric lens) surgery, I now have 20/20 vision in my problem eye. Never fear, knowledge is here! Gratefully. Dee

|  Bright Star In Eye Surgery And Patient Care !  |  show details
by Morningside on Nov 10th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Mark W Mohney is a superior eye surgeon and physician with excellent diagnostic skills and very positive patient manor, which promotes healing in its own right. He operated on both my eyes for cataracts, the latest being 10/29/08. My recovery and vision are wonderful! I cannot say enough about his excellence in all areas of his profession, as well as that of his staff, both in the office and at the surgery center! Atlanta is lucky to have physicians of his caliber!

|  Great Ophthalmologist  |  show details
by RDH1969 on Sep 30th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Mohney has treated me as well as my family and many friends that I referred to him for over 25 years. We all have been very pleased with the service from him and his staff. He is a man of great character and goes above and beyond the call of duty. I received the best care possible before and after my catatact surgery. My results from the surgery were perfect!! I would highly recommend him.

|  Top Doc in Atlanta  |  show details
by MGB9668 on Sep 29th, 2008 on kudzu.com

My parents, myself and my children all use Dr. Mohney and have for at least 10 years. He has always been very professional and the most caring doctor we have seen in years. He is the BEST cataract surgeon I know in Atlanta and for someone to say something negative about this man would be impossible!!

|  Stay away!  |  show details
by emmie117 on Sep 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Have seen this dr. for many years. Was fine. In last few years, dr has become increasingly aggressive to the point that you can not say anything. Appt. revolves around him, not pt. Most recently, he raised his voice to me and threw pen at wall in front of my young son. My son was crying and afraid that the mean dr. would come back in and hurt us. Had a meltdown before our eyes. Asst who witnessed the entire appt. apologized profusely assuring me that it had nothing to do with me; but damage was done. I was in for very simple swelling around eye. Nothing serious. Created lots of serious, unneccessary problems. Shame on him.

|  Merchant Review  |  show details
by vdunston on May 4th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Excellent doctor. Very caring.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by rebsroc on Apr 27th, 2005 on kudzu.com

I can't say enough about this guy. He was very personable and always in a great mood. I had to have eye surgery, and he was wonderful. I wish all doctors were like him. I highly recommend him!