Dr. Mark Perlmutter MD, MS Patient Reviews

• Surgery of the Hand Rocky Mount, NC

• Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor and Person!
I cannot say enough about this doctor. He's easy to talk too, never rushing you through your appointment. I definitely had this problem with the first doctor I saw. He performed a TFCC repair and it turned out better than I thought was possible. Since then I've had a bad sprain and nerve issues in the same wrist (both a result of playing too hard) and he's helped through those as well. What other doctor tells you to call after hours if you need anything?? He goes above and beyond for every patient. I was blown away by his genuine care for my case. I met several patients of Dr. Perlmutter while in therapy after my surgery. Everyone loved him for the same reasons I do! Such a blessing to have found him. I trust him completely with my care.

November 3rd, 2016
releif
one shot and my hand felt better in a couple days

October 15th, 2016
mr
A great doctor

December 28th, 2015
Dr. Mark was a true blessing for my family! He was so good with my young son who was terrified after sustaining a major wrist fracture. He got on his level to talk with him & answer all his questions to ease his concerns/fears. THANK YOU to Dr. Mark!

March 24th, 2015
Excellent surgeon.

February 28th, 2015
Excellent experience!!
Top notch Surgeon, and an equally good person. Took extra time to make sure my daughter was well taken care of, and followed up with the family way over expectations. I cannot recommend Dr Perlmutter high enough. He is a Godsend!!

February 20th, 2015
Skilled surgeon saves man's hand.
Mark knew right off what was wrong with my hand. He tried noninvasive things, for a few months, but when my condition did not improve, recommended surgery. What could have been a routine procedure turned out to need exceptional creativity, and much more time in the OR. I am sure his skill saved the use of my hand. Mark is just about the nicest guy you could hope to meet, and showed a sincere concern for me. Often his schedule can cause a wait, but for me, it was worth it. I would consider Dr. Pearlmutter a friend.

February 19th, 2015
Great Doc

September 12th, 2012
Fantastic
I had another doctor who did a terrible surgery on my hand. Dr. Perlmutter Took a lot of time with me, explained all my options, and made me feel very comfortable going into surgery again. I had an excellent outcome and would definitely go back!

August 28th, 2012
Excellent!
Was treated by Dr. Perlmutter for multiple injuries including hand and elbow. Each time I recovered 100%

February 3rd, 2012
My Experience with the Doctor
When I first met Dr. Perlmutter I was skeptical but that faded fast. Mark is a very caring doctor who does what a good doctor should do...use common sense. Not many doctors these days cares for they're patients as friends or even humans for that matter, but Mark, he knows we are human, we are hurting, and we have feelings and brains. He never once disrespected me, talked down to me, or treated me subordinately as many doctors like to do. Thank you Mark for all you did for me, my life is better than it was before I met you.

January 8th, 2012
hands
Wasted 6 months for hand and ARM pain, he gave up and started me on pain management, with almost no real tests. Then two visits and a X-ray at leigh valley and found problem in my neck. Thanks for nothing Mark!
Doctor's Response

This patient had both a hand and neck problems, as many patients do. It is routine to address the acute hand pathology before attention is directed to chronic neck disease. This patient was told that I would only manage their hand problem and that should their symptoms persist, then a neck evaluation would be required.