Dr. Mark Schaner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Schaner?

December 1st, 2015

Excellent service and courteous

October 26th, 2015

He was attending physician at Midstate in Meriden when I was a patient. I was impressed by his professionalism, thoroughness and comfort dealing with a patient.

November 18th, 2013

Incompetent

Mark Schaner, DO is incompetent. I was admitted to the hospital at which he works. He wanted to discharge me despite the fact that I still had low oxygen levels and required oxygen through the nasal tubing. He spends a good amount of time at the bedside but he rambles nonsense. I do not trust this doctor. If you end up with this doctor, you are best trying to request a different one.

August 11th, 2011

Great Experience

I haven't had a regular physician for many years, mainly due to moving around and being uncomfortable with the feeling of finding anyone who would measure up to a doctor I had for 15 years back in Seattle--those relationships are difficult to build. I saw Dr. Schaner for my annual physical (something I hadn't actually had for several years now). Within minutes of meeting him, my nerves were calmed and I found myself feeling very comfortable telling him everything about my medical history. I have never had a doctor who was more attentive and willing to listen (not just hear me ramble, but actually participate in a two-way conversation). I did not feel rushed nor did I feel at all intimidated, something I've experienced with other physicians who are ready to diagnose you and move on to the next patient without fully understanding your condition, nor seeming to care. Dr. Schaner is personable, caring, and willing to take the time to fully explain a course of treatment, as well as recommending me to a specialist (who also turned out to be an absolutely amazing doctor). My experience with him was outstanding.

April 20th, 2011

What was that?!

Dr. Schaner seemed very professional, inquisitive and nice at first. The questions quickly became more and more personal and very uncomfortable for a first visit. It seemed my honesty only backfired as he started to diagnose me for things beyond his qualifications. He then became more abrupt, rude and insensitive to my feelings and needs. The scary part was he did spend a lot of time with me which made me wonder where his methods unorthodox yet he was good or was he judging me and becoming unprofessional fast. The end result was me leaving in tears, confused and angry. He had no right to ask some of the questions he asked, he told me he would refer me to specialists and he did not, prescribed something dangerous and unnecessary and overall was a bad bad experience. Seems like a good choice for someone very old and with heart problems like all the folks in his waiting room. the man is clearly not competent with more complex cases. in one word useless

April 26th, 2017