Mark S Myerson, MD
McAuley Plaza, 1st Floor
301 Saint Paul St
Baltimore, MD 21202
410-659-2800
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.3191489361702 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7340425531915 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7553191489362 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  He changed my life!  |  show details
by Diana G. on Jun 3rd, 2014

Thirty years ago, at age 44, I was given a year until I would be wheelchair bound forever because of severe foot problems. I visited Dr. Meyerson for a 2nd opinion and he gave me shots and orthodics and I walked for 30 years. I lived in Europe for 22 years and then moved to Alabama. Last September I was given a diagnosis of only a few more months of guaranteed walking. Again I visited Dr. Meyerson in Baltimore. He put a plate in my big toe on my right foot and gave me a brace/boot to align my foot. He recommended a brace/boot for my left foot as well. Now I am walking better than ever. Thank you, Dr. Meyerson, for your skills and imaginative approach to problems other doctors had given up on.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Anh T on Feb 5th, 2014

I was a patient of Dr Myerson and he is not as great as he is built up to be. He does not have great bed side manner and I felt like he was pushing surgery and not really explaining my other options. He just wants to "cut" !!! Do yourself a favor and go see someone else !

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
by Gregg V on Jan 26th, 2014

Dr. Myerson is a fantastic doctor! I have been suffering with Plantar Fasiciitis for over 3 and a half years. I went to 7 top doctors in NY and still no relief. Dr. Myerson knew the issue and perform a gastrocnemius recession, that cured my pain. He is a wonderful doctor, very caring and does only what's best for his patients. Going to him from NY was the best thing I ever did.

|  excellence  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2014

THE MAN IS A BLOODY GENIUS. What else is there to say?!

|  Correctional Officer  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2013

I have had several set backs and increasing amounts of pain over the past thirty years after being in a motorcycle accident. I have seen two other orthopaedic surgeons to seek relief from the pain. After receiving an ankle fusion in 2012 from Dr. Myerson I have had the least amount of pain in over fifteen years.

|  Foot Surgery  |  show details
by Gary Getz Sr. on Nov 12th, 2013

Dr. Myerson is very compassionate and caring doctor. I will highly recommend Dr. Myerson to anyone with foot or ankle concerns.

|  The BEST ankle surgeon!  |  show details
by Kim M Reinfried on Aug 5th, 2013

I suffered a severe ankle and leg break while vacationing in Jamaica March 20, 2011. You NEVER want to spend ANY time in a Jamaican hospital. Long story short... I flew back to Lancaster, PA. Had surgery March 23, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital. All seemed well at cast removal time, several weeks following, I began to have pain in the ankle, original surgeon referred me to specialist, tried several procedures, nothing worked, tried another specialist, more pain, nothing worked. I was finally referred to Dr. Myerson. My first visit with him was Feb. 2013. I could barely put any weight on my left ankle. at that 1st appointment, Dr. Myerson took X-rays. He than came back in and reviewed the X-rays in great detail with my husband and I. He gave me several choices that he felt would relieve my pain and have me walking normally again. He gave us written information to review, left the X-rays on the viewer in the room, told us to read, digest and discuss all the information, take as much time as we needed and let him know when we were ready to discus with him. He left the room to see other patients. After about an hour, we requested Dr. Myerson to return to further our discussion. He came back to talk with us in just a few minutes. It was determined that the best solution for me was a total ankle joint replacement. I was VERY frightened! Dr. Myerson preformed my surgery on June 12, 2013. after just two weeks I was starting to put weight on my new ankle, walking in "The Boot". At my six week check-up I began walking WITHOUT the boot. Dr. Myerson said the surgery went FANTASTIC! Each day I'm getting a bit stronger and more confidant with my walking. I'm still taking Physical Therapy 2 times per week (for several more weeks) and just began Yoga to improve my balance and stability. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. MYERSON!! I am looking forward to regaining my active lifestyle. If you have any ankle problem, I STRONGLY SUGGEST you call and schedule an appointment with Dr. Myerson. I am VERY PLEASED!!!!

by Catherine Cunningham on Aug 5th, 2013

I had an ankle replacement in 2007. At that time very few doctors were performing this type of surgery. After conducting a search for doctors who performed ankle replacements, I decided on Dr. Myerson because his name kept coming up as a leader in this field. The surgery went well and my life improved tremendously. I was able to walk without pain and do things I wasn't able to do for years. I have total confidence in his abilities. The staff at The Institue for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction are extremely courteous and responsive. Phone calls are returned within a few hours or at least by the end of the day. I was always taken on time for my appointment.

|  Happy patient!  |  show details
by D.K E. on Jul 19th, 2013

This was my second surgery and it went quite well. I had an excellent experience from first visit to last visit. The result for my feet was great. I am now pain free and looking forward to wearing regular shoes. Thanks so much for a great outcome.

