Dr. Mark Greenberg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 8th, 2016
LPC
He is a great surgeon. Last year I had shoulder replacement. This year I will have knee replacement. So fortunate to have a surgeon of this caliber. He also operated on our son and daughter.

October 19th, 2016
Ortho
One of the best Doctors.

October 9th, 2016
Patient
Very patient with the patient. Very considerate. Listens to the needs of the patient. Very thorough in his diagnosis. Doesn't get in a hurry and gives the patient plenty of time.

September 1st, 2016
Great Doctor!
Dr Mark Greenberg just completed my 2nd Total Knee Replacement ,right, just 10 days ago. He also did my first TKR, left, 6 months ago. He is absolutely the best at what he does! He will be informative beforehand, and available to you afterwards. He truly has done an amazing job and I am blessed to have found him. I recommend him highly, a very caring person and talented physician.

March 4th, 2016
Dr Greenberg has several opinions that are contrary to the majority of orthopedic joint replacement physicians. For instance, he keeps the patient in the hospital from 3-5 days instead of the more typical 1-2 days to make sure pain is under control and patient is prepared to go home. All of these types of different opinions seem to me to be in the best long term care of the patient. It still leaves open going home earlier but is more individual specific. Could not ask for a better outcome in my case but pleased that he seems to put the overall patient outcome first regardless of whether problems occur or not.

January 27th, 2016
Totally satisfied!
Upon agreeing to rotator cuff surgery, Dr. Greenberg stated that in some cases the cure was worse than the ailment. He was right, but four months later I am totally satisfied with the outcome. If you are considering shoulder surgery I strongly recommend that you at least visit Dr. Greenberg for a consultation.

November 21st, 2013
EVP
Great Doctor! Blessed to have had him as my ortho during this difficult time. Amazing results. I have recommended at least 20 other people and everyone has had only positive things to say! Thanks Dr Greenberg.

February 28th, 2013
Retired
I had a full knee replacement. Doctor gave us all the facts up front. I was able to get the surgery set up 3 weeks from the date I made the decision to go ahead. Doctor was at the hospital every morning to see me and keep me informed. His instructions about what was ahead of me at home was right on. I am 71 and a golfer. He knew my goal was to get back on the golf course as soon as possible. Three days short of 3 months from surgery he said ok you can go back. If you have this surgery do everything he says and the PT says do and do it every day no matter if it hurts and you will be back soon. I would highly recommend Dr. Greenberg.

January 18th, 2012
Knee: miniscus and microfractures
At age 43 (in 2007), I went to Dr. Greenberg for a second opinion on a knee that swelled after ultimate frisbee and had a torn PCL from an injury at age 27. The first doctor had taken an MRI and diagnosed a torn miniscus and a bad ACL: he said he thought the knee would need to be "totally redone". Dr. Greenberg disagreed: he said the miniscus was worn and torn but the ACL was solid. He was also clear about not knowing for sure what would be needed until he got inside the knee. I had him operate and he trimmed the miniscus and did microfractures because the cartilage was thin. It has turned out really well - I'm playing regularly again and the knee just keeps getting better, I guess because the microfractures take a while to stabilize. For the first 2 or 3 years it still swelled afterwards, but less and less. Now it does not swell at all.

November 13th, 2011
My notes on a conservative physician
My right knee was the subject of 5 surgical interventions performed over a 35 year period beginning in 1969. What I appreciate about Dr. Greenberg is his style of practicing medicine. In the past, it seemed that the prior surgeons were "knife-happy" wanting to invade the hidden parts of the knee joint to remove what was not working without regard to the actual long-term consequences. His method has been more scientific in the approach with actual surgery being done as a last resort. The elimation of possibilities was conducted over time with a very frank discussion with me every step of the way.If you are looking for a physician who want to cut first, this is not your man!This is a physician you can trust. This is a family man who leaves you feeling like he is treating his next of kin and not just some person who walked in off the street.