Oncology Specialist (cancer), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Gynecologic Oncology Assoc
351 Hospital Rd
Ste 507
Newport Beach, CA 92663
949-642-1361
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Careless  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2013

I worked with a lady who was beloved & he performed an abdominal procedure on her & accidentally cut one of her ureters & placed hemoclips on the other one practically sending her into kidney failure if not for the assistance of a great Urologist. She battled problems with her kidneys for years as a result & is believed to have passed a few years later from kidney failure. Go see John Brown.

|  Dr. Rettenmaier  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2013

I was immediately put at ease by him. He was very reassuring about my condition and was thorough and the surgery went great.

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. R did excellent work in meeting with my wife to identify her ovarian medical problem during out initial visit. He removed a large tumor laproscopicly and spent time with us afterwards to explain the nature of the tumor (benign dermoid cyst). He also gave us several numbers if we needed to contact him immediately afterwards. He was patient, assuring, clear, and honest. We were in very capable hands throughout the process.

|  Do not Trust Dr. Rettenmaier!!  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

I had a procedure done with my gynecologist that led to the discovery of cancer. I was referred to Dr. Rettenmaier and he assured me he would have my slides sent to his friend at USC to have them reread for accuracy. He called me to confirm the results of the slides. With the encouragement of my family, I chose to get a second opinion from another oncologist at UCI Medical Center. Because they are a university, they have a board that reviews slide tests on site. The new oncologist I visited asked me to track down my slides because Dr. Rettenmaier's office was giving them the run around. I called the hospital at which I had the initial procedure and they told me I could come pick up my slides. When I went there, I was told they had never left that hospital and they had no clue what I was talking about with USC. Dr. Rettenmaier lied to me about having my tests read. After they had been reviewed at UCI, it was evident the information he provided me when he called me back was false!! Do NOT go to this doctor!! He cuts corners and clearly does not care for his patients. He is more concerned with getting procedures booked and making money than he is with the welfare of his patients!

|  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

He doesnt care if he lies to you, is rude to you, or if you are getting the treatment that is best for you. He likes quantity of patients. Money is definitely his motivator.

|  Saved my life.  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

A skilled surgeon. Great personality and up to date. Performed 3 surgeries for me, all spaced about 3 years apart. Wonderful staff.

|  No bedside manner  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

Unless your case is interesting or unusual, don't bother seeing this doctor. He really doesn't care.

|  Waited for him over an hour  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2010

He has an overinflated ego, poor bedside manners and just plainly self centered. My husband complained to the receptioninst that we have waited over an hour and woud like to reschedule the appointmet. He finally showed up called my husband into the exam room where I was sitting undressed and berated him for his "rudeness" for complaining about the wait time. I left without having him examine me. He is lucky I did not complain to the medical board.