|  Exceptional Experience  |  show details
by Sue B. on Jul 17th, 2013

I had previous surgery by another doctor to rectify my foot issue yet 2 years later I still experienced pain and discomfort. Within minutes of starting my face-to-face consultation with Dr. Myerson he knew what wasn't done with the first surgery. He fully explained what had to be done to correct the underlying issues and where my pain was probably originating from. Dr. Myerson used the x-ray film taken during my visit, a skeletal foot display and my foot to explain the situation. He made sure I understood his explanation and took the time to listen to my concerns and expectations. The whole process, from the initial consultation, through scheduling surgery, surgery and the post-op, went very smoothly. 3 months post surgery I no longer experience pain as I did before the surgery. His guidance on what to do and expect during my recovery period greatly assisted in my healing process.

by Marta Krzywucki on Jul 6th, 2013

Dr. Myerson is a wonderful surgeon. I am so grateful for the surgery he did on my heel. Since the surgery, and after I got rid of my boot, I do not feel any pain. I am walking like I haven't walked in 5 years. I will recommend Dr. Myerson to anyone who needs a specialist. He truly is a doctor of calling.

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
by Paul rockstroh on Jun 7th, 2013

I had my foot crushed by a bulldozer in 1986. Mark rebuilt my foot in 5 surgeries. He is awesome. My foot is great, don't even know that it was injured. He is the BEST foot doctor in the world.

|  18 yrs. later and doing awesome  |  show details
by Sk8ter on May 30th, 2013

I had a right foot that sustained horrific damage from improper surgery done by a podiatrist in 1976. Over the years, Dr. Myerson did multiple surgeries to put my foot back together; piece by piece. He never gave up. This included creating an "artificial achilles tendon" using the other tendons in my foot. My last surgery was on or about 1995. It is now 2013 and I am doing awesome. I teach figure skating and hockey professionally and can easily spend 5 hrs. on my skates at a time showing students spins, turns , fast starts, etc. Who would have guessed ? Certainly not me. I'm pain free and anyone who knows my story will tell you that I'm a walking miracle. I am amazed every day that I lace up my skates. I consider Dr. Myerson's talent as a surgeon to be a direct gift from God. He's awesome.

|  Dr. Myerson is not God.  |  show details
May 3rd, 2013

Our feet and ankles are very complex parts of our bodies. Surgery certainly should not be taken lightly. While Dr. Myerson is probably one of the more experienced foot/ankle surgeons around, that does not mean he is perfect. He lectures around the country and presents case studies. I was a case study. One that appears successful on paper and x-rays; however, his procedure on my foot was not successful in terms of functionality. Dr. Myerson did not explain all the risks of my operation; he did not tell me I would develop hammer toes and I would continue to have severe pain several years later. I believe he took advantage of my vulnerability at the time and did not present all the possible options available at the time of my operation. I remember one of his fellows suggesting a viable alternative, which was immediately dismissed by Myerson. He did not like to be questioned by me and certainly not by the doctors who feel they are honored to participate in a fellowship in his shop. To all of you who had a successful surgery, I am happy for you. I was a guinea pig; a case study. I'd like to attend one of his seminars and show the audience of doctors what my foot really looks like - how my foot does not function properly and explain the adverse impact Dr. Myerson's surgery has had on my life.

Mar 26th, 2013

I had an ankle replacement and was never ever in any pain after the surgery. He explained everything fully and answered all my questions. I could not recommend anyone more more highly. He was outstanding.

|  Mark Myerson. Really nobody can surpass him..  |  show details
by Karen R. Sargent. on Feb 10th, 2013

He is smart and he is gifted and has laser-like focus. Does not appear to suffer fools gladly. One of the best brains I have ever encountered. And commendably self-taught bi-lingual. I delight in the fact that he always has in tow a handful of international visiting docs . He is generous about sharing his knowledge. He has saved my life repeatedly in the form of reconstructed feet and ankles. I live in Europe most of the time, but all foot and ankle issues fly directly to Baltimore .

|  After 64 years, I can walk correctly!  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2012

Since I first started walking, I had walked on the outside of my left foot. Over the years,it turned over, almost on my ankle bone. Dr. Myerson not only straightened my foot, but encourged me throughout the long healing process. I can now hike and climb again. I am extremely grateful!!! Anyone who needs foot reconstruction, this is the man to go to!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  3.5 years since ankle replacement And going strong  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

I wrtoe a review posted here on May 5, 2010 about the great results from total ankle replacement by Dr. Myerson. It is now 3.5 years and I am amazed and thankful every day at how successful this surgery has been. I can do everything except running and high impact activities. Dr. Myerson is in my opinion the best in ankle surgery and I recommend him often to others.

