Dr. Mark Ruoff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 21st, 2016
Great doctor all in all a great guy very helpful an a life saver

May 11th, 2015
This M.D is in no rush to hurry you through your appt. He explains everything to you and gives multiple approaches. I now walk because of him. He is not a cutter,he trys other methods before surgery is even addressed. I have recommended him to several people,and they all were happy with his approach and their outcome

April 26th, 2015
Capt.
Able to leap tall buildings with a single bound. He is the man to see if you have a back issue. The Best. He can do God like things to help your back. This Dr. saved my life. I can't thank him enough. We have a shrine at our house and worship him. Thanks for a lifetime Doc.

March 24th, 2014
I have been a patient of Dr Ruoff for many, many years. I have screwed my back up twice and He surgically put me back together on both occasions. ( yea I know I'll never learn) Both times I couldn't walk into the hospital and the next day I was up and pain free. I would recommend Him to anyone who has back problems. The best part I find of Him is that He shoots straight from the hip, ( NO MEDICAL BOOK NEEDED ) when you leave His office you know exactly what is going on with your back... I would never let another Dr. touch me

February 27th, 2012
I've gone to countless doctors for my back problems since I was 8 years old (I'm 36 now). I've been told all sorts of things: it's all in my head. It's not as bad as I say. It's growing pains. I was prepared for more of the same when I went to Dr Ruoff but as I began to explain my symptoms, he finished the sentences FOR ME! He's the only dr who's EVER taken the time to listen and understand and actually help me discover what was wrong with me. I will never go to another doctor again. I love Dr Ruoff and I love his staff.

December 8th, 2010
horrible doctor
made my neck injury even worse than it was. preformed illegal procedures on me. do not recommend this doctor at ALL.

May 7th, 2010
Actions speak louder than words
As a physician, having trained and worked first in New York City, I got to know a great many Orthopedic surgeons and many of them are superb. All that said, New York is not the center of the universe and if you are seriously looking for a orthopedic surgeon that leaves the majority in the dust, look no further, Dr. Ruoff is everything positive you have heard and read about. I did have surgery, but only after we evaluated the entire picture and saw no choice. From the day I woke up from the decompression surgery (7 years now!) to this very day, I have been virtually pain free. Did I also mention that Dr. Ruoff is not only an excellent surgeon, but he is also a really good person and treats his patients no different than his family.

April 20th, 2010
I have had two surgeries from Dr. Ruoff. The first was a standard Discotemy/laminectomy at L-4 L-5. Late in 08' I fractured a disc in multiple places had to have emergency surgery (3 days after the accident) all of which had good results. Due to my activities and a DDD at L-5, S-1 I am looking at a cage/fusion for L-4, L-5 & S-1. I have been working with a specialist located in NY, Westchester and Wayne NJ. They are much more aggressive and are pushing surgery vs. anything else. After speaking with a neutral party i.e. an orthopedist that does not work on spines yet recommends both the groups I am currently with and regarding Dr. Ruoff he mentioned some interesting facts that may be of importance to anyone considering surgery. The group I went to due to pain and them being "in network" is highly aggressive and has a lot of overhead they must pay for along with offices in high profile areas. They have similar qualifications as Dr. Ruoff yet not quite as good in terms of results. They are quicker in surgery with the good results yet, prefer surgery first rather than less aggressive techniques. Dr. Rouff although less aggressive has better outcomes and the neutral surgeon stated he (DR. Ruoff) could make much more money but chooses not to, as he put his patents first and his practice second. This made an impression to me as my father was a Dr. who left the field due to insurance issues and went into research. I will not be seeing this group anymore and have already returned to Dr. Ruoff as I feel he is looking at my quality of life vs. his.

March 12th, 2010
Super Hero Doc.

August 19th, 2009
Excellent care and bedside manner
I found Dr.Ruoff to be a very good listener. He was thoughtful regarding my ailmentmeasy to talk to and treated me respectfully. I was dismissed from his care feeling confident that he had addressed my medical problem effectively. I will return to him without hesitation if the need arises.

May 10th, 2009
Top doctor
Energetic, compassionate and thorough. I highly recommend Dr. Ruoff. I traveled forty minutes to see him, and did not regret it. He was recommended to me by another fine doctor.