Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Didn't seem to care  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

The 1st time I saw him he had me strip down to my underwear, put on a gown & go through all kinds of humiliating contortions as physical tests. Ordered MRIs only after I insisted due to my history of injuries & severity of pain/numbness/weakness. He reported back to me that the MRIs showed NOTHING wrong-that I was perfectly healthy in the spine. I just happened to receive a copy of my report which was several pages long indicating numerous problems. He'd given me someone else's results! When confronted with this, he blamed the dr. who read the MRI. He and his assistant claimed on numerous occasions to not have gotten phone calls or faxes. Re-read of MRI to happen in November. It took 3 phone calls & an office visit to get HALF the MRI re-read in January. I have many old back injuries, ruptured discs, old fractures, significant DDD, nerve compression, etc. The MRIs and both MRI reports showed exactly what was going on with me and my pain. This doctor REFUSED to acknowledge the MRI findings or my history except to insist my PTSD was the sole cause of my pain, insisting it was nerve sensitity. He insisted for quite some time that I have MS when in fact there was ZERO evidence of MS. He later suggested it was Lupus, RA, Cancer and even liver disease when again, there was zero evidence of such. In fact, I'd gotten blood tests that proved none of this existed (he has all these test results), as well as the MRIs showing no evidence of any of it. He put me on medications that had horrendous side effects and did nothing for the back pain since the meds were for other ailments. When I told him I could not tolerate the drugs & they were not working he behaved as though he didn't believe me. I made appts to see him several times in order to discuss my frustration and concern that he was ignoring the evidence that explained my symptoms. Every time I saw him it was rushed, he talked 90mph-couldn't get a word in & when I did he'd answer in circles, sidestepping what I'd just said. I finally requested he refer me to another specialist (thinking I had to have that in order to have insurance coverage) & he said he couldn't help me. He didn't know anyone, "but if you find a doctor who can get answers for you please let me know...there are a lot of patients like you with chronic pain but no source that I'd like to help" (paraphrasing-but that's the gist of it). The physical therapist was concerned after so much PT & only more pain. She was sure I'd ruptured another disc (she was right) & sent me to see Queralt again in order to start epidural injections. When I saw him he 1st claimed to have not heard from the PT about this then he did recall but side-stepped what I was there for & would not discuss it, let alone set up the injections for me. That was the last straw. 2 years & MUCH disc degeneration & debilitating pain later I finally found another spine specialist AND pain management doctor who both concur my problems are spine related: DDD, Scherman's Disease, Ruptured discs, etc. Dr. Queralt's excuse was that I had so many different types of pain all at once & mostly on the right side that it didnt make sense. These other docs said THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE because the nerve compression/ruptures and so forth are all on the right side and so much going on with my spine (head to tail) that of course I had many types of pain all at once. I am finally getting SOME relief and now know that the longer this inflammation was let go the more damage was done. Anyone who thinks this guy is great must be confusing him for someone else.

Jun 15th, 2011

-Excellent doctor!-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

by Tyler M. on Mar 13th, 2011

Great Guy, wonderful bedside manner, and a joy to be around. Would recommend Doc Queralt to anyone with no question. In my "adventures through spine rehabilitation" he was one of the few doctors who actually made a difference, and is truly concerned about the wellfare and care of his patients. Bravo Doc Q!

Oct 1st, 2010

Dr Queralt is awesome. He's been great at working on getting me more mobile and managing my back issues - gets tests done and gets back to you with results and keep moving forward with treatment which I love. I've also had epidural steriod shots done by him and was really anxious about this but now - I wouldn't hesitate to say get it done by him if you can! Probably the only complaint I have is his PA is very surly and I really don't like having to deal with her. If she even greeting you with a friendly smile at least that would be something - but it's worth ignoring her to have such an awesome doctor.