Dr. Mark Pyfer MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Jenkintown, PA

• Good
  • Bad

July 29th, 2012
Good surgeon for catarcts, disappointing outcome after one year.
Doctor's Response

Capsule clouding after cataract surgery is very common and easily treated with a short office laser procedure. Patients who initially have good vision after cataract surgery, then notice a decline months to years later, often need this procedure to restore good vision. It is important to come in for an office visit within 6-12 months after cataract surgery to be evaluated for this and other treatable conditions to preserve good vision for life.

July 14th, 2012
the staff was very rude and Dr. Pyfer saw me for less than 5 miinutes
Doctor's Response

Routine eye exams in healthy patients take about 45 minutes in the office, including time for the pupils to dilate with eyedrops. Comprehensive measurements and preliminary testing are performed by medical assistants on all patients. The final review and examination by the doctor if no problems are found often takes only 5 minutes at the end of the comprehensive eye evaluation. Computerization of our record system now allows more efficient and secure access to your medication history, with a confidential report sent back to your primary care doctor by fax or email. I am very concerned about anything other than the most courteous treatment by staff, and rudeness is not tolerated at Northern Ophthalmic. This situation was brought to the attention of our office manager and handled appropriately. We sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to our usual high standards.

December 20th, 2011
Best Doctor Ever
When I first came to Dr. Pyfer, my eyes were so damaged, my vision was horrendous due to scarring. It took about 6 months for my eyes to heal, but with a less capable doctor, I would have lost my vision entirely. Once my eyes healed, I decided to go ahead with Lasik. Dr. Pyfer is a miracle worker. Friends of mine had to go back 2 or 3 times for additional Lasik treatments, but 15 minutes after my first treatment, I had better than 20/20 vision. I went from not being able to see the Big E on the chart, to reading the last line with ease. Dr. Pyfer is amazing and a truly caring doctor.

March 16th, 2009
Highly recommended
Dr. Pyfer is the best ophthalmologist I have ever met. He is very caring and an extremely gifted surgeon. I would highly recommend him.

February 5th, 2016