Dr. Mark Stern Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Stern?

October 28th, 2016

Gave me my life back!

When I came to Dr.Sterns office I was in more pain then I had ever experienced. After diagnosing my problem he explained how he could help me in detail! After my surgery I was amazed that he was able to accomplish everything we had hoped for. I am 6 months post surgery and am 99 percent pain free! Dr. Stern gave me my life back!!

July 28th, 2016

Friendly staff took good care of me.

October 30th, 2015

Horrible . Avoid this Dr !

First off every appt. we were left in the waiting room for no less than a hour .The staff are incredibly Insensitive and unprofessional. I had a tumor in my right leg which,he attempted to biopsy but mutilated my leg with huge jagged scar that like a hack saw , he told me he couldn't take it out or touch but ( did not even biopsy it) assured me it was benign. So for two years I went about my life,In pain thinking it was fine ( he said to take it out I would loose function of my leg) Well after two years of being paranoid about that I went to another Dr. he said we need to biopsy it so he did well guess what ,? it was malignant,he got it out with a nice fine scar,the tumor grew back and I was left with amputating my leg ,now if this was taken care of two years earlier would it be different? I don't know,but this horrid Dr should have at a minimum referred me to another Dr. I am unfortunately very medically astute now. Please, please avoid this insensitive, incompetent Dr. I would have brought a lawsuit if I wasn't busy fighting cancer .(Dr Richard Ostrup in San Diego is the best try him ) please do not see Dr Stearn!

July 24th, 2015

C-4 ,5,6 &7 Anterior cervical disectomy and fusion

January 7th, 2015

Dr. Mark Stern repaired a ruptured disc in my neck about fifteen years ago. I have had no problems at all. I can't say Thankyou enough to him.

December 31st, 2014

Dr. Stern did back surgery on my back l3,4,5 and s1. They were pinching my nerves and my legs were numb. He took the discs out of my back with no support. After surgery he told me to go home and start doing sit ups. No physical therapy or nothing. I continued to have pain and it became worse. I had another surgery a year later because of his lack of care for my back, I tore my spine and it was leaking spinal fluid. I had to have Titanium rods with screws in my back because his lack of proper care. Thanks Doc for nothing.

September 12th, 2014

In a lot of pain with no help

I have been seeing this doctor for a year now. I am in excruciating pain and he has been taking things as slow as molasses. He does not pay attention to what is said or what the tests say at all, and this is why I am writing this review. His PA told me I could have surgery. On the consult with Stern himself, he looked at a recent MRI and said nothing was wrong. I had to rigidly demand he review my Xrays. He then decided yes I did have something wrong, but we would be doing other forms of treatment before surgery. Again. After a year of 'other non surgery treatment' in extreme pain. This is someone who seems to be milking my insurance (after a year of appointments that go no where and take 3 HOURS each). He is completely without compassion to his patients pain. DO NOT GO TO HIM unless you like seeing no results and being left in pain. Also, he has slurred speech slouched posture and memory/ attention problems that seem to indicate he may be some sort of intoxicated. Big waste of time, money and pain.

October 17th, 2013

I feel amazing for an on a whim emergency surgery

I am a 25 year old female that had huge problems with two herniated discs. Something about L5-S1. One was herniated 12mm originally causing chronic pain down my right leg for about 5 months. 2 1/2 weeks ago today exactly, I was taken in for a second MRI at the hospital. To find much to my dismay, a SECOND herniated disc that was causing my pain to be so severe that I couldn't even lay down comfortably. Or anything else for that matter without screaming or crying. That drives me nuts because I'm the type of person that loves to be active 24/7 and HATES medication of any kind. They wouldn't let me leave because of possible nerve damage and or paralysis. This freaked me out because I knew surgery was in order, and I had no time to compare and choose my doctors. So they sent in dr. Stern. I loved how he was straight and to the point and seemed not at all worried about the surgery. Now I know why. Now it has been exactly 2 weeks since surgery was performed, and following the instructions he gave me, which was: no bending, lifting or twisting. But no matter how much it hurts, to keep moving. Do not lay in bed all day. I have been following these instructions precisely and only sitting when I just cannot do it anymore and I haven't taken a pain pill in three days. There is no limp anymore, there is no slouch. There is no pain going down my leg anymore. Now don't get me wrong, the incision is still sore but I'm not going to whine at all about it because it's nothing compared to what my pain was like before and I expect it to still be healing. Even afterwards talking with random nurses and doctors they have nothing but good words about dr stern which makes me feel better about the surgery performed. I like how he is straight and to the point with the important questions I have and any frivolous questions I have I can ask his assistant. I would recommend him to anyone. One more thing I would like to add, Although even though his assistant is awesome, his staff seems a bit on edge and crabby. I've been there twice so far and I seem a bit taken a back by a couple of their attitudes. Maybe just a bad day or something. I dismissed it but figured I would warn you guys.