|  excellent foot and ankle reconstruction facility/doctors  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

Altho I waited 2 months for an appt, it was worth it. The entire experience from diagnosis to foot surgery to follow care was an excellent one. The staff, on all levels, was professional and courteous.

|  miracle doctor  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

I was introduced by one of the patients of Dr.myerson to Dr.Myerson. Her name is Patrick living in Queens NYC.Bones of her left ankle scattered,she had twice operations on the ankle by doctors in the best hospitals in Mahattan and nothing had been solved, problems still there, she lied in bed for 4 years.A doctor introduced her to Dr.Myerson,the third operation on her left ankle done by Dr. Myerson and after that Patrick can walk and work like a normal person for several years already.Patrick would never be able to walk without Dr. Myerson's operation on her left ankle. That is the reason I come to Dr.Myerson when my ankle has problem.I trust him the most in this world. I won't care however far I have to travel to reach him I will only go to him whenever my ankle has problem.

|  GREAT DOCTOR  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

Direct and to the point. Thought of highly througout the world. Is mirrored by several doctors througthout the world. Saved my foot from possible amputation through complete ankle reconstruuctive surgery, 08/17/2010.

|  Amazing Experience  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

I researched surgeons who performed ankle replacements. I am so so glad that I chose Dr.Myerson. He first of all is THE BEST surgeon. From explaining in detail what he was going to do & why, to answering all my questions, to being friendly & personable, & caring, to being top in his field & running a top knotch office. Everyone I came in contact with was GREAT. Can't say enough good things about Dr. Myerson & his staff.5Stars******

Dec 30th, 2011

Dr. Mark Myerson has operated on foot several times to correct previous surgeries done by other doctors. He is the most caring doctor I know.

Dec 8th, 2011

After having a failed ankle replacement in upstate NY, constant pain and talk of amputaion! I finally traveled 5 1/2 hours to see Dr. Meyerson in baltimore. He is fantastic. I just finished 2nd surgery of a 2 step process over 3 months to correct the ankle. I have high hopes that this new joint will work and change my life for the better! He has passed on his excitement to me that I WILL have movent of this joint again! I trust him totally and he always been open and honest with me

Oct 13th, 2011

Dr. Myerson is a phenomenal surgeon. He did an ankle reconstruction on my left ankle 5 months ago and I have had a wonderful result. I can walk normally again (after a 7 year battle with recurring ankle problems) and was just discharged from his service. He is very caring and explains your options completely. If I had not had surgery, he felt that I would have spent many future years in a wheelchaire- not a viable option for me. The entire staff is also very caring and I would continue to travel the distance to this top-notch center. They get a 5* rating from me! Thank you Dr. Myerson

|  A Blessing  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2011

Dr. Myerson has been blessed by God with a special ability to see a foot problem and know how to repair it. I had almost given up hope of walking in regular shoes and my sister insisted one more time to come to Baltimore for a consultation with Dr. Myerson. Since 2006 all the drs. I had seen in my area (Albany,NY) had told me nothing could be done. I had broken my foot and it flattened out requiring extra wide shoes, then I developed a knot where my arch used to be. Shortly thereafter a blister developed, it became infected and weekly/bi-weekly visits were necessary to debride and dress it. I was placed in a very unattractive boot and walked with a cane. It was in this condition on 12/14/09 that I had my visit with Dr. Myerson. On 2/2/10, I had a mid-foot reconstruction which required 3 months of total non-weight bearing activity (not so much fun but well worth the wait). Then 6 weeks in a boot and finally the news I had been waiting for - I could begin wearing regular shoes, sandals. Praise the Lord for blessing Dr. Myerson with his wonderful expertise.

|  One year after Subtalar fusion  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

It has been one year after Subtalar fusion surgery on my left foot performed by doctor Myerson. I feel good. Almost no limitations. I was snowboarding in Colorado last winter (by the way it helped better than physical therapy to completely recover). I ride motorcycle, do everything I use to do before arthritis destroyed my left joint and damaged right one. I should say that I have some uncomfortable feeling in my operated foot especially when I am sitting for some time and have to get up and walk, but as I am walking uncomfortable feeling goes away and as more I walk as better I feel.

May 5th, 2011

I had significant pain and deteriation of my right ankle after many injuries over the years. Dr. Myerson tried several options, but the ankle was in such bad condition that Dr. Myerson felt that I would not be able to walk in the near future if we did not take major action. He recommended a Total Ankle Replacement, which was done about 18 months ago. I am amazed at the work which Dr. Myerson did. I am essentially pain free have excellent strength and range of motion in my ankle and am more limited by recent knee and hip replacements than by my ankle. I am able to work out daily, ride my bike, play golf and as soon as my knee and hip are done with rehab, I expect to play tennis again.

