A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Schmidt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Schmidt is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Schmidt, MD, FACS is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Transurethral Prostactectomy (TURP)
- Urinary Catheterization
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Stones (Urolithiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmidt graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Schmidt has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Columbia Alleghany Regional Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schmidt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 32 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans