Mark Pinsky Is this you?

Have you seen Mark Pinsky?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Mark Pinsky?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 27th, 2014

Find another doc

Pinsky is easy to talk to, but I don't like the way he runs his practice. I'd been a patient of his for years and liked his casual manner, but the last time I saw him was for an annual physical. I had no health problems, but during the course of the physical, he asked me about a condition I'd had years earlier for which I'd taken medicine for approximately a year, and I confirmed to him that I no longer suffered from the problem. Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks later when I (and my insurance company, of course) received a bill from his office for a second office visit that they claimed occurred the same day as my physical (I paid my co-pay for the physical at the time of that appointment). When I called his office to ask about it, they told me that because I had consulted Dr. Pinsky about my earlier health problem, it qualified as a separate visit. Mind you, he was the one who initiated the discussion of the problem and it was no longer a problem. Since Pinsky and I were the only two in the examining room, he's obviously the person who told his office staff to submit the charge. I refused to pay and they eventually removed the charge from my account, but my insurance company paid their portion. That, and the fact that the last couple of times I saw him, he seemed to be more interested in trying to get me to visit and join his spa/health club next door to his office, were enough to end our relationship. Oh yeah, one other thing - I spent so much time sitting in his reception area fuming, that I finally went off on his staff one time, advising them that my time was just as important as his, blah, blah, blah, and their promptness improved dramatically. But my recommendation is - find yourself another doctor.

December 4th, 2013

Have doctored with this doctor for about 13 years use to be excellent but everything has changed takes 2 or 3 weeks to get an appointment for a physical or a week to see for a medical issue. Wait time is almost always a minimum of 1 hour. Doctor has missed major health problems twice after a complete physical will be changing doctors.

November 28th, 2013

Retired EAP Manager

While I have a high opinion of Mark's "bedside manner," and attitude, I've been disgusted with the break-downs in staff communication and the inability of front office staff to acknowledge an error in billing. WARNING: This Doctor’s office expects you to pay as a New Patient, prior to having your initial Medicare "Welcome Visit." The staff won’t tell you this ahead of time; just did. Despite clear statements to staff that I came for my initial Mediare "Welcome visit," I was billed as a "New Patient," When I received the unexpected bill, I was told the Dr. "..always sees those patients as a '..new patient,' first, before scheduling the 'Welcome visit." Oddly, no "welome visit" was scheduled for me, following that initial visit I only learned I hadn't actually received the benefits of the "Welcome visit," until AFTER I received my bill! Additionally, my PSA test was overlooked. I wasn't upset at having to return to the office for another. I WAS upset that, despite my insisting to staff, prior to and at the time of my visit, that I should not be billed for this second trip, due to their error - I was, anyway! Honest errors occur anywhere. However, resistance to correcting errors caused by staff members is no fun. When the Doctor fails to return a call or refuses to discuss the matter, the patient is left wondering what his (Doctor's) been told by staff, creating a terrible feeling of uncertainty and anxiety for the patient as well as tension between the office staff. Essentially, no one is held accountable and the issue remains in the air like a pair of day old socks! It's a shame, as Dr. Pinsky seems like just the type of practitioner I'd want on a long term basis. But no one wants to feel their stomach tighten when they walk in to the office of the person responsible for helping them remain healthy. Physician? 4.5; Office staff: 1.0; Patient: No more, I'm afraid.

March 20th, 2013

NOT GOOD! Fails to provide accountable care, fails to follow up, fails to commuicate with families, will not follow up in the hospital and will transfer care to another MAB doctor who is inept. Previous post was correct will drop care or separate himself from the problem. IS THIS YOUR DOCTOR?

March 2nd, 2013

Go things comes to those who wait. I have been a patient of Dr. Pinsky for approx. 9 yrs. I have gotten healthier since I have been in his care. He is not the type of doctor that runs through patients like they are cattle. He give everyone the time and medical attention needed to help them heal. Thanks Dr. "P". His staffs are also wonderful! Seeing his PA is like seeing him.

July 9th, 2012

Finally a Doctor that takes the time to listen!

Finally a Doctor that takes the time to listen! Yes, the wait was a little long but I have yet to find a medical office of any kind that I didn't have to wait longer than I would have liked. He asked me numerous questions and seemed to really consider my answers. He even listened to my webmd based diagnois and then kindly and without condescension showed me how it was wrong and then proceeded to properly diagnose and treat my problem. Love this Doc!

May 10th, 2012

I LOVE THIS OFFICE!

April 26th, 2012

Having worked in the medical field for nearly 20 years, and having the opportunity to see many, many physicians in action, Dr Pinsky is a top-notch physician. He is a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) which explains his caring nature and his compassion. I would recommend him to anyone looking for either a family practice or sports medicine physician.

March 27th, 2012

Excellent Doctor

The only concern is the wait to see him. His wait time needs to decrease, however he does spend a great deal of time with you as needed.

March 22nd, 2012

Doesn't have an M.D. degree

Mark F. Pinsky does not have an M.D. degree. He misdiagnosed me and caused my condition to worsen. When I pointed this out to him, instead of acknowledging it, he sent me a termination letter stating that there was an "inability to keep cooperative doctor/patient relationship" [sic]. That letter incorrectly presumed he was my primary care provider, and it appears to be a standard form letter he sends when he wants to bail out. If you want a Doctor with an MD degree, Mark F. Pinsky simply doesn't qualify.

January 12th, 2012

Great Doc

Dr Pinsky is the greatest doctor I have ever had very professional and friendly

August 22nd, 2011

Dr. Mark Pinsky, D.O.

Dr. Pinsky has been my physician for the past 15 years. I am currently 57 years of age and, needless to say, I have had numerous doctors over my lifetime. He is, by far, the most concerned, caring, and capable doctor. When I came to his office complaining of indigestion, for example, as a precaution, he did an EKG. He discovered that I was having a heart attack and, in effect, saved my life by taking that extra care. You may have to wait a bit longer in his office, but you will never feel rushed or that he is too busy to listen to you. I have also sent many friends to him and they have had the same experience as I have had with him.