Apr 19th, 2011

After two surgeries from a previous doctor (and he wanted to perform a third), that is when Dr. Myerson was recommended to me by a friend and a previous patient of Dr. Myerson. He said my surgery on my foot was very difficult but I am now on the road to recovery. Thank you, Dr. Myerson!!

Mar 4th, 2011

Excellent care given by Dr Myerson and all of his staff.Although I had to wait several months to get an appointment for bilateral bunion surgery-it was well worth the wait. I'm very satisfied and pleased with the end result.Much attention to detail, thorough and very efficiently run operation. All of his staff were very courteous, efficient and caring. I highly recommend Dr Myerson and the institute.

|  Long-Time Patient  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Myerson for nearly 20 years and I would not let anyone look at my feet except him. He is on of the most brilliant and dedicated doctors that I have ever been to, and the work that he does on people's feet and ankles in remarkable. As well, he is a nice fellow with a nice "bed-side" manner for someone of his position and renown.

|  Arthodesis midetarsal  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Dr. Mark Myerson is excellent! I was in severe pain 24x7 from a deformed foot I had from a previous motorcycle accident. Dr. Myerson did a reconstruction on my foot almost 4 months ago. I am totally without pain today & the operation was a complete success.I would definitely recommend Dr. Myerson for serious foot injuries &/or reconstruction procedures. I interviewed several other doctors before I chose Dr. Myerson. I know I made the best decision! You'll feel the same way too once hes done your surgery; and you're fully recovered.THANK YOU Dr. Myerson. I really appreciate your help.Your 9/15/10 patient.Suzanne

|  Outstanding Surgeon  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

After two unsuccessful ankle operations by another surgeon and failure of three others to propose appropriate corrective surgery, Dr. Myerson took one look at the ankle & x-rays and declared it a bad condition he needed to correct, and that is what he did a week later in what he described as "one of the most difficult operations" he ever had to perform. Three months later he declared the ankle successfully healed and discharged me as a patient. He is truly a genius surgeon.

|  DR. MARK MYERSON  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

I HAVE BEEN WITH DR. MYERSON SINCE 2004 AND HAVE HAD 4 SURGERIES ON MY LEFT ANKLE. THE FIRST THREE, UNFORTUNATELY DID NOT HAVE THE EXCELLENT RESULT HE STRIVES FOR, THEREFORE SINCE MY TRUST IN HIM WAS IMPECCABLE, I AGREED TO HAVE A REVISION OF MY EXISTING ANKLE REPLACEMENT. THE RESULTS ARE DRAMATICALLY IMPROVED AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.HE AND HIS STAFF COULDN'T BE NICER OR MORE PROFESSIONAL AND I HAVE RECOMMENDED HIM TO MANY OTHERS. I ALSO FEEL THE SAME ABOUT MERCY MEDICAL CENTER AND I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO GO THERE FOR ANY FURTHER SURGICAL NEEDS.

|  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  |  show details
by jimdjtmd@hotmail.com on Dec 29th, 2010

I was seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon that was supposed to one of the top ankle surgeons in Delaware. After being treated by him from March-2010 to mid-August 2010 my Sharcot foot condition was getting much worse and my pain level was rising. I decided to check the internet for best Orthopedic Surgeon in the country. I located Dr. Mark Myerson and called my insurance carrier to see if he was in their netwok as he is located in Baltimore Maryland/Mercy Hospital. They said he was and recommended him highly as the best on the east coast and maybe the country in dealing with ankles. I made an appointment and saw him August 18,2010. He asked why my previous doctor didn't operate back in March to which I had no real answer. Dr. Myerson did a total ankle reconstructive surgery August 27,2010. He saved me from likely amputation and all is healing well. Long recovery but he certainly knows what he's doing. He is really knowledgeable, efficient and a great surgeon with a great staff supporting him.

|  Top Rated Physician  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

Prior to coming to Dr. Myerson, I had a total ankle replacement done by another physician which collapsed and thus I ended up walking sideways with an uneven gait for 10 years. From that I ended up having a total hip replacement. Dr. Myerson was able to fix the ankle implant and bring me back to walking almost normal. His team of doctors were excellent, they knew of my history and procedure prior to meeting with me which gave me a great feeling of confidence in them. Being from out of state did not hinder the care that I received. Recovering post op was as if I were in state. The questions, concerns and follow ups were immediate when I called the office. His procedure left minimal scaring with no infection compared to the procedure that I had done to me 10 years ago. I am extremely pleased with the procedure, care and out come of my suregery and strongly recommend Dr. Myerson to all those that I come in contact with and will continue to.