August 15th, 2013

CPC

Mark Stern MD is an excellent surgeon. He is dedicated and focused on the best interest of the patient and his knowledge of what needs to be done and skills are impeccable. I would recommend him for anyone who wants the best outcome for any spine issues that are complicated. I recently had a ACDF on three levels. His staff Anna, Lily and his assistant James Kimber PA service and care for my best interests were Phenomenal. James Kimber offered the most amazing sincern care and spendt a great amount of time with my best interest in regards to my condition. He is a great right hand physician, while Dr Stern focuses on the surgery only James steps in and makes sure everything is perfected. Anna runs the office with great deal of focus on the patient needs and does not leave any questions unanswered. You are comfortable knowing everything your going to experience and feel assured that she will be there to guide you through the aftermath of surgery. Lily does an amazing job coordinating your benefits and authorizations and scheduling the procedure so it is covered completely by your insurance benefits. I would recommend this office to anyone even if they need to travel.

July 25th, 2013

Registered Nurse, Emergency Department

Dr. Stern cared for my 23 yo son after a traumatic brain injury and skull fracture from an assault. I was touched by his caring and honesty. As a mother and a nurse of 20 years, I appreciated how he shared everything I wanted to know and discussed everything I needed to discuss. He trusted me enough to ask for my input and my opinions. His bedside manner was gentle and personable. Dr. Stern gave us as much time as we needed to talk and made us feel like my son was his only patient. He went to bat for my son and hit a home run. I know neurosurgery is risky, and Dr. Stern takes it seriously. I would trust him in any situation.

July 24th, 2013

Review for Dr. Mark Stern

Dr. Stern has done 3 of my 4 surgeries to remove recurring Pituitary tumors. I have found Dr. Stern to be technically excellent, honest and direct. He has taken the time to explain all aspects of my treatment and follow up. There was never any doubt that Dr. Stern had my best interest in mind. Dr. Stern's office staff has always been accommodating, friendly and competent. I would recommend Dr. Stern to anyone with a Pituitary tumor.

March 20th, 2013

I would give a NEGATIVE one star rating if I could!

It has been over 5 years since Dr. Mark Stern operated on me for a simple discectomy, and a day doesn't go by that I'm not in pain. I was referred to Dr. Stern for a herniated L5-S1 disc. Being in great pain, the last thing you can do is sit and wait for an hour to be seen. I have had many office calls with him, and he's always made me wait 45 min. to one hour. No less. He treated me with steroids for 5 months while sending me to a physical therapist. I could barely walk, much less drive myself to and from before he opted for the much needed surgery, and ONLY because I requested it as my insurance was going to run out and I was not responding to treatment favorably. I was constantly reminding him of my lack of employment and hard stressful times because I couldn't work. He promised I'd be galloping horses in 3 months after the procedure. Dr. Stern NEVER followed up with me post-op, and when I was released from the hospital, I was taken directly off a morphine drip to nothing__They were just releasing me without pain management! The nurse had to call him to get a prescription for me. He left no post-op instructions! Months later, I had developed adhesions and continued to feel extreme pain and lost use of my legs. He told me "You should be riding horses again by now". I had to DEMAND a second MRI as he didn't believe when I said "something is wrong!". The second MRI revealed adhesion growth so severe, it interfered with the nerves governing my legs. The pain is unreal. He now ordered a series of 3 catheter-placed epidurals that were to be given in one month intervals. His office failed to properly schedule me so that I didn't get them all in the timely manner which makes them effective. I am now totally disabled. I couldn't afford to keep my health insurance, and I could not return to work, so this is when he stopped treating me. What a nightmare this man is! On my last and final appt. with him I watched the clock pass the one hour limit, and he walked right out of the office and didn't even look at me. His receptionist said he'd gone for the day. She said I was to see his Phys. Asst. The PA would only prescribe for me NSAI's and suggest surgery to install a pain pump. A surgery that could not even be scheduled before the first of the year when my deductible went up again. I consider Dr. Mark Stern to be the most arrogant, uncaring, unprofessional person I have ever met, and that's the kind side of my words.