Dr. Mark Schlesinger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 19th, 2016
back pain
This is the only DR.that was able to fix my back pain

March 4th, 2015
Best pain specialist in valley and west side
Dr Schlesinger is brilliant and really works with you to get to the root of your pain. He is smart, thinks out of the box which is important when you work with chronic pain, and is incredibly accurate regarding the root of your pain. I have been to UCLA and other pain specialists as I have an autoimmune disorder and lumbar stenosis, and he keeps working with me, and gives me hope, which is so important when working with chronic pain.

March 23rd, 2012
Great Experience
Really care, spent time talking to me. Very thorough. Was really interested and making a diagnosis and treating my pain, not jus tgiving me pills.

February 12th, 2012
Dr. S was caring and informative. He told me what was wrong and what could be done to help. The injections were almost painliess.

September 2nd, 2011
Yelled at me when I cried because the epidural hurt so much.
Although I appreciate the help from his office to relieve the pain I was in, when I cried because of my back pain mixed with severe pain when he hit a nerve during my epidural, he yelled at me...literally shouted at me. It was so freaky, I was actually in shock. I have been through the birth of two children and had never experienced such pain. I agree his beside manner is to be questioned, however, the epidural did relieve my pain in the end, though it lasted only about two months. I am also concerned that there is no plan of treatment for my issue besides coming back for injections. I found the office staff to be incredibly sweet and helpful though.

July 11th, 2011
This doctor does not care about you.
He cares about money.

April 19th, 2011
Dr. S is excellant and really listens to me. Everyone at the office is very pleasent and caring. I have been seeing Dr. S for a number of years and have only had positive experences.

March 27th, 2011
not happy or better
I had a really negative experience with this doctor. He didn't seem to care or listen. I am no better now after some injections than before I started seeing him. He seemed only interested in injections and not the complete treatment of my problems.

January 28th, 2011
Medical care
After meeting with Dr. Schlesinger my first visit just 2 years ago and reviewing all of my symptoms with him after having my chronic problems for the past 16 years. I can honestly say that I have complete and total trust, I feel very comfortable and do not have any reservations in his medical care. Dr. Schlesinger is the most professional and experienced, caring person who has been there for me and really listens to what I have to say and always has the time no matter how long it takes and how many patients may be waiting to sit down with me and put me at ease every time and will always squeeze me in to see him. It just amazes me how Dr. Schlesinger has always come up with a procedure no matter what my symptoms are at that time to remedy the pain I am experiencing. His staff is the most professional and experienced medical assistants I could ask for and always make me feel at home. Not only has Dr. Schlesinger helped me medically but also has put me in the right direction with referrals to help me in other aspects I'm experiencing having nothing to do with pain but just to help me with my mental state of mind. I'm so very glad and fortunate I have met him and how he has made my life so much more livable and a happier human being... I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Schlesinger as long as I can...

January 28th, 2011
Took Care of My Pain
I was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Schlesinger several years ago because of a degenerative disc. I have seen the DR 3 times for a series of shots and each series has produced great results - lasting as long as two years without pain.

January 5th, 2011
Dr. Schlesinger.... what a disapointment
Well, where to begin... If it was my choice I would have stopped seeing him after my first visit but unfortunately because of my insurance I did not have a choice. So basically every visit took way longer than I was told, the nurses would say that he will be with me in 5 to 10 minutes and of course that was not the case. I am having a fusion surgery on my L5 S1 and again because of my insurance this is a process that unfortunately takes months instead of weeks. I am out of work because of this injury and that has severely impacted my finances and I am having to watch every cent I spend. I let Dr. Schlesinger know this and him knowing my financial situation did not seem to care and would prescribe me Nucynta, now Nucynta is a combination pain and nerve medication but is fairly new and is not covered by my insurance so it costs around $150 for 40 pills to last me 10 days. That is something that just wont fit into my budget and me letting him know this gave me a prescription for vicodin which might as well been ib profen or tylenol. It did nothing and after numerous attempts to try to get something else that would make the pain ease up a little he gave up and told me to see my surgeon... So again because of my insurance would not be able to see the doctor until for weeks and the Dr. told me to see my general Dr. So I went and saw my general Dr. the next day told them the situation paid the co-pay which has doubled since 2010 and they called Dr. Schlesinger and said that I signed a contract saying that I am not able to get and pain medication from any other Dr. He said he would see me the following day but yet again this process has taken much longer and could have been handled weeks ago if he just took a second and thought about the situation. I took care and followed through with my "contract obligations" but he did not. Also his bedside manner is awful. I would be totally surprised if he knew what ethnicity I was and I never even saw his face and he never even acknowledged me directly... If you have to choice go and see somebody else. It is unfortunate that these Dr. are able to treat there patients this way...

September 23rd, 2010