by Sandra R. Holloway on Dec 9th, 2010

I want to first start by saying to God be the glory for sending me to Dr. Myerson, Thee experience was way behind what I had expected after breaking my ankle in three places I thought I would not walk again the care I recived from Dr. Myerson was like a miracle from God he treated me with high repect in was concern about my ankle away's making sure before I left from the office that I was filling better,I recommend him to all those who are looking for a doctor that know's his work in perform the work to the best of his knowledge.Thanks to Dr.Mark Myerson thee best Surgeon ever I'm walking again.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Ben King on Dec 2nd, 2010

From the time of my first appointment to my last visit today, Dr. Myerson and his staff have made me feel relaxed and confident in their abilities. This applies to their associates and office staff as well. At all times I felt they cared about me and went out of their way to explain things to me and answer any questions I had. Their is a possibility I will have to have another bunion and/or hammer toe taken care of and I will definitely go back to Dr. Myerson. And for what it's worth, Medicare does not compensate him adequately for his skills and expertise.

|  Excellent caring physician  |  show details
by Nancy Hobbs on Nov 19th, 2010

I respect and highly recommend Dr. Mark Myerson because of his caring, professional ability to find my problem quickly and to ease my tension regarding surgery and recovery. I have never met such a man who although highly skilled, hasn't let his position cloud his warm and sincere personality.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

I am now at 12 weeks post subtalar fusion surgery. Air-cast boot was removed and I am allowed to my regular shoe. Everything has been good so far. Correct diagnosis, successful operation, proper after surgery recommendations. I am very happy that I have chosen Dr. Myerson as my doctor.

by Ralph DeRose on Oct 14th, 2010

Dr. Myerson is not only a world renowned surgeon, he is a humanitarian who has very few equal in his or any other profession. I consider myself very lucky to have him as my surgeon and will always recommend him to anyone who requires foot & ankle attention.

by John Matarazzo on Sep 30th, 2010

Perfection

|  Excellent Surgeon with great bedside manner, too  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2010

Dr. Myerson fixed my ankle after 2 other orthopedic surgeons were unable to through surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Myerson to any patient with ankle problems.

|  Marilyn  |  show details
by ua on Aug 17th, 2010

I can't stress strong enough the excellent q

|  Today is one year since my surgery  |  show details
by Cheryl Marston on Aug 1st, 2010

Today is one year since I had my total ankle replacement.Let me start off by giving you some back groundOn Oct 6 2005 I was in a car accident and hit head on (in Fawn Grove PA) I had an open talus fracture. (I am a 47 year old female) I was taken to York Hospital and they would not even look at my foot. I waited 2 days for a bed to open up at Hershey Medical Center. I was glad to be at Hershey because they are supposed to be on the same level as Hopkins. My doctor was Spence Reid. I guess he couldnt do anything else for me and referred me to Jorge Busillo. I had about 70 degrees of motion. My main issue was pain. It was recommended that I have a arthroscopy distraction. I went on line looking for other options. I found a procedure done my Mark Myerson I asked Dr Bustillo if he could do this for me. He said danced around it before he finally just flat out told me I could go to Dr Myerson. I informed him that I was on medical assistance and could not go to him. I went forward with the distraction. It was a huge mistake, I lost about 65 degrees of motion and the pain increased. I was discussing amputation.I found out through a friend there was such a thing as pain management and found a doctor to help me. (Hershey never told me there was such a thing as pain management) I started taking methadone. With the pain management I was able to walk without a cane.Eleven months after surgery I finally went back to work. I was still contemplating amputation I but wanted to exhaust all other options first. After my insurance started I began to call to get an appointment with Dr Myerson but at time he was not taking any new patients. I called and called back and called back. Finally I got an appointment. It took 2 years to get THAT appointment. It was worth it. Dr Myerson told me that he would be able to help me. I was literally in tears (of joy) after years of pain and the very real threat of amputation I may finally have a resolution.On August 1, 2009 I went into Mercy Hospital and had a total ankle replacement. Dr Myerson and his staff were wonderful. Recovery was just as it was explained to me. After 3 months I went back to work, not the 11 months it took to recover from the last surgery at Hershey. Since then I have completely stopped taking methadone. I also was able to start looking at other aspects of my heath. Previously my life was so consumed by this injury that I didnt have the time (to take off work) or the inclination for anything else in my life. I had my first mammogram since the accident. I was having a problem with my arms/ hands tingling and I was able to go to a doctor and get a diagnosis of carpel tunnel.I also have a problem in my neck, that has prevented me from exercising but as time is going by my arms & hands are not tingling, as much so I wonder if it wasnt because could not walk correctly thereby causing my neck to go out of alignment.I dreaded going to the mall with my (then) 17 daughter, one because of the pain and two because I could walk to keep up her. We have since gone shopping several time and 2 weeks ago she told ME to slow down. I told her I couldnt believe she said that to me. she knew what I meant. It was so far from where I was a year ago.My physical size is getting smaller ~ without exercise, just my normal level of activity has increase.I can walk up stairs normal, not taking a step at a time.I have been able to get diagnosed with ADHD, which I would have never had the time to do with the injury I had. This has also made a huge improvement in my life that I could have never done before.My overall personality has changes because I do not have to deal with the pain or depression if the injury.These are just some of ways this surgery has impacted my life. It goes far beyond a foot surgery. It is a complete quality of life change. Hershey Medical Center told me I could never have an ankle replacement. Doctor Myerson has done the impossible.I can not begin to express how grateful to Doctor Myerson for giving me a second chance at life.

