Dr. Mark Romereim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 20th, 2014
Excellent Choice For Children and Adults With ADHD
I first saw Dr. Romereim in Wichita, KS back in 2004. My family physician recommended that I see him to confirm his diagnosis of Adult ADHD. Dr. Romereim was very easy to talk with, and very understanding of my symptoms. In addition to his counsel, he also recommended reading material that was extremely helpful. Dr. Romereim was very open about the fact that he is an adult who also has ADHD, and shared some of the personal strategies he uses to be functional and productive. Perhaps some people might find that a doctor sharing their own life experiences to be a negative, but for me it was extremely helpful and reassuring. Dr. Romereim also treated my son for ADHD and, again, was extremely helpful. My experience has been that even many family practitioners are insensitive to the issues involved with ADHD and tend to propagate negative, unhelpful, and ignorant social stigmas associated with ADHD. I would urge anyone who wants an accurate diagnosis to seek a specialist such as Dr. Romereim.

July 28th, 2011
Very understanding
Dr. Romereim was very polite and understanding of the situation I have been going through. Having ADHD himself he understands the symptoms and did a great job. At my appointment I was not doing well as I had a seizure before going there and so my mind was very foggy. He was willing to work with me while I was trying to explain everything to him even though I had alot of trouble. He was able to thoroughly explain everything and advise me on how to take all medications and their side effects. Along with this he is familiar with the epilepsy center I see and so has followed up with them to make them aware of everything. I will be following up with him in 1 week and look forward to speaking with him again.

July 14th, 2011
Lost records
Saw Dr. Reomereim for 2 years. Have requested records on many occasions, no response.

July 14th, 2011
Records????
I have been unable obtain my medical records from this Dr. I had to start over with someone new. No follow up with medications.

October 11th, 2010
I'm a bit concerned about the fact that this doctor recently filed for bankruptcy. I question how a highly paid medical professional can be so irresponsible with his personal finances and be considered responsible professionally.

August 16th, 2009
Stay away from this Psychiatrist
Dr. wanted to talk about his personal problems, not mine. Not helpful. He could not stay on topic.

June 22nd, 2009
Who is this guy kidding
Waited 2 hrs for this guy. He started the conversation by telling us how he and his family members are on psychotropic medication. He spent time talking about personal issues. He appeared unorganized and unable to stay on topic.

July 23rd, 2008
Discriminating patient
Dr. Romereim is exemplary in his care of children with ADHD, going above and beyond the call to ensure not only that all psycho-pharmacological needs are attended to, but also that other professionals working with these children are well informed and responsively accommodating for their needs. He's an adult ADHDer himself and knows personally about the struggles that children and their families go through. As such, he takes a heartfelt interest in their well-being, rolling up his sleeves and getting involved in the community, the school, the daycare, and anywhere else that is needed, to help establish and maintain an environment in which these children can function at their best. We live in an "exclusive" (in attitude) community with school administrators who turn their collective noses up at children having genuine exceptional needs. Their solution to instructional practices and environmental stimuli that set a child up for sensory overload, academic failure and maladaptive outcomes was to drag the child into a time-out closet and wait him out, as if this were a battle of wills. This practice went on and on (without my knowledge) until I dropped in unexpectedly for lunch with my child one day and found him in tears in this time-out closet -- literally forgotten while the principal was out for a lunch gathering. Dr. Romereim conscientiously prepared for and attended several of my child's IEP staffings, and he repeatedly availed himself to school staff -- at no charge -- to try to help them better understand my child's exceptionality and to articulate how very minor adjustments could make a huge impact in how he functions. His dedication and perseverance were at times the only things that kept us going; he consistently saw and voiced the good in my child when school staff could only harp on his shortfalls. For a pivotal time, he was the buoy that helped us weather a very harsh storm! We were extremely saddened when he left our community mental health center to start his own business, but our loss is a wonderful opportunity for others out there to benefit from this very gifted and kind man who genuinely cares about his patients. Consider yourself blessed to have your treatment needs provided by Dr. Romereim! Years later, we fondly look back to our time with him and still smile with gratitude!