Dr. Mark Scanlan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Scanlan?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Mark Scanlan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 22nd, 2015

Don't waste you time or money

I had to wait 2 months to be seen as a new patient because the appointment length is supposed to be one hour. He maybe spent 15 minutes with me. Which wouldn't really be a big issue except that he was arrogant and condescending and didn't care to get a full history from me on what was going on. He told me that I was "doctor shopping" and he'd "seen this many times before." I'd like to know wth I was "shopping" for because I wasn't wanting meds. I had been to another psychiatrist (very competent) in a different state because my depression was so severe I could not function while waiting to be seen here and my family had to care for me during that time. I went to see Scanlon so I'd have a more local doc following me. Guess that's "doctor shopping." I don't usually write reviews, but this $&@#%^* deserved one. Thanks for nothing and wasting my time and money to travel to see you so I could hear about how your daughter was Ms. America. I wish I had heeded the advice from the other negative reviews, but I just figured they were disgruntled and bitter. Now I know why. It'd be worth the couple extra hours to drive somewhere else and get real help from a more compassionate doctor.

January 15th, 2014

Horrible to work with

I am OCD and am on medication for it. We ended up losing our main Dr., only to be put with Dr. Scanlon. I read the other review on here and its scary how close our experience was with this group of people. My wife was worried about me as I was having suicidal thoughts. You would think this would be serious! Nope, she called them 4 times before they responded back. Their answer was to give me new medication without even seeing me, which totally messed me up. The earliest they could schedule us for an appointment was 4 months out. We finally were prepared to get this resolved. Their next course of action was to at the last minute cancel and reschedule us. To our dismay with all the confusion we ended up messing up the date and missed our appointment. When I called to figure this out, the lady told me since you missed, Dr. Scanlon will not allow you to reschedule. Really? This is how a serious mental health issue is dealt with.

November 18th, 2012

Do Not Recommend

I have had several appointments with Dr. Scanlan. He does not listen to what I'm saying or needing. He does not treat me as if he even cares about me. You only get 10-15 minutes with him per appointment. Some doctor! The worst part is dealing with his nurse "Chris". She is VERY rude and condescending on the phone! She must not remember her job is a nurse. How she works with the public is beyond me! I will not being going back to them or dealing with that lady ever again.

October 17th, 2015