Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

• Currently 2.6190476190476 of 4 stars
 |  all about the money  |  show details
by Sara on Mar 17th, 2014

Dr. Sanders cares about money first and helping patients second but only as a way to make more money. The entire appointment he just kept bragging about his personal possessions and how much money he makes. It was a huge red flag. I didn't feel like he cared about whether or not I got better as long as he still got paid.

|  Routine Sports Medicine  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

He obviously knew what he was talking about, but to me he came off as a little rough around the edges. I waited 2 hours after my scheduled to see him which was really annoying. We spent a total of 10 minutes and he basically told me there wasn't much I could do besides surgery a little further down the line if my syptoms worsen (I've been having leg problems). I have exercise induced asthma as well and asked for a prescription and he said "I can't do that, well...I can, but I'm not going to." Not even 2 weeks later I had an asthma attack. Luckily someone had an inhaler I could use because it was a REALLY bad asthma attack. Otherwise I don't know what I would have done because the people around me didn't know about my condition so they didn't know what to do. I would probably find a different doctor next time.

|  Dislocating shoulder with four failed operations  |  show details
by Buzz on Aug 23rd, 2013

I had four operations to stabilize my shoulder when I was in the Navy. It kept going out. A friend told me about Dr. Sanders. I almost didn't believe him when he said he could give me my life back. I didn't believe that I could ever live an active lifestyle. He removed all the old metal work and took a bone graft from my hip to rebuild the socket, fixing it with two screws. Three months to the day I played golf and now can wakeboard again. I have almost forgotten about my shoulder. On the down side, he is blunt and to the point. He tells it like it is, whether you like it or not. Some people won't like that.

|  Driver  |  show details
by Williams on Feb 1st, 2013

Cost 2000 left a fracture at 22 years old disk in me did not tell me my therapist told me once we settled spent 3 min wit me don't go to this crook to get him rich an leave u hurt check around

|  Excellent  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

Dr. Sanders repaired my AC separation when other orthos told me to just deal with it. Full range of motion the next day during PT visit.He is very good. If you want to be coddled then this is not your guy. If you want direct communication and excellent surgery...then he's the man.

|  Ugh.  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Horrible doctor. Spent only 5 minutes with me and wouldn't answer any questions.

|  Arrogant  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2012

He was arrogant and extremely abrasive. He never asked any questions about how my injury felt at this time, nor did he even examine it, he just looked at the xrays, and gave his diagnosis. He took offense to my questions. He took my questions as an affront to his diagnosis when all I wanted to know was how my range of motion would be after the injury healed by itself. He was out of there in under five minutes.

|  rude  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

Not only is he completely racist and sexist, but he hardly even examined me. He has a huge ego, but really isn't so great. He's extremely unprofessional as well. I take it the anger management classes did not work for him.

|  Full of himself  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2011

Failed to recognize injury. Bizarre bedside manner. Walked in when dressing-had to wear his filthy office shorts!

|  DR Sanders  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Both ACL's and Rotator Cuff, The best of the best

Aug 31st, 2011

He's touted on the internet as god's gift to orthopedics, but he failed to diagnose a condition and performed my surgery improperly. His bedside manner is horrible and hes pompous, arrogant and bigoted. Stay away from this doctor.

Aug 21st, 2011

hes horrible

by Julie Tudor on Jan 12th, 2011

Dr. Sanders is absolutely the best. He saved me big time by plating my broken collar bone. My local doctors would not attempt to do what Dr. Sanders did. I feel great and am 100% thrilled with the result.Thank you, Dr. Sanders!!!

|  Best of the best!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

Dr. Sanders has a gizillion patients who would gladly attest to this, although his results speak for themselves. He did my reconstruction three months ago and it's feeling like nothing was ever wrong. Four months from my ACL injury and I'm back to full use of the knee. He is the best of the best.

|  Dr. Sanders is excellent! Don't fear the fix!  |  show details
by Julie on Mar 5th, 2010

When my hometown doctor would not touch my collar bone, Dr. Sanders put it back together, and did a great job. I'm only sorry I didn't know about him sooner. He has quite a bit of experience with clavicle surgeries, and that made the difference for me. I would highly recommend him for any orthopedic surgery, though.

|  Top ACL Doc, Great Sports Surgeon  |  show details
by Russ Stern on Feb 15th, 2010

Doc Sanders knows his stuff, I had ACL reconstruction and was running 10 flights of stairs in 10 days. Intense rehab and great skill on the DR's part make this possible. The staff is fantastic. If you have knee surgery anywhere else your making a bad decision. Ed the PT is awesome.

|  The Best Ever  |  show details
by Hack-Man162 on Aug 22nd, 2008

Doc Sanders saved my knee when everyone else just wanted to replace it. I feel 20 years younger now.