THE Best GP Around for Miles***** show details THE Best GP Around for Miles*****
by LA Clark Szabo on May 12th, 2016

For the past 3 years, I have been in the AMITA Healthcare System at Alexian Bros and St Alexius. In that time, I have seen 4 GPs who referred me to 5 Specialists. There were errors made on blood work assessment, email communication, no follow up, and misdiagnosis which caused a major drug interaction and several weeks withdrawing from that drug. I am particular. Every category in which I rated with STARS for Dr Nelson is TRUE. He knows what is current in research, he makes sound medical diagnoses. He is the quarterback for my Nephrologist and Psychiatrist so my care in the Cadence Healthcare System will be coordinated by him. The Specialists keep him informed of medicine changes, reports from lab work, x-rays, they have DR to DR conference calls to discuss appropriate treatment plans and advise me clearly! I have been through a disastrous series of visits and questionable effects with 4 other General Practitioners. I believe he delivers the highest quality care, most thorough exam, and makes sure every health issue is addressed with him in the Examination Room. I presented him with quite a set of expectations and asked for the medical care to be researched, if necessary. He has been a TRUSTED DR...so very difficult to find in the shrinking Family Practice pool of "available to accept new patients". I highly recommend this Doctor and his affiliation with the larger Du Page Medical Group. I am a 61-year old woman with failing immune systems and stage-4 kidney disease. No, CAPTCHA-- I am not a robot, nor is the guy with the great personality and bulk of knowledge behind the white coat!

rating show details rating
Sep 7th, 2015

The Doc is nice, but doesn't provide helpful medical information. If you want to hear you are fine-this is the Doc for you.

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
Oct 12th, 2009

Very easy to talk to about my problems. Always been there when I needed him.