Dr. Mark Payson MD Patient Reviews

• 3 reviews

July 16th, 2015
Dr. Payson best docotr ever
There are not enough words to describe how absolutely amazing Dr. Payson is. My husband and I first became patients of Dr. Payson's and Dominion Fertility about a year and a half ago. We came to him after trying to conceive for about 2 years on our own with no success. Our initial impression of Dr. Payson was that he was an extremely intelligent, kind, compassionate doctor whose expertise in the field of fertility was clearly evident. He listened to our concerns and reviewed the test results we already had at the time. Our whole conversation with him we felt like he was talking to us not at us, as it can feel sometimes with doctors. He ordered all the necessary test we needed to get to have a complete understanding of what our specific fertility challenges were. Once all was said and done when we sat back down with him, he explained that he thought IVF was going to be our best, most direct route to achieve our goal of becoming pregnant. He explained that it was possible for us to conceive on our own, but most likely assistance would be needed. For numerous reasons including some bad chronic back issues of mine, we waited another nine months before deciding to move forward with treatment. That first time back in his office he greeted us warmly. Our discussion picked up right where we left it. This is when we decided to move forward. One thing that we liked so much about the consultation process with him was that it never felt like he was pushing us into making a specific decision. He gave us his professional opinion, which is what we were there for, but he let us get to our decision on our own. We specifically did Stimulated IVF with a frozen embryo transfer. This is a lengthy process with a lot of steps involved. While my anxiety about the success of each step was through the roof, the whole Dominion staff was there for me the whole time. The "hand holding" they provided me was probably one of the reasons I made it through this whole process as well as I did. I bet every time Dr. Payson saw me I had the most anxious look on my face. He always calmed my nerves and made me feel so much better. And while he was great at calming my nerves, he never made me feel silly or stupid for one minute. He even used his wonderful sense of humor when appropriate, which made both my husband and I laugh and put us at ease. I specifically was seen for most appointments at the Fair Oaks office. The whole entire staff there from Cindy at reception, to Mary in the finance department, Christina and Lisa who I am convinced are the best nurses ever, to the one and only Dr. Payson made an extremely emotional process as simple as I think it could possibly be. I actually looked forward to every single appointment I had at Fair Oaks. I did also have to go to the Arlington office a few times for monitoring and for my retrieval and transfer. Those experiences were fine as well. Due to all the monitoring appointments I was seen at some point by Dr. Gordon and Dr. DiMattina. They were also just as kind and I felt good after each appointment where I was seen by them. We got pregnant on our first try at IVF. I am now about 8 weeks pregnant and ready to "graduate" back to by regular OB. If I could stay with Dr. Payson the whole time, I would do it in a heartbeat. It is going to be extremely hard to move on from Dr. Payson and the Fair Oaks office. I can't say enough good things about my whole experience with Dr. Payson and Dominion. I have even encouraged friends that are also dealing with fertility issues and other fertility clinics to seek another opinion with Dr. Payson if they are unhappy with the care they are receiving. If and when it is time for my husband and I to have another child and we find ourselves in the same position of not being able to conceive on our own, we will be right back in Dr. Payson's office. Dr. Payson is a wonderful doctor who has made our dreams come true. In fact, he is the best doctor hands down, I have every dealt with. His genuine care for his patients and their needs is crystal clear, and his passion for the whole process you can see every time he does an ultra sound. The best decision my husband and I have ever made was walking into this office. I know 100% we could not be in better hands.

December 18th, 2013
Thanks for professionalism
Dr. Payson listens and professionally evaluates the situation. He handles the case before him as his priority, and the patient's success is his success. It is good to see that he really cares about the patient, the case. He is friendly, but right to the point in a way that does not takes your hopes away. We made it! Good luck!

October 3rd, 2011
Doctor Payson is an excellent doctor. He is extremely professional and very knowledgeable. Over the course of a couple of years, he demonstrated care and understanding of our emotional and physical stress during the fertility treatments. He took plenty of time to explain the texts administered and the procedures performed and informed us on the best choices available. He was always positive and encouraging in our journey to having a baby. We felt confident that we were receiving the best possible care and trusted Doctor Payson completely. We highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great Reproductive Endocrinology physician.