3.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 21st, 2016
No one better for all ages.
Dr. Wright is good with all ages and very up to date with medications for each condition. I took my daughter to him with medication management and he did way more than that. He was an advocate for my daughter when the insurance wouldn't pay for her medication because of her age. I would trust the word of this Dr. over any other Dr. or counselor. I highly recommend him. Any time I had a question or concern I could call him and he would call me right back.

August 25th, 2016
Excellent care
Dr. Wright listens well and gives end the time I need. He is accurate in his diagnoses.

March 18th, 2015
He is definitely money hungry and will give you want you think you need as long as you have the money. Didn't he lose his license previously for this? Beware of unethical, unprofessional people who call themselves doctors.

October 4th, 2014
Very Cold & Strange Demeanor
I would not recommend Dr. Wright he didn't seem to care at all or be interested in me. He barely made eye contact and just wrote notes and hardly spoke and never talks about medication side effects he just seems to want to throw meds at you. He acts like he can't stand being in the room with you. I don't like people who can't make eye contact especially professionals. He is blunt but I don't mind bluntness what I do mine is an unpredictable snooty attitude especially concerning something like mental health. I'll be going elsewhere. He seems cold and uncaring.

August 2nd, 2014
Excellent Trustworthy Physician
Over the past twenty years, I have seen six psychiatrists. Dr. Wright is the best, hands down. He is intelligent, insightful and courteous. I leave every appointment with exactly what I need to continue treating chronic depression. I notice that some reviewers find him to be abrupt. I think a better description would be SMART and EFFICIENT. He knows how to listen and draw conclusions about what treatment is needed. As a busy professional, I appreciate that when I have a fifteen minute appointment, I can show up three minutes before my appointment time and be in and out of his office in 30 minutes, including checking in, paying and making my next appointment. He's also great with returning emergency calls and explaining his judgments. It's true that he doesn't chat extensively, but that discipline allows him to be on time for his next appointment. I would also like to compliment his office staff, who are equally consistent, kind and helpful.

April 17th, 2014
Dr. Wright gave me something priceless....
I suffer with ADHD. For years I saw countless different doctors who never really listened to me, and kept trying to medicate me for other conditions. I was about to give up hope, when a co-worker highly recommended Dr Mark Wright. He is the first doctor that really listened to me and understood. He asked me what meds worked in the past and what didn't. He really took his time getting to know ME! He went over all my medication options, and the ups and downs of each. Instead of just making the decision for me(like most doctors have), we came to a decision TOGETHER. With Dr. Wright, I finally felt like I had some choice in my own treatment. He made me an active participant, instead of an innocent bystander. I'm actually looking forward to my next appointment so I can thank him for giving me back my life. It's amazing how much more fully I can live life, now that I'm no longer a slave to my condition, and it's limitations. Dr. Wright is not the cheapest doctor in town....but then again, what he has done for me is priceless.

August 29th, 2013
Good Experience
Dr. Wright is very professional & courteous. He doesn't beat around the bush, which I like, he seems to care about your problem. He treated me with respect. He didn't "analyze" me at all, he was very conversational & matter of fact. He knows his stuff. He spent a lot of time with me & made me feel relaxed & comfortable. I recommend him to anyone who needs a psychiatrist. My only complaint is the staff, they came off as stand-offish & less-than courteous. That aside, I definately recommend Dr. Wright & plan on seeing him again.

August 10th, 2013
Worst doctor I have ever experienced. Pay attention to the posts. He doesn't care about patients. Also, behind what others appreciate as his "no-nonsense" approach is a self-absorbing, arrogant, unhappy man.

August 2nd, 2013
Malpractice
This doctor is quite rude and unprofessional. Please don't invest your time and risk your health seeing this man. He is not interested in his patients. He is self-serving and arrogant.

June 2nd, 2013
Better Psychiatrists in Lexington
As what the previous reviewer pointed out, he is rather rude and condescending. He definitely doesn't have a soft approach, especially with teenagers. He doesn't want to get involved in any recommendations for his opinion outside his practice and is definitely money hungry. This is evidenced by the barrage of notices of payment is due at time of service. If you don't have payment, it's a missed appointment and you will be charged. Wanted to drop Humana health coverage because they changed their diagnostic code and it was a hassle. He is good with medicine, and adjusting doses, but his attitude is not worth the rest of his abilities. One lady of his staff is extremely sweet and caring, an older lady working there is very rude. Left and went to a wonderful doctor. Realize what my son has been putting up with now.

April 11th, 2013
Avoid!!
Staff is extremely rude. He is okay but very condescending. Many other better doctors in town.

January 26th, 2012
Dr. Wright is wonderful with making you feel valued and comfortable talking with him. I do and still will recommend him to others