Dr. Mark Myerson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2016
Ganglion Cyst on left foot.
After 4 years and 7 failed procedures to remove permanently a Ganglion Cyst, I was told by my Dermatologist to quit messing around before gangrene sets in and see the best of the best foot surgeon, Dr. Mark Myerson. Took 3 months to see him and of course he wasn't there on my appointment day. Another Surgeon who was filling in for him told me to go to a Plastic Surgeon that they didn't do Ganglion Cysts. I wasn't going to argue with him so I left. A few months later my Dermatologist told me to make another appointment and to insist on seeing Dr. Myerson who I finally did after another 3 month wait for an appointment. He was great. Walked me thru what he was going to do and why all those past surgeries failed . He took plenty of time and answered all my questions. Surgery was a total success. Still no cyst after 7 years. He is the best of the best foot Surgeon. I highly recomend Dr. Mark Myerson.

October 25th, 2016
Hope no one ever uses him
This doctor never get hold of anymore patients I'm saying this because he does care about anyone who isn't a success or a rated 10 that he preformed surgery he does need his license revoked for anyone thinking of this doctor as a surgeon think long and hard this isn't to scare anyone but just know if it isn't a success he isn't going to try to fix his failure he is just going to push you to the side as if your life don't matter...... I say run , run fast and find another surgeon he didn't leave Mercy just because he wanted to he left for a reason , he kept messing people up after all he is to in love with himself to leave unless he had to run , run fast Do Not Use Him it will be the worst Mistake you ever make!!!!!

October 13th, 2016
Good Riddance
I am glad he is gone. He had no respect for his patients and did not care about following up on any problems. He resigned and left patients hanging about treatment options. This was completely unethical and unprofessional. He should have his medical license revoked.

September 26th, 2016
Totally fixed my problem 20 years ago. Have had absolutely no reaccurrance

September 24th, 2016
Long time injury healed
I sustained a very bad injury to my navicular bone in my foot. After years of doctors saying I was cleared to play football and train and so on, I went to an orthopedic specialist who recommended Dr. Myerson. Rather then using the traditional fusion technique he told me he could do a pioneering surgery that only had a 50% chance of working. Fat forward 3.5 years I am now playing college football thanks to this man. Great doctor who handled my situation with precision expertise and care. Highly recommend.

September 21st, 2016
bad experience
I underwent tarsal/metatarsal fusion owing to the fact that I sustained a fracture when a table dropped on my foot. Dr. Myerson advised that I incurred arthritis & fusion would correct this. After surgery, I became aware that he had placed a type of plastic in my foot as part of this procedure. I was not aware this would be done. My foot became swollen & red. I went back for follow ups but nothing else was offered. Finally, after 9 months he removed the plastic only because I was informed by a PT that I had pitting edema and I point blank asked him about it. He injected me with cortisone and then did surgery to remove the plastic. I left and went to another surgeon. If he's so great why did he do this?

September 14th, 2016
Very confident and explained matters well. Spent considerable time on the phone with me before we scheduled surgery. I had been to several ankle drs, and they all wanted to fuse the ankle. Great successful complicated surgery for ankle which had little cartilage in one joint and none in the other, and listed badly to the outside. Spent 4 nights in hotel before follow up appt. next wk. PA was available and very helpful before follow up visit. Very satisfied!

September 1st, 2016
Glad he's gone
Myerson is a uncaring piece of work, no bedside manner at all unless you are one of his sucess stories I'm glad he gone and hope he doesn't have any happiness

August 17th, 2016
Life time of pain cured
Upon local doctor saying I needed ankle reconstruction the only person he said he would refer me to was Dr. Myerson. It was a 3 month wait for intial consulatation appointment. He confirmed a prior doctor's assessment of the situation, explained why he felt different procedures needed to be done, had me understand recovery phase. Before the surgery, he met with me again to reexplain, confirm understanding. Fast forward 6 weeks, another doctor in the practice does follow up and is astounded at the speed of recovery and almost invisible scars. Physical Therapist notes that Dr. Myerson is known in the community as "The Godfather of Ankle Surgery". I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

July 30th, 2016
Operating for no reason
I received an operation that Myerson knew wouldn't do me no good only make his pockets fatter , now since the he operation I can't walk Myerson couldn't care less he's a peace of work who believe he can do no wrong, but he did he completely changed my life I can't walk , I can't enjoy my life he knew that the operation wouldn't solve anything but he did it anyway now my foot has no direction at all and he walks around completing his day like he is so perfect while myself and others suffer I'm not the only one he botched and I'm happy for those who had success but I certainly didn't , just scroll the reviews very carefully it thinking of this dr for surgery I wish did he certainly wouldn't be my choose

July 1st, 2016
This man is not competent. He should retire!! Has ruined my life. He cares.. Not at all.

June 28th, 2016
performed failed foot surgery and inadequate and faulty follow up contributed to failure. Since recovery was to be at distant location he promised to provide a more convenient doctor which he failed to do. He was not in office for one early fly up for appointment necessitating another flight. Failed to note on that visit that fusion was not taking place (apparent as screw was broken) and did not detect nor suggest a follow up for several months by which time too late to take remedial actions. No follow up when failure detected some months later ; he disappeared unable to accept his failure apparently. I am not the only patient to have such failures with Dr. Myerson. .