|  He gave me back my life!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2010

Dr Myerson is a godsent to me. After 31 years with a horribly injured ankle he replaced it in Nov 2010. I am now free of pain and can walk again. He is not arrogant, he is knowledgeable, he will not operate unless it is necessary. At the same time he will not just put a band aid on an injury he will fix it! His support staff are great also! I would whole heartedly recommend him.

by Gale Smith on Jul 21st, 2010

Dr. Myerson performed magic on my foot. He and his staff are exceptional, outstanding and professional. I now have a completely reconstructed foot - beautiful - I can walk again. I am ever so grateful to Dr. Myerson. Best surgeon in the world. I would highly recommend Dr. Myerson to anyone with foot and ankle problems.

by Marvin Burt on Jul 17th, 2010

Outstanding result of total ankle replacement and foot reconstruction.

by Terry Lansing on Jun 22nd, 2010

I would highly recommend him. He corrected a local Doctors failure to properly repair a non union fracture of my foot with excellent results.

|  Dr. Myerson saved my foot  |  show details
by Laura - Virginia on Jun 22nd, 2010

I had a botched bunion removal in 2006 and after 2 more surgeries my local orthopaedic doctor referred me to Dr. Myerson. He is the only reason I am able to get around and walk like I do now. I rate him as excellent because he knew exactly what he was doing and he explained everything in detail to me before it happened. I am deeply grateful to him and will forever be!

|  Incomparable  |  show details
by Phil Collyer on Apr 26th, 2010

The other reviews on this site clearly indicate Dr. Myerson is exceptional. While it is hard to compete with their heartfelt reviews, I feel compelled to try Mark Myerson is worth that effort. I have had end-stage osteoarthritis in my ankle for years (former triathlete). Dr. Myersons success in salvaging my ankle (instead of fusing it) is by now legendary, at least within his office. In September 2009 he spent hours longer than anticipated in the operating room successfully replacing my ankle (total ankle replacement). One of the other attending surgeons told me afterward that Dr. Myerson was likely the only doctor in the world who could have successfully pulled off the replacement, overcoming the complications encountered during surgery. This same doctor looked me straight in the eye and said he would never forget this operation for the rest of his life. I am walking today on a fully functioning ankle (instead of a fused ankle) because Dr. Myerson had the skill and determination to do everything possible for me. Obviously everyones situation is unique, but for me this surgeon has my unwavering gratitude and respect for his efforts, which went above and beyond where others could go.

|  The Absolute Best  |  show details
by L Barrieault on Mar 18th, 2010

Dr Myerson replaced my ankle and changed my life! Before the surgery I was in so much pain, at times I wished they could amputate my foot. Now, I am pain free. I am getting stronger after years of being unable do much, I have been given my quality of life back and am extremely grateful.

|  A whole new lease on life!  |  show details
by Sally English on Jan 18th, 2010

I can't say enough about the miracle Dr. Myerson performed on my foot. I had been told by other doctors that I would have to wear a brace the rest of my life, which included enduring painful sores and arduous preparation wrapping my deforming foot each day. Then a friend referred me to Dr. Myerson and my whole life changed. My surgery was a complete success and a drastic change for the better. I no longer wear a brace and am on the tail end of my recovery. My experience at his office was always highly professional and I knew I was getting the best possible care. Thank you, Dr. Myerson. You are a miracle worker!

|  Successful ankle replacement  |  show details
by K.Miller on Dec 17th, 2009

After years of pain due to ankle arthritis I finally found Dr. Myerson. I had no movement in the ankle joint and a local specialist wanted to do a fusion. Well, the ankle was already fused. Not a solution for me. Dr. Myerson did a replacement after advising me of my options. Couldn't be happier. During the initial appt. he did tend to be a bit abrupt as stated by some other patients, but since the first appt. I have not experienced that with him. I'll put it down to him having a difficult day. I would recommend him to anyone and feel confident in his abilities.

|  Best Foot and Ankle Doctor Around  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2009

When i first say Dr. Myerson my foot was in bad shape due to an emergency room doctor's malpractice. If it wasnt for Dr. Myerson and his efforts, i would have lost my foot. This man was a wonderful gift, he is awesome, there is no better foot and ankle surgeon in the country.

