Dr. Mark Schusterman MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Houston, TX

August 14th, 2016
I had surgery almost 18 years ago. He is a fabulous surgeon.

February 4th, 2016
From my initial contact with this office, I experienced nothing but the most professionalism from the staff and the doctor. No question was unanswered. Expectations and prognosis or diagnosis were completely covered and accurate. I am extremely pleased with the entire experience. the staff is the best and the doctor a true' Artiste'. He listens and his focus on the outcome paramount, he gave me 20 years.

December 21st, 2015
This office is the best. The staff and Dr is excellent.

October 27th, 2015
Knowledgeable and professional.

October 17th, 2015
Dr.Schusterman performed a vertical breast mastpexy ,breast lift. The process has been extremely smooth and thorough. I enjoyed my experience with Dr.Schusterman very much. I felt like he was very laid back and available when needed and approachable. I would highly recommend him to other patients.

May 22nd, 2015
Great Doctor!
I have had a great experience with Dr. Schusterman and his staff. Very friendly and knowledgeable. 3 weeks out and already seeing results.

June 26th, 2014
Breast Cancer Survivor
Dr. Schusterman literally "put my body back together" - physically and mentally. A mastectomy at 36 with immediate reconstruction was one of the important things that helped me get through the Big "C". Dr. Schusterman is truly the most caring and amazing doctor. Twenty five years ago - and my breast still looks great. This Doctor is at the top of the list in my book - I would, and have, recommended him to many women - after cancer and for enhancement. I would take his advice and trust his decision for any "improvements" to my body!!!

May 15th, 2014
My experience....
I think when you read and sign a consent form for surgery you don’t necessarily really acknowledge that any of the adverse outcomes described in the documents are a true possibility. However, in my case, my body rejected first the tissue expander and then the breast implant on one side. If this should happen, you will need a healthcare team that can see you through the experience so you can heal not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. Dr. Schusterman and his dedicated team of caring healthcare professionals have provided that support for me during this past year. Each time I visited Dr. Schusterman’s office, I was greeted personally and felt I was always recognized as an individual person. Several team members followed my journey through chemotherapy, hair loss, extreme fatigue, and the new short hair that eventually grew back; always providing words of encouragement. (This was not my experience in many other doctor office visits I have endured during this past year). When I doubted if I was doing everything I could to keep the implant, both Dr. Schusterman and Melanie provided reassurance and extra time “just in case” I might heal. I visited them weekly until it was clearly evident that my body was just not going to cooperate with our plans. When an implant fails and needs to be removed, there are many emotional and spiritual feelings to manage and physically it takes time for the wound to heal. Dr. Shusterman continued to follow my progress and I am truly appreciative of the caring support I have been provided. I truly believe this was a very rare occurrence for his office and everything that could be done was done. I had my final office visit today and although I am welcome to return in a year to consider another option, at this point I am comfortable to accept me as I am. Hopefully no one else would have to experience an unplanned outcome, but know if God should give you a similar life path to follow… this is the team you will want to travel with you.

August 30th, 2013
Reconstructive breast surgery
He was a surgical genius! He performed total reconstructive breast surgery after stage 3 breast cancer. A Sloan Kettering reconstructive surgeon botched the initial reconstructive surgery and thena MD Anderson reconstructive surgeon was very negative on possibility of repairing the first surgery. Then I heard about Dr Schusterman, who was the former head of MD Anderson's reconstructive surgery, he was very confident he could repair the damage and make me look normal again, it was what he did, he was a gift from God! Very complex surgery, followed by a minor surgery and tatooing a new nipple. It looks great!

March 30th, 2013
Wonderful
Dr. Schusterman is amazing!! I was in urgent need of surgery. I had visited many plastic surgeons in the Houston area and the one thing they all had in common is the belief that Dr. Schusterman is the best surgeon and he was the one for me to see. The staff was/is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Schusterman has a wonderful bedside manner. He is honest, direct, compassionate, highly knowledgeable and extremely intelligent. He scheduled me for surgery and I felt very confident in his abilities. The surgery went great and I am so very happy. Dr. Schusterman and his entire staff have been wonderful at all follow up appointments. I would and will send anyone in need of the best surgeon to Dr. Schusterman.

March 13th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor, staff and experience
Dr. Schusterman and his staff are unbelievable. They are so sweet, caring and attentive. Dr. shusterman did a wonderful job on my tummy tuck and Lipo. He made me feel beautiful again. The results are breathtaking. Not one time did I ever feel uncomfortable or out of place. Dr. Schusterman and his staff made me feel at ease and welcomed me with open arms. Any question I had was answered right away without hesitation. I am so glad that I chose Dr. Schusterman for my procedures. I now have the confidence and self esteem that I didn't have. I wake up every morning look at myself and smile, because I am a beautiful woman. And its all because of Dr. Schusterman. E.P.

March 12th, 2013
When a double mastectomy is recommended to you, it can be devastating. But if you also find out that there is a renowned breast reconstruction plastic surgeon named Mark Schusterman in your area, the anxiety is minimalized. His office is set up with the patients' comfort and best interests in mind. Starting at the front desk, the patient is made to feel both welcome and at ease. Appointment times are strictly adhered to. Once ushered to an examimning room, patients are seen by the doctor in a timely fashion and never rushed through an appointment. Dr. Schusterman answers all questions honestly and thoroughly, while never alarming the patient and making her feel that he can and will take care of anything that arises. He is a master craftsman and artist in his work. Dr. Schusterman and his staff kept a breast cancer diagnosis from being a nightmare for me. I feel extremely lucky to have been under his care and would and have recommended him to my friends and family.