A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark McMahon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark McMahon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark McMahon, FAAOS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Disorders
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. McMahon graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 1 awards.
Dr. McMahon has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Reston Town Center Pediatrics
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McMahon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mark R. McMahon practice?
Dr. Mark McMahon practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Herndon, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Fairfax, VA and Burke, VA.
See Herndon Surgeons.