|  RT ANKLE  |  show details
by EDWARD G BUDINSKY on Nov 13th, 2009

DR. MYERSON AND HIS STAFF WERE THE BEST...THIS WAS MY FOURTH SURGERY ON MY ANKLE..THE FIRST BY DR. MYERSON AND IT HAS NEVER FELT SO GOOD..I AM SO GREATFUL WE FOUND HIM.. I TELL ANYONE WHO HAS FOOT AND ANKLE PROBLEMS TO CALL HIM..HE IS THE BEST...

|  Kristina Johnson-Eck  |  show details
May 27th, 2009

Dr. Myerson first saw my daughter in May of 2008. We live in Kansas, and traveled to Baltimore with the hope that Dr. Myerson could correct the deformity in my daughters foot caused by compartment syndrome. We were prepared to see a brilliant doctor that we assumed would be cold, uncaring, and short on time for us. We were quite suprised with his warm, caring, and considerate treatment! Not only did he answer our questions at the appointment, but he personally called me to discuss futher options and ease my mind about the upcomming surgery. He as well had us bring in our daughter the day before surgery just to see how she was doing emotionally (she was 16 at the time) and see if SHE had any questions! Surgery was done twice (once in July 2008 and again in March of 2009. Dr Myerson was always personable, kind, caring, and professional. Words can not express our gratitude to this man for giving our daughter the best chance of a normal life! Dr Myerson was able to fix many of the deformities caused by a previous surgery here in Kansas. Our doctor in Kansas did not know how to fix the problem and essentially said she would have to live with her foot mangled for the rest of her life! I believe with all of my heart that without the expertise of Dr Myerson, our daughter would have been crippled for life.

|  Greatest Doctor Ever  |  show details
by Victoria on May 7th, 2009

First off, Dr. Myerson has been a God send in my life. I had a surgery to correct a re-occuring soccer ingury and because of my original doctors neglegencen I went from being a very active 14 year old - to being what every doctor I visited diagnosed as permanently disabled. I didn't want to believe this; however, just when I started to adjust to this idea that I would be crippled for the wrest of my life, my grandpa found Dr. Myerson on the internet. He is the world specialist in compartment syndrome, which is what I had suffered from. I live in Wichita, Kansas - but because no other doctor in the state would take me on as a patient because of the severity of my condition, my family and I took a leap of faith and flew to Baltimore. Frankly, because he is such a world renowned doctor I expected him to be full of himself and have horrible bed-side manner, and I couldn't have been further from the truth! He is the most sweet, kind, compassionate, (I could go on forever), man (notice I said man, not doctor) I have ever met. Instead of greeting me with a cold handshake as most doctors do, Dr. Myerson would greet me with a hug and ask about my life. He went above and beyond to show that he genuinly cared. He personally called my parents and me when he found out that I was having anxiety about the up-coming surgery and requested that I come in a day early so that I could have a face to face conversation with him to allow him to give me peace of mind. Honestly I have never trusted another person more than Dr. Myerson. He has given me my life back when every other doctor said "It is what it is. There is nothing more I can do." I could never repay Dr. Myerson for all he has done for me.

by Elaine Crispell on May 3rd, 2009

Dr. Myerson diagnosed a complicated issue in both feet. He addressed the problem one at a time. My gait has now been corrected to the best that it can be and I can now address the spinal issues that developed due to the injuries to my feet. It has been 15 years from my original injury and I can FINALLY move on!!!Thank You!!!

by Judith on May 1st, 2009

Outstanding, world-renowned doctor who deserves his reputation. Stellar credentials. Believes in conservative treatment first. Perfected many procedures. Saved my foot from a fusion!

Apr 28th, 2009

Dr. Myerson's treatment of my foot/ankle problems has given me the ability to walk pain-free.

|  Great surgeon!  |  show details
by Ginny on Apr 19th, 2009

Dr. Myerson performed two foot surgeries for me: one in late 2008 and the other in early 2009. The specific rating categories don't really allow me to say why I rate him as "excellent". My referring physician insisted that I see Dr. Myerson, because he is the best surgeon for the type of foot problems I experienced. He radiates confidence, which made me feel less anxious. Other surgeons come to study with him, which also made me feel sure that he is capable and skilled. Dr. Myerson is courteous, pleasant, and always willing to answer questions, but for me, the most important question involved when someone is going to cut into my body to try to fix someting is: Will he/she do a good job? He did. I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery, and look forward to enjoying my new feet.

by Terry G. Lansing on Apr 9th, 2009

Dr. Meyerson is very skilled at correctly diagnosing the problem and top notch in his knowledge and ability to correct the problem or problems.

