Dr. Mark Quigg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 5th, 2016
Dr Quigg is a great Dr I highly recommend him to anyone. He will help explain things to you better if you don't understand all you have to do is ask and he is a good listener as well.

October 27th, 2012
(Surgery patient review)
I have a unique, case of Epilepsy local medical centers couldn't control, therefore I was Referred to Dr. Quigg. Dr. Quigg was very interpersonal, He adopted me and my family with his heart of gold, assuring that control of my epilepsy would be obtained; which was delivered!Dr. Quigg should be accredited by several excellent attributes: his unbelievable patient care, etc. I feel I owe my Life to Him, If it wasn't for him, I would likely have not survived my disability. Other persons have their own opinions, I am quite satisfied by the faculty and staff at University of Virginia Charlottesville.

August 18th, 2012
Dr. Mark Quigg
The wait is a little long because it is not in Charlottesville, But Bristol (He travels 228 miles regularly). I feel as if I owe my life to Dr. Quigg because he faced a complex neurological disability with a positive attitude, morale and demeanor.

August 8th, 2012
NO communication!!
Getting a message thru to this doctor psst the staff taking the message is like Mission Impossible. Losing paperwork, lost messages, 'forgetting? No excuse for office mess. Does oaoer work while I am in his office. PAY ATTENTION TO ME!! SHort visit--10 min or less. NOT impressed.

March 14th, 2011
A Last Ditch Resort
Dr. Quigg might be a great neurologist, but you'd never know it. Sure, he's intelligent and highly skilled. But, his practice is a mess. During my visit it was obvious that they didn't have any paperwork and he was tying to "wing it."In addition he paid very little attention to what I said, only to ask a few yes, no, type of questions, prescribe a medication and get to the next patient as quick as possible. The entire visit was only a few minutes.And forget about service after the sale. After several calls to his office about side effects from the medication I've yet to get a return call from anyone. It took two weeks for the nurse coordinator to call back about scheduling the MRI and EEG that he wanted.While I was thoroughly impressed with everyone else I came in contact with at UVA, his office appears to be a sloppy mess.I'm sure he's a highly qualified neurologist. The patient care just doesn't reflect that. This is the kind of place that you go to to solve a problem that no one else can solve and be thankful that you never have deal with them again.

March 9th, 2011
After undergoing an uncomfortable night of sleep studies which Dr.Quigg had ordered,my records were lost and communication with him was most difficult.There was much confusion between his office and the Sleep Lab.After a couple of months, I finally was given my diagnosis and referred back to Sleep Lab for obtaining equipment I needed.This took at least 6 phone calls because the staff seemed not to know what to tell me.I felt I was lost somewhere in the shuffle.

October 29th, 2010
Best Neurology In the WORLD ! ! !
I was diagnosed with Epilepsy when Eighteen years of age, I was referred to U.V.A. due to the severity of my seizures and Dr. Quigg assured me on the first visit that my seizures would be under control, and probably eliminated. . . I was later tested at UVA , underwent surgery and have been 100% seizure free ever since.