Dr. Mark Rodosky MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Pittsburgh, PA

December 1st, 2016
Maintenance
i've seen dr. radowski more than once. he did the surgery on my right surgery, he's the best, he's going to be doing my left shoulder soon.

February 21st, 2016
Excellent work done by Dr R. I can do anything now with that shoulder

May 12th, 2013
Excellent doctor! During the visit with him he is right to the point, so have your questions prepared ahead of time. He diagnosed my shoulder issue quickly and with surgery the severe shoulder pain is gone. I thank him.!

April 14th, 2013
very pleased
he identified shoulder problems that other doctors missed. I have full range of motion restored in my right shoulder and am 90% pain free. He gave me clear expectations of the outcome. his PA was excellent and his office staff was very responsive. dr, rodosky is a professional surgeon and he focuses on the task that he is performing. I highly recommend him as a shoulder surgeon. Be prepared beforehand to ask him the right questions.

March 13th, 2013
All the Reviews were Mis-leading
All I read was "He has no Social skills" "He's bad with people" well all that was totally incorrect. He was by far the best doctor I have ever seen. I had an appt on my shoulder to see if I needed surgery. He sat down with me face to face and was completely friendly with me. If you treat him with respect you will get it back. That's for sure. Don't believe all these other reviews.

November 5th, 2012
Excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him.

May 26th, 2012
I'm sure he's a great surgeon, but not impressed with visit and follow-up
It took over a month for me to get follow-up from my visit which included an MRI. When I called to find out results of my MRI, I was pushed off and told I would get a call "next week". Never had a call. When I finally got a call back from one of my voicemails, assistant tried to make it sound like the late follow-up was my fault for not calling. Haven't been able to speak with the Doctor since my initial visit. Not sure if this is the way UPMC sports medicine is run, or just this doc.

May 23rd, 2012
Long wait time in office, no personality
Dr. Rodosky seemingly did a good job with the surgery of a torn labrum, only time will tell.His staff is rude and abrupt, the wait time in office is very long.Then you go to the room and a PA sees you and then you wait longer until Dr. Rodosky comes in for all of about 2 minutes to tell you what you already knew.

November 29th, 2011
An assembly line!
Alot of folks have commented on the office staff. Kathy, the secretary and Connie the PA are both very nice and professional. As mentioned Dr. Rodosky has pretty much no personality. He's all buisness. I guess I didn't go to him to make a friend. I've been to a Dr that was personal and acted like a long, lost friend and the result was he couldn't fix my shoulder in 2 surgeries. My best advice is to learn about the shoulder, that's why they have the internet, that way you'll know what he did, how and why because I promise you, you won't get much of an explanantion in the post-op appt. He was in and out of the room in LESS than 1 minute. Time will tell if my shoulder is fixed. By the way, Southside Mercy performed over 13,000 shoulder surgeries in 2010. That is just unreal!

July 29th, 2011
Top of the line shoulder repair
This physician might not be the most personable doc in the group but if you want safe, professional, excellent surgical care this is the doctor for you. I received a careful, complete physical exam, a well-studied MRI, and shouder repair ( two rotator cuff tears, a biceps tendon tear, an impingement, and a bursal calcification removal). My recovery has been months ahead of others with similar problems. If I want a congenial guy I'll go to Toastmasters; for surgical competence I'll go to Dr Rodosky.

June 17th, 2011
Extremely poor patient interaction
Dr. Rodosky may be a fine surgeon, but he and his office staff are extremely lacking in patient care, which I personally do feel is essential in the overall healing process. After my surgery, no one called me at home. My follow up visit lasted approximately 3 minutes. I have left numerous messages because I am having some problems and questions and no one calls me back. He is dismissive, does not explain things well, does not provide any recommendations for PT. I have found his office staff (PA's) to be invalidating, harsh, and uninterested. With so many good surgeons in Pittsburgh, I wish I would have gone elsewhere, but I was in extreme pain and needed to be operated on quickly. Do not be impressed by the whole UPMC/sports thing--just move along and find a doctor and staff that still CARE about their patients.

March 24th, 2011
Dr. Rodosky is an effective surgeon
Dr. Rodosky is a fine surgeon. He properly diagnosed my rotator cuff tear and thoroughly explained advantages and disadvantages of corrective surgery. However, he is not a talkative kind of guy (but you want him to fix your problem, not be a buddy). His assistant Connie is very knowledgeable, freindly and efficient.Surgery was effectively completed with no complications. Delays at UPMC Sports Medicine are beyond Dr. Rodosky's control. Sometimes medicine takes time than anticipated.