Dr. Mark Nolden Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Nolden?

July 19th, 2017

Best at explaining the need for surgery

I've been in pain for 6 years. I've seen 4 other Drs, he was the most patient and treated me like a human, can you believe it. We scheduled a L5 S1 Fusion 3 weeks out. I'm seeing him again a week later because I have many questions to ask after reviewing what the surgery entails online. Thus far, very pleased.

August 4th, 2016

Greatest surgeon on the back

Dr. Nolden explained the need for surgery, taking his time to be certain I understood everything. His follow-up was generous - 2 years, which included a visit every few months during that time. He always wa calm and took time for me to be certain I understood.

June 28th, 2016

Dr. Nolden operated 4 times on my back and cervix and he's a great doctor.

November 3rd, 2015

Just Collecting a Check

I was told "there is nothing wrong with your back. Whatever you have going on can't be your back." Months later after numerous testing, another Dr decided to order a epidural spinal injection. Sure enough, after injections in each of the the last two disc spaces, I had relief. Proof that my herniated discs were causing refered nerve pain and weakness.

February 4th, 2015

Would Have Given Zero Stars If The Option Were Available

This doctor is terrible! My wife is in so much pain and cannot even get up to go to the bathroom. She is losing feeling in her leg due to the disc pressing on the nerve. She had an appt with him and was scheduled 2 weeks out for surgery. She asked him what to do about the pain and he prescribed Oxy. She asked about going to the ER for pain management and he said that would not help her because they wouldn't give her anything stronger than the Oxy that he prescribed (wrong). She had questions about the surgery and before she could even ask one question, he told her that those questions were for his nurse and he hung up the phone. Yes, this appt was over the phone. That night she went to the ER due to the pain. Someone from his team came to check up on her the next day and said after talking Nolden, the plan was pain managment, release her in 2 days and wait for the surgery because he doesn't have anything else available in his schedule. All night she was in pain even on Morphine and Volume. The next morning, this person from the team came back and said that Nolden moved her appt up one week and she can wait in a nursing home until the surgery. She is 35 years old and has not been able to work and has to drop out of her classes this semester due the severe pain she has been in for about one month now. The nurses and PA at the hospital said this was terrible and began looking for a doctor at the hospital that can do the surgery faster. His office called and told her that if she doesn't confirm the appt with him by 10 am tomorrow, her surgery will be cancelled, meanwhile we don't know if another doctor can do something faster. We have spoken to someone on another doctor's team that is possibly able to do the surgery tomorrow. I can't say enough terrible things about Nolden.

September 9th, 2013

Worse office staff ever

For my first appointment I waited nearly 2.5 hours! The office staff could have cared less and the doctor's response was " that's what happens when you book an appointment late in the day." So today when I woke up and could not even move due to excruciating pain, the office staff has yet to phone about an "emergency" appointment even though I called at 7:30am. Clearly this staff and MD think they are the only ones who's time is of any value. I will not only not recommend this MD but I will tell my MD friends and family not to ever recommend this doc.

September 21st, 2012

Worse doctor ever!!! Dont go

I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor in my life. I waited for an hour and 45 minutes before I even saw him and the conversation was 5 minutes. His PA came in and she had no personality and clearly could have cared less about me or my pain. Apparently the entire office thought my wait was acceptable because I never heard anyone apologize for the amount of time it took to be seen and because of the short time the doc spent talking to me I still don't know what's wrong with my back and he didn't hang around for questions!!! I will never go back here!!!!

August 13th, 2012

Dr. Nolden

Dr. spent less than 10 minutes with me and kept me waiting for almost 2 hours.

April 27th, 2012

Very personable doctor, very caring

March 21st, 2012

horrible

HORRIBLE! Worst doctor experience of my life. Waited for 45 minutes. Do not be fooled this is NOT a Northwestern doctor! It is the Northshore group doctor who has access to Northwestern facilities for surgery.

September 23rd, 2009

I am due to have surgery on my C6/7 vertebrae in a day. I am nervous about the procedure, but I am not nervous about Dr. Nolden performing the surgery. He appears extremely professional and knowledgeable about what he practices. Because he is an excellent Dr., I have to understand the waits in the waiting room. If he rushed through patient to patient, then I would worry a little. One thing they can do is inform the patient the length of the wait when signing in.I will sign in after the surgery to tell you more.

June 24th, 2009

DR. NOLDEN DID A GREAT JOB ON MY SPINAL FUSION SURGERY. PAIN RETURNED ABOUT A YEAR LATER DUE TO SPINAL STENOSIS AND NOW I AM TREATED LIKE A MAILINGERING PEST. DR. NOLDEN IS A GREAT SERGEON WITH A GREAT STAFF. HOWEVER, I FEEL HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH COMPASSION AND TRUST FOR HIS PATIENTS.