inactive

Mark S White DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 1 comment

February 16th, 2016
Dr White is the only pain management doc I have been to who has actually listened to me and suggested procedures that have highly improved my quality of life. After 12 years of suffering from chronic pain, I am now able to live a normal life with minimal breakthrough pain. He is very personable and willing to help no matter the pain.

November 10th, 2014
Best Doctor EVER!!
I have been to pain doctors since 1998. There are some out there who don't really care, but DR. WHITE is different. He really cares, and he listens to his patients. I found him about 15 years ago, when my other pain doc in Austin told me I could no longer use the fentanyl patches because they were too expensive. They were on the formulary of my insurance. So I filed a complaint with the Texas Board of Insurance. They investigated, but it turned out my old doctor had lied to me, and they ended up investigating him! Needless to say, he wasn't very nice to me after that. Then I found Dr. White! What a blessing that was. He is WONDERFUL. He left me on the patches, but tried other things too. He always listened to me talk about how I felt, and he really cared. I moved to El Paso in 2007, and ended up flying back for my appointments with him. It was worth it! I tried a doctor here, but it was usually a four hour wait, and if I got to ever see the real doctor, he could care less how I felt. I went back to Dr White in Austin for a few years. However, I got to the point of being in the hospital so much for congestive heart failure, it became logical to have a pain doctor here. So, I go to a doctor here that Dr White recommended. There will never be any doctor that compares to Dr White, but it is okay. If you are in or near Austin, Texas and need a pain doctor, go meet Dr White.

January 21st, 2014
Dr. Mark White and his team at Integrative Pain Services are the best!
Being a patient of Dr. Mark White has changed my life for the better. I'd been living in constant pain for over 10 years before I found the great team at Integrative Pain Services. They finally gave me some relief. Every other doctor I saw just wanted to give me muscle relaxers and send me home. Well, that never worked! From the very first visit I felt like a real person, not a 15 minute turn and burn appointment with notes in a file folder. In fact, I often have to remind Dr. White that he has another patient waiting because he's totally engrossed in our discussion. He's listening and asking questions, not taking notes. He has someone else take the notes, so he can really listen and think. It's wonderful to visit their office and everyone treats you like a friend, not a symptom. That's what I call "old school" medicine.

October 11th, 2013
Whatever people are writing here that is negative is just not so....
Every doctor, almost, has some strengths and some aspects that are not as good as we'ed like. I've been to just a very few doctors over the years who were all good, for example. But comparing this pain doctor to a total idiot, an outright liar, a contemptible human being like pain specialist Dr. Shocket, who is not at all good and is disgusting in every way, you'll soon discover the difference between a real doctor, genuine in every way, and a pain doctor that's a total hoax!

July 11th, 2013
Thank heavens for Dr. White and his staff.
I have been seeing Dr. White for about two years now after a drunk driver left me disabled and in pain most of the time. Dr. White takes time to address ALL my pain issues. His staff is caring and efficient. Recently I had suddenly had disabling pain in my back only two days before my daughter's wedding a 250 mile drive away. His staff worked hard to get me in to see the doctor, and Dr. White took the time to know exactly what was needed. After an epidural I was able to enjoy seeing my beautiful daughter married. This is the kind of personalized, compassionate care from everyone in the office that is needed in the field.

July 31st, 2010
AWESOME DOCTOR
I've been seeing Dr. White off and on for over 9 yrs and recently returned to him as a patient because he is the only doctor that understands how pain works and he does his BEST to get you pain free. I don't care how long I have to wait to see him because I know he will spend time with me and not try and rush me through an appt. My pain management is now being taken care by a real professional! I will only see Dr. White for my back injections due to the fact he knows what he is doing at all times.

March 9th, 2010
BEST PAIN DOCTOR IN AUSTIN
Dr White has helped me greatly with my pain. He is the most professional and at the same time, the most personable doctor I have ever experienced. I have end stage liver disease and I see dozens of doctors every month. Doctor White is the only doctor that I feel "actually" does care about health and pain management. One word to describe Dr White: AWESOME.

December 3rd, 2009
Wonderful human being, outstanding physician
I have been seeing Dr. White once a month for more than 5-7 years. When I read the other reviews that people have left about him, I can well understand why they write such harsh summaries. Dr. White is an ''odball'' kind of guy. He tends to talk a lot, talk too much some times, and it is true that his "bedside manners'' so to speak are rather strange. But before I found him, I visited probably every single pain specialist in and around austin/round rock, most of then are just plain a-holes, in many ways. If you're looking for a ''nice guy'' the place to go to is Dr. Stovall. If you're looking for a really terrible, abusive nutcase, the place to go to is Dr. Rey Ximenes, a 100% total idiot, and a danger to patients and to the profession. When it comes to Dr. White, you have to take the time and make the effort to "get to know him", and it is very very very well worth your time and your effort. He seems some times not to be listening, but in truth he is a brilliant, caring, lovely human being, inside and outside, who tries and tries and tries to figure out what kind of therapy or approach might be best for each individual. Most of his patients absolutely adore him, once they make it through the first few weeks or months. If they don't adore him, then they just hate him, the opposite, some people find him crude and perhaps arrogant. But if YOU have a problem at 3 or 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning, or on weekends, or during a holiday, he'll *ALWAYS* be there for you, even if he's travelled half way across the world, you can count on him to return your call, promptly. Some of his front staff, especially his wife who is the charge person on the front end, can sometimes be a bit ''tempermental'', but you just work your way through it to get to the golden egg. In fact, Dr. White just plain takes too long to fire some of his staff that should be gotten rid of, he knows they have families to support, and he does not want to cause them great distress of job loss. But the drug reps adore him, several have told me so for example. I've gotten to know him quite well after so many years. The summary is that he's a great doctor, really knows his stuff, is both a kind and sensitive human being but also very very tough and direct, to the point in his mannerisms which yes, can be interpreted correctly at times as "rude". He's also good with his hands, doing medical procedures, which can some times be very good for the patient. To summarize, when you're searching for a good pain specialist, you really really really need to be very very careful, there are a bunch of terrible specialists here in exAustin, who can hurt you, abuse you, and even kill you. But Dr. White is, to me, the very best, who will go way way way out on a limb for YOU, his patient, to try to get you the very best possible, or in some cases just the maximum that your insurance company is willing to pay for. I've had incidences when the insurance company stopped paying for my meds which are very very expensive, and he stuck up for me in an astonishing way, threatening that if the insurance company stuck with their decision, he would ''make sure'' that if anything happened to me as a result of the insurance company's decision he would do whatever he possibly could to nail them to the wall. No other doctor, I believe, would do that for you, when you need it.I put my life in his hands and in his trust, and I believe there is no better human being - physician available in this area.

August 25th, 2009
He ridiculed and laughed at me.
He told me that Fibromyalgia"was over rated" he thinks that all woman suffer the same on their PMS , be careful these doctors can ruin your reputation and false accusations. He laughed in my face and said" ha ha ha have a nice life" his bed side manners were not of a caring professional but someone who threw out accusations and did not know what he was talking about.