Dr. Mark Ros MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Lombard, IL

• Good
  • Bad

April 9th, 2017
A negative review for opthamologist Dr. Ros in Lombard. He was terrible and condescending. He is very uneducated, calling Sjogren's "a fancy word for dry eyes"! It's a systematic auto immune disease! Eyes, mouth, glands, joints, vagina! It also causes fatigue! Left untreated, it can affect the function of your kidneys, liver, lungs and nerves! It is a AI disease that a opthamologist should very well know about! He asked questions about my symptoms, never let me finish. I tried explaining a particular symptom, but he said no, it's more like "this". I said no, it's not. Asking my family history, I told him about my mother having Sjogren's and he laughed! Asked if we always "compare aches" and why would we! I said she is in the medical field always and we were brought up knowledgeable about health. And family health is incredibly important to know! Thats why you asked! He laughed again and said "oh, so she reads symptoms always need knows how to answer the doctors questions"! Ive been mistreated by doctors before. I almost lost my life TWICE to honest to god bad doctors. Im VERY aware of my health conditions now. You MUST adovocate for your self. You should NOT be condescended to or belittled for that, EVER. His comments and attitude were condescending and appalling! I left so angry, frustrated, and upset!

April 6th, 2012
Lombard Eye Doc
Had a very good experience with Dr.Ros, who proved to be an excellent eye doc and helped me in my long-standing problem. I previously visited several ...

August 15th, 2011
Very thorough, easy going, excellent bedside manner, very caring. No nurses or technicians - entire visit directly with the doctor. Has a talent in explaining medical problems in plain language (rare!). Welcomed all my questions and tried to answer every one to my satisfaction. I plan to bring my parents here.

May 4th, 2011
Extremely thorough, personable and caring physician - avoids medical jargon and has a dry sense of humor. When I had problems understanding the treatment details, he wrote it in clear print on a large piece of paper. HIGHLY recommended!

April 26th, 2011
Best doctor on planet, tons of experience, no nonsense approach to patience.My cataract was very bad. Now I can drive 20/20 Thanks doctor Ros!

April 22nd, 2010
Very personable. Allowed me a lot of time to talk. Very thorough examination. Explained the problem so I understood it - used an eye model and drawing. The medication made me better in 2-3 days. I was glad he warned me about it stinging my eye, so I didn't worry. Altogether - I was very satisfied. He is a great doctor.

February 19th, 2010
Very thorough. Spent 20 minutes face-to-face with me. Explained the diagnosis using an eye model and drawings. Wrote down the schedule for eyedrops. I understood my problem well and left very satisfied. I would recommend this doctor to my friends.

March 19th, 2009
Attentive, very personable, thorough, helped me understand my problem, and solved it!

April 9th, 2017