Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Typical Newport Beach Snob show details Typical Newport Beach Snob
by Andrew Yelich on Jun 19th, 2015

Left my wife with a fistula after her first surgery. Was like oh well lets just do it again so a second surgery was performed that included a 30 day stay at Hoag to recover and it still wasn't right. Had to have a local Palm Springs Doctor do it a third time and everything was fine. This guy is rude, insensitive, knows everything and everyone but cant backup his talk. His staff and staff partners are the same maybe even worse. Runaway from this quack as fast as u can. I guess now seeing that he is a pedophile it explains his personality and that he had other things on his mind beside making himself and Hoag a ton of money from his careless mistakes

Go to someone else show details Go to someone else
by Mel on May 23rd, 2015

Dr. Rettenmaier performed a 3rd "exploratory" surgery on my mother back-to-back from her previous surgery the month before. He cut her top to bottom in this exploratory operation that took her years to bounce back from and that many of the other doctors whose care she was under deemed unnecessary. Go to someone else who has better bedside manner and really cares about his patients.

THIS MAN IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED show details THIS MAN IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED
by Tina Hanger on May 14th, 2015

Over two years ago my mother was seen by Dr. Rettenmaier and he performed her hysterectomy where he severed her main artery which resulted in her death less than two weeks later. Careless simply careless and he had no real concern or care for my 67 year old mother who passed way before her time.

by EILEEN G. on May 8th, 2015

FIRST CLASS DR. IN HIS FIELD. SAVED MY WIFE'S LIFE. WE OWE HIM EVERYTHING.

Unbelievable charges show details Unbelievable charges
by Phyllis W on Dec 31st, 2014

Dr. Rettinmaier saved my life, he is innocent until proven guilty.

Careless show details Careless
Sep 6th, 2013

I worked with a lady who was beloved & he performed an abdominal procedure on her & accidentally cut one of her ureters & placed hemoclips on the other one practically sending her into kidney failure if not for the assistance of a great Urologist. She battled problems with her kidneys for years as a result & is believed to have passed a few years later from kidney failure. Go see John Brown.

Dr. Rettenmaier show details Dr. Rettenmaier
Mar 17th, 2013

I was immediately put at ease by him. He was very reassuring about my condition and was thorough and the surgery went great.

Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. R did excellent work in meeting with my wife to identify her ovarian medical problem during out initial visit. He removed a large tumor laproscopicly and spent time with us afterwards to explain the nature of the tumor (benign dermoid cyst). He also gave us several numbers if we needed to contact him immediately afterwards. He was patient, assuring, clear, and honest. We were in very capable hands throughout the process.

Do not Trust Dr. Rettenmaier!! show details Do not Trust Dr. Rettenmaier!!
Nov 5th, 2012

I had a procedure done with my gynecologist that led to the discovery of cancer. I was referred to Dr. Rettenmaier and he assured me he would have my slides sent to his friend at USC to have them reread for accuracy. He called me to confirm the results of the slides. With the encouragement of my family, I chose to get a second opinion from another oncologist at UCI Medical Center. Because they are a university, they have a board that reviews slide tests on site. The new oncologist I visited asked me to track down my slides because Dr. Rettenmaier's office was giving them the run around. I called the hospital at which I had the initial procedure and they told me I could come pick up my slides. When I went there, I was told they had never left that hospital and they had no clue what I was talking about with USC. Dr. Rettenmaier lied to me about having my tests read. After they had been reviewed at UCI, it was evident the information he provided me when he called me back was false!! Do NOT go to this doctor!! He cuts corners and clearly does not care for his patients. He is more concerned with getting procedures booked and making money than he is with the welfare of his patients!

Aug 9th, 2012

He doesnt care if he lies to you, is rude to you, or if you are getting the treatment that is best for you. He likes quantity of patients. Money is definitely his motivator.

Saved my life. show details Saved my life.
Jun 16th, 2011

A skilled surgeon. Great personality and up to date. Performed 3 surgeries for me, all spaced about 3 years apart. Wonderful staff.

No bedside manner show details No bedside manner
Nov 17th, 2010

Unless your case is interesting or unusual, don't bother seeing this doctor. He really doesn't care.

Waited for him over an hour show details Waited for him over an hour
Oct 3rd, 2010

He has an overinflated ego, poor bedside manners and just plainly self centered. My husband complained to the receptioninst that we have waited over an hour and woud like to reschedule the appointmet. He finally showed up called my husband into the exam room where I was sitting undressed and berated him for his "rudeness" for complaining about the wait time. I left without having him examine me. He is lucky I did not complain to the medical board.