Dr. Mark Myerson MD Patient Reviews

March 2nd, 2017
Only good for textbook cases
This was the worst experience ever..... he proformed surgery and I have not walked since he's good but better if it's some kind of a basic, textbook surgery anything else ...... Don't Do It!!!!

February 16th, 2017
Did a GREAT JOB 19 years ago!!!
I must have went to 10 orthropeadic doctors for foot pain in both feet all over VA. None could find the problem. Must have damaged the feet pounding ice with my heels (in shoes). Anyway, other doctors put me in casts, ran numerous tests, cortazone shots, orthotics, exercises, therapy etc........Dr Meyerson did one test - a painful one - nerve conduction study and found the problem on the first try. It was: TARSARAL Tunnel Syndrome, in both feet. Was going to lose my job and everything. He said lets just do surgery in the worst foot first and see if that gives you enough relief, or we could do the other foot also later if needed. Well, I am about to retire now and made it through with just the one foot surgery. Praise God! He was world reknowned. Can't praise him enough. He is what you expect from John Hopkins. First rate . . . He only stayed on so long because so many people came and needed help. Very competent, and will be missed.

January 31st, 2017
Outstanding he fixed my foot so I could walk when no other dr would or could.

January 29th, 2017
Clearly Dr Myerson is among the most experienced in his field-- very gracious and knowledgeable . I have had 4 surgeries--3 ankle and one heel by him. He is a teacher of doctors as well.

December 12th, 2016
Good Luck . You should retire.You have messed up my foot. My family and I trusted you. You butchered my foot. G-D knows of all the lives you destroyed. The pain and suffering you caused me. I have had to go to several others to try to correct . You butchered my foot. Good luck in the Gates of H--L.

November 5th, 2016
Ganglion Cyst on left foot.
After 4 years and 7 failed procedures to remove permanently a Ganglion Cyst, I was told by my Dermatologist to quit messing around before gangrene sets in and see the best of the best foot surgeon, Dr. Mark Myerson. Took 3 months to see him and of course he wasn't there on my appointment day. Another Surgeon who was filling in for him told me to go to a Plastic Surgeon that they didn't do Ganglion Cysts. I wasn't going to argue with him so I left. A few months later my Dermatologist told me to make another appointment and to insist on seeing Dr. Myerson who I finally did after another 3 month wait for an appointment. He was great. Walked me thru what he was going to do and why all those past surgeries failed . He took plenty of time and answered all my questions. Surgery was a total success. Still no cyst after 7 years. He is the best of the best foot Surgeon. I highly recomend Dr. Mark Myerson.

October 25th, 2016
Hope no one ever uses him
This doctor never get hold of anymore patients I'm saying this because he does care about anyone who isn't a success or a rated 10 that he preformed surgery he does need his license revoked for anyone thinking of this doctor as a surgeon think long and hard this isn't to scare anyone but just know if it isn't a success he isn't going to try to fix his failure he is just going to push you to the side as if your life don't matter...... I say run , run fast and find another surgeon he didn't leave Mercy just because he wanted to he left for a reason , he kept messing people up after all he is to in love with himself to leave unless he had to run , run fast Do Not Use Him it will be the worst Mistake you ever make!!!!!

October 13th, 2016
Good Riddance
I am glad he is gone. He had no respect for his patients and did not care about following up on any problems. He resigned and left patients hanging about treatment options. This was completely unethical and unprofessional. He should have his medical license revoked.

September 26th, 2016
Totally fixed my problem 20 years ago. Have had absolutely no reaccurrance

September 24th, 2016
Long time injury healed
I sustained a very bad injury to my navicular bone in my foot. After years of doctors saying I was cleared to play football and train and so on, I went to an orthopedic specialist who recommended Dr. Myerson. Rather then using the traditional fusion technique he told me he could do a pioneering surgery that only had a 50% chance of working. Fat forward 3.5 years I am now playing college football thanks to this man. Great doctor who handled my situation with precision expertise and care. Highly recommend.

September 21st, 2016
bad experience
I underwent tarsal/metatarsal fusion owing to the fact that I sustained a fracture when a table dropped on my foot. Dr. Myerson advised that I incurred arthritis & fusion would correct this. After surgery, I became aware that he had placed a type of plastic in my foot as part of this procedure. I was not aware this would be done. My foot became swollen & red. I went back for follow ups but nothing else was offered. Finally, after 9 months he removed the plastic only because I was informed by a PT that I had pitting edema and I point blank asked him about it. He injected me with cortisone and then did surgery to remove the plastic. I left and went to another surgeon. If he's so great why did he do this?

September 14th, 2016
Very confident and explained matters well. Spent considerable time on the phone with me before we scheduled surgery. I had been to several ankle drs, and they all wanted to fuse the ankle. Great successful complicated surgery for ankle which had little cartilage in one joint and none in the other, and listed badly to the outside. Spent 4 nights in hotel before follow up appt. next wk. PA was available and very helpful before follow up visit. Very satisfied!