Dr. Mark Mohrmann MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

April 12th, 2016
most efficient medical office on the planet
I was so impressed by Dr Mohrmann and his office staff. I've never waited more than 5 minutes to meet with the doctor and they had me out of the office in 30 minutes or less! They got to the point, told me what I needed to know and fixed me up. Dr Mohrmann communicated clearly and answered all my questions. They were respectful of my time and I felt taken care of. They even had at the splint operation in house so I didn't have to make another appointment elsewhere to get my custom external splint completed! This is by far the most efficient medical office I've ever been in! Very happy.

August 21st, 2015
He spent less than a minute with me, looking at me from a distance . Then he tried to get a lot of money from the insurance company, lying he did a procedure on me. Very disappointing visit on 84th str office!

June 25th, 2015
Is He Really an M.D.? Or his Physician Assistant is the Real McCoy?!
I once badly sprained my wrist... 1st visit, his physician assistant came in, she sent me for x-rays, put me in a removable splint, told me me to come back if pain persist, never see the doctor. 2nd visit, again only saw his physician assistant. The 3rd visit, she then send ne for an MRI... 4th visit, MRI results REVIEWING... FINIALLY, Dr. Mohrmann made his 45 SECONDS guest appearance to read me the MRI results 's the PA can't do that!! As soon as the last word was finished, he immediately vanished!! If you have never met the doctor b/4, & the PA has never send you for any MRI, you would actually think the PA was the actual doctor!! Bedside manner, he got none!! He is rude & unwilling to answer any questions from the patients, he is just there to drain the insurance!! Now the new lady hand surgeon is just as bad, just doesn't have a PA for her to "boss" around to do her job yet!

August 19th, 2014
He has terrible bedside manners, did not even introduce himself when I visited his office the first time. He spent about 5 seconds with me then sent his PA in to talk to me, at which time she ordered a splint which I could not use and could probably bought otc for half the price. If he is good I don't know since he did not treat my problem

February 14th, 2014
Mark Mohrmann
One of the most arrogant doctors I have come across; and he billed me for services I never received. This is someone I would stay away from; on the other hand, their office manager (Kathy) is great and I would go back to another doctor in that office based solely on Kathy's responsiveness to my issues with Dr. Mohrmann.

November 21st, 2013
visits without the Dr.
Did not meet him for two month. His PA did all my visits (who is very nice). Spent 3 min with me when it was time to close my case. Going to get another opinion.

August 10th, 2013
Don't go to this dr
Like other reviewers. Dr. Mohrmann spent 2 minutes with me and did not want to answer my questions. Bottom line- the man doesn't care. I have never experienced anything like it and will not go back to him. Save yourself aggravation and avoid this dr.

August 3rd, 2013
Well-meaning, but bedside manner is sorely lacking
While I'm sure Dr. Mohrmann means well, his bedside manner could use a lot of work. Although I think he accurately diagnosed me, he spent about 3 minutes total with me, and was out the door before I could ask him any questions. He did not explain what he was injecting me with until I asked, after I experienced bad side effects. In a follow-up appointment, I did not feel that my concerns were fully addressed, and his manner was such that I felt that I was wasting his time by asking questions. I really don't think a patient should need to be excessively assertive just to get their physician to address their concerns. His PA, on the other hand, is lovely. She performed my EMG and nerve tests, in which she clearly explained everything that was going to happen, and actually engaged in a dialogue with me. I'd like to think that part of the reason Dr. Mohrmann was so brisk is because what I have is relatively common, but from reading other reviews, I'm getting the sense that this is not the case. I understand he is also a surgeon and probably spends a fair amount of time performing surgery as opposed to seeing patients in his office, but that is no excuse for his lack of interpersonal skills and shockingly brisk manner. He has sent me to an occupational therapist, which will hopefully resolve the problem, and I hope that when I have another follow-up visit with him, it will be better.

March 9th, 2013
Rushed me
I told his assistant that I had been having pain and soreness on both elbows for over 7 months and had been resting, icing and even stopped working out in order to ensure I was not aggravating the site. She told me that I had tendonitis and that I should rest and ice and come back in two weeks to check on progress. I felt like I was getting a generic diagnosis. I was hoping they would be able to tell me why I had been in pain for so long by possibly performing some types of tests (ultrasounds, etc). She rushed me out and I did not get a chance to speak with the actual doctor since he was probably busy churning out some other copays.

October 21st, 2012
Little time spent with patient and unwillingness to engage in a constructive dialog
Mark Mohrmann spent a total of 3 minutes with me. His staff asked me all the questions about my injury and past medical history - he did not. He asked me 2 questions regarding "where did it hurt". He was unwilling to engage in a dialog with me when I questioned his course of action ('two weeks rest and come back to see him') and his manner was kurt and uncaring. His bedside manner was shockingly lacking compared to that of every other doctor in NYC I have seen in my 21 years of living here. Whether you care about bedside manner or not, the fact that he outsources almost all of the professional diagnosis and treatment (a steroid shot administered not by him, but by a physician's assistant, for example), should be something you consider before going to see him.

October 12th, 2012
Avoid this doctor
I came due to chronic elbow pain and Dr. Mohrmann had his assistant tend to me. I asked her why my elbow clicks when it moves and she told me that if it doesn't hurt, to just not worry about it. I told her I had done PT for 3 months and had no progress. When I mentioned that "to just not worry" was not a suitable answer, she went to get Dr. Mohrmann. He came in, answered my question and tried to rush out. I had more questions and after he answered each one, he kept trying to rush out. It's unbelievable that this Dr. made it so obvious that he has better things to do than talk to me about my elbow issues. I was hoping someone was going to discuss possible reasons as to why I was not progressing. He had his assistant give me an injection, tell me to take it easy and then tell me to come back in two weeks. Yep, after 3 months of PT, not working out, icing my elbows daily and doing ultrasound therapy, a nice injection and relaxing for 2 weeks will def help. Thanks, Dr.

August 14th, 2012
The doctor did not spend any time with me or examined me and let his assistant do all the work. The doctor does not care about his patients.