Dr. Mark Sanders MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Houston, TX

3.3

August 1st, 2016
Broken Collar Bone Surgery
Dr. Sanders performed ORIF surgery to fix a collarbone malunion. After being turned down by two previous doctors, I chose an out of state procedure with Dr. Sanders because of his wealth of knowledge and unbelievable experience with broken collar bones. He successfully lengthened and reconstructed the collar bone with plate and screws and the shoulder and bone are 100% pain free. I was very impressed with the facilities and knowledgeable staff. I highly recommend Dr. Sanders!!!!

June 13th, 2016
Best Dr. I have ever went to.

February 9th, 2016
Worked well with my husband.

January 20th, 2016
Carrer saving injury.
Dr. Sanders saved my son from a potential career ending injury in football. He had a fractured femur in high school. Thanks to Dr. Sanders he has just completed his college career. You are the best Dr. Sanders. Thank you for all you have done.

Failed knee surgeries
I had three surgeries for a dislocating Patella. It kept dislocating. Dr Mark undid the operations I had had , and corrected rotational deformities in my tibia and femur. After 4 months I had full motion and started in sports that I never thiught I could do again. Dr Mark is straight and to the point. He won't tell you what you want to hear if it's not the straight truth. He is very parsimonious with narcotics.

In Pain No More
I had been suffering from chronic knee pain for years and the pain was getting worse. I had visited with half a dozen other orthopedics and none could give me a solid solution for my knee. I had then sought out Dr. Sanders for his opinion and he explained what my problem was and what the solution would be. The other doctors wanted to treat my pain symptoms but Dr. Sanders knew what I needed to treat the cause of everything. I had a high tibial osteotomy performed on my knee and the funny thing is that no other doctor gave me this procedure as an option. i am not going to lie, this is a tough procedure to have. I followed all of the doctors orders pre and post surgery. After surgery, I jumped right in with a great rehab guy. I am now 9 months post surgery and I am pain-free. I went from limping right when I got out of bed in the morning and now doing my normal workouts. Thank you Dr. Sanders!!!

January 10th, 2016
Glad I went to Doctor Mark! He gave me his honest opinion at every step. He told me what he would do if he was me. I'm in no pain, and very happy now!

January 10th, 2016
Dr. Sanders is the most professional doctor and the best as he caught my elbow problem immediately and also operated on my shoulder. Both with great results.

March 17th, 2014
all about the money
Dr. Sanders cares about money first and helping patients second but only as a way to make more money. The entire appointment he just kept bragging about his personal possessions and how much money he makes. It was a huge red flag. I didn't feel like he cared about whether or not I got better as long as he still got paid.

September 16th, 2013
Routine Sports Medicine
He obviously knew what he was talking about, but to me he came off as a little rough around the edges. I waited 2 hours after my scheduled to see him which was really annoying. We spent a total of 10 minutes and he basically told me there wasn't much I could do besides surgery a little further down the line if my syptoms worsen (I've been having leg problems). I have exercise induced asthma as well and asked for a prescription and he said "I can't do that, well...I can, but I'm not going to." Not even 2 weeks later I had an asthma attack. Luckily someone had an inhaler I could use because it was a REALLY bad asthma attack. Otherwise I don't know what I would have done because the people around me didn't know about my condition so they didn't know what to do. I would probably find a different doctor next time.

August 23rd, 2013
Dislocating shoulder with four failed operations
I had four operations to stabilize my shoulder when I was in the Navy. It kept going out. A friend told me about Dr. Sanders. I almost didn't believe him when he said he could give me my life back. I didn't believe that I could ever live an active lifestyle. He removed all the old metal work and took a bone graft from my hip to rebuild the socket, fixing it with two screws. Three months to the day I played golf and now can wakeboard again. I have almost forgotten about my shoulder. On the down side, he is blunt and to the point. He tells it like it is, whether you like it or not. Some people won't like that.

March 14th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Sanders repaired my AC separation when other orthos told me to just deal with it. Full range of motion the next day during PT visit.He is very good. If you want to be coddled then this is not your guy. If you want direct communication and excellent surgery...then he's the man.