Dr. Mark Foster MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Laguna Hills, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 11th, 2017
great dr and really cares
what a great dr. he really cares and spends time with his patients I love him!!

January 6th, 2016
Cares about staff and self more than patients
I went to Dr. Foster for years. He does have a 'jokey' style bedside manner, but I didn't mind that. After several years of seeing him though, I noticed a change - his jokey behavior stopped being professional and became more college student. For example, I had started exercising, and my knee was hurting. I asked what I should do about the knee (should I get a brace? see orthopedic person?) and he advised "stop doing what hurts". Umm...ok, so don't exercise? What ruined it for me though, was when I had to get some labs done, and although all my labs have gone to a specific lab, Dr. Foster's office sent it to a totally unrelated lab, which was not in my network, which mean I had to pay out of pocket. I wrote several emails back and forth with the billing office, expressing my increasing frustration that I was having to pay for what should have been a free lab. Finally I received a letter from Dr. Foster saying he would no longer be accepting me as a patient. Very disappointing. His staff made a mistake, but he refused to take any responsibility for it, and got rid of the problem (me). Not what you want in a doctor. (nor do you want an office that sends labs to the wrong facility!)

December 6th, 2015
Told him I was having anxiety and depression and he told me to hug a tree

November 30th, 2015
Excellent doctor and his diagnosis was very accurate.

November 19th, 2015
Love him!
Dr. Foster has been my doctor for over ten years. My daughter is his patient too. He's caring and attentive and takes his time with his patients. I never feel rushed from Dr. Foster or his staff and everyone is very friendly. Dr. Foster is the absolute best doctor I have ever seen!

February 6th, 2015
He is a very caring doctor that spends as much time as I need.

December 19th, 2013
Cares more about pleasing staff then patients
Dr. Foster has advised me that right or wrong if you argue with my female staff I will always sides with them and not my patients no matter what. Wow

April 18th, 2013
Foster lacks interest in menopausal women.
His check-ups take about 3 minutes tops, and he comes across as somewhat arrogant. He doesn't seem to have an interest in women going through menopause, and/or, knows much about it, If your weight has been crazily fluctuating because of menopause symptoms he gives you sarcasm about it and acts like you're eating bon bons all day, when you're not. Where he should be helpful, he lacks in it. I'm seeking another doctor (a woman this time) who's more knowledgeable with menopausal women.

June 18th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I work in the health care industry and I really like the care and attention Dr. Foster has given me. I have had a few injuries and he has followed up with me to see how I was doing and I thought it was extremely thoughtful. He is an easy going going guy and I really trust in his care. I recommend him to everyone I know that is looking for a new doctor.

March 3rd, 2012
I saw Dr. Foster when I first moved to OC, but decided he was not the right fit for me. Based on my experience, I see why he gets mixed reviews - from horrible to outstanding. When he saw me, he spent more time joking around than trying to help me with my medical condition. Also, it was strange because he was very nice and did a thorough exam of me but then acted is if he had too many patients and that he didn't need a new one. It's like he was being polite and rude at the same time. Then he gives me an order for blood work, but the order was written down on an invalid form, based on what the lab said. I ended up going to a different doctor to get a new order. Bottom line is that Dr. Foster seemed like too much of a hassle to be Primary Care Doc

February 8th, 2012
Please Look For Another Doctor
I'm sorry but doctor has for to be one of the worst. He's not attentive, does not listen to you nor does his staff, rushes through appointments and talks over you non-stop. I have problems with my hands, he gave me a brace without even attempting to find out what was going on. His referreral desk told me once they submit a referral that it's really up to me to check up on the status and get the DR. info. The staff acts like it is above and beyond them to actually work for and with you. Dr Foster was rude during a phone conversation and repeatedly cut me off and talked to me like I was an idiot. When I told him I would be look for a new PCM, he slammed the phone down in my face. Take the time to look for a DR who will listen to and.respect you and whose staffe will make you feel comfortable visiting.

December 15th, 2011
Wonderful! A doctor who connects and makes you trust him.