by wsayne phillips on Apr 8th, 2009

Dr. Myerson demonstrated to me that he is probably the foremost surgeon as it apllies to ankles, (as was my case). I suffered for many years from a deteriorating process from a severe sprain in my early years, further complicated by bowleggedness. Having seen many surgeons over the years who would not give surgical intervention as an option due to their summation of arthritic deformity, I was relieved to come upon Dr. Myerson. Based upon his specialization and knowledge, he immediately gave me options on my first consultation, and ultimately the surgical intervention was conducted. The surgery was very involved and resulted in an osteotomy of the tibia, correcting tendons and using numerous screws to further support the ankle. I for the first time began walking flatly again on that foot and I immediately obtained relief in both the knee and hip due to my past, poor gait. Although I still have discomfort from the arthritis there and will probably one day need an ankle replacement to resolve the arthritic condition, I can assure you that I will travel back across the country or wherever to find Dr. Myerson to once again place my foot/ankle in his care. He demonstrated to me that he isw incredibly gifted and caring, and thank goodness he has fellowship physicians working alongside him to learn directly from a master.

Apr 5th, 2009

very talented doctor!!!

by Patricia Silverman on Mar 30th, 2009

For 12 years I had to walk on the sides of my feet but didn't realize what the problem was. Dr. Myerson diagnosed the problem and surgically corrected it. Another expert had told me that there was no satisfactory approach to my abnormality.

Mar 26th, 2009

Dr. Myerson is a top-notch surgeon who has worked with me through a very complicated medical issue. He is by far the most professional, knowlegeable, and dedicated physician I have ever been cared for by.

Mar 25th, 2009

Dr.Myerson is an excellent orthopaedic surgeon for foot and ankle.I would like to recommend to see him for getting the best treatment.

|  S.Africa's loss...our gain!  |  show details
by Marilyn Wissler on Mar 21st, 2009

What a fantastic Dr. After 7 surgeries on my left foot by other doctors, Dr. Myerson took xrays, diagnosed the problem and in 3 weeks after meeting with him, I was in surgery. I have never been a sit-around type of person, and with his total understanding of my foot problem and figuring how to solve it, I just returned from a 2 week trip to Guayaquil, Equador, having no pain!I appreciate the fact he sat with me and explained exactly what he was planning, both in his office and also before surgery. After surgery, I got a phone call from his nurse, inquiring as to the two hour trip home, and if everything was alright.And yes, I'm planning surgery on the right foot, by Dr. Myerson.

|  Mark Myerson  |  show details
by Cynthia Dellosa on Mar 19th, 2009

Dr Myerson is responsible for giving me back the ability to live an active life! When I first went to see him I had foot problems for 20 years prior to my visit with him. I regret waiting so long to see such a talented, knowledgable and caring physician in his field. I recommend him to anyone who asks for my advice for their foot and ankle problems. He is the best this area has.

by Wheeler Baker on Mar 19th, 2009

Dr. Myerson is the best at what he does. I would travel anywhere to seek his opinion and service.

Mar 16th, 2009

Dr. Meyerson has done an ankle joint replcement operation on both my wife and myself in 2008 and 2009 and we both have appreciated the professionalism, caring and competence of Dr. Meyerson and his staff. I would heartily recommend him to others for foot and ankle problems.

|  When you want the best, here he is....  |  show details
by magallaccio on Feb 12th, 2009

The first time I went to Dr. Myerson I have been operated on by 3 other ortho's without success. Dr. Myerson did what 3 others couldn't and straightened out my problem. The next time I had developed a MRSA infection of my ankle and he was on it and started treatment that same day. I want a Dr. who is competent. Forget the bedside manner. Bedside manners will not fix your problem. Dr. Myerson has lectured all over the world and he is the BEST!!!

Nov 28th, 2008

Dr. Myerson is impossible to get a hold of and whenever I did speak with him he was very short and unsensative to my needs. He actually even cut me off in the mid sentence and told me he had to go and hung up abruptly. I felf very uncared for still with a lot of unanswered questions. He just told me to go to another doctor to see what he can do for me. I dont even know what was done in my surgery. Some of the things that were discussed with me previous to surgery apparently weren't done, but I couldn't get a hold of him in order to discuss it.

Nov 27th, 2008

I would highly recommend this doctor when it comes to competence and ability to make quick and accurate diagnosis. Unfortunately, there is a downside when it comes to his attitude which can have a very negative impact on your treatment. He spent only couple of minutes of me, and for what its worth made accurate diagnosis for the part of the problem that I had a chance to describe. However, he did not take time to hear about the rest of the issue and simply referred me to another doctor. I continue to experience serious problems. You might have a great experience with Dr. Myerson if you find a way to get proper attention from him.

|  big mistake  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2008

It was my choice to see this doctor after a LOT of research. "Top Doc" means nothing when the doctor managed to slip up in surgery. I'll never be the same and I'll bet he hasn't lost a second of sleep over it.