Feb 4th, 2016

From my initial contact with this office, I experienced nothing but the most professionalism from the staff and the doctor. No question was unanswered. Expectations and prognosis or diagnosis were completely covered and accurate. I am extremely pleased with the entire experience. the staff is the best and the doctor a true' Artiste'. He listens and his focus on the outcome paramount, he gave me 20 years.

Dec 21st, 2015

This office is the best. The staff and Dr is excellent.

Oct 27th, 2015

Knowledgeable and professional.

Oct 17th, 2015

Dr.Schusterman performed a vertical breast mastpexy ,breast lift. The process has been extremely smooth and thorough. I enjoyed my experience with Dr.Schusterman very much. I felt like he was very laid back and available when needed and approachable. I would highly recommend him to other patients.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
May 22nd, 2015

I have had a great experience with Dr. Schusterman and his staff. Very friendly and knowledgeable. 3 weeks out and already seeing results.

Breast Cancer Survivor show details Breast Cancer Survivor
by Connie Brill on Jun 26th, 2014

Dr. Schusterman literally "put my body back together" - physically and mentally. A mastectomy at 36 with immediate reconstruction was one of the important things that helped me get through the Big "C". Dr. Schusterman is truly the most caring and amazing doctor. Twenty five years ago - and my breast still looks great. This Doctor is at the top of the list in my book - I would, and have, recommended him to many women - after cancer and for enhancement. I would take his advice and trust his decision for any "improvements" to my body!!!

My experience.... show details My experience....
by JoAnn M. on May 15th, 2014

I think when you read and sign a consent form for surgery you don’t necessarily really acknowledge that any of the adverse outcomes described in the documents are a true possibility. However, in my case, my body rejected first the tissue expander and then the breast implant on one side. If this should happen, you will need a healthcare team that can see you through the experience so you can heal not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. Dr. Schusterman and his dedicated team of caring healthcare professionals have provided that support for me during this past year. Each time I visited Dr. Schusterman’s office, I was greeted personally and felt I was always recognized as an individual person. Several team members followed my journey through chemotherapy, hair loss, extreme fatigue, and the new short hair that eventually grew back; always providing words of encouragement. (This was not my experience in many other doctor office visits I have endured during this past year). When I doubted if I was doing everything I could to keep the implant, both Dr. Schusterman and Melanie provided reassurance and extra time “just in case” I might heal. I visited them weekly until it was clearly evident that my body was just not going to cooperate with our plans. When an implant fails and needs to be removed, there are many emotional and spiritual feelings to manage and physically it takes time for the wound to heal. Dr. Shusterman continued to follow my progress and I am truly appreciative of the caring support I have been provided. I truly believe this was a very rare occurrence for his office and everything that could be done was done. I had my final office visit today and although I am welcome to return in a year to consider another option, at this point I am comfortable to accept me as I am. Hopefully no one else would have to experience an unplanned outcome, but know if God should give you a similar life path to follow… this is the team you will want to travel with you.

He left me with visible SCARS and implants placed too high up my chest show details He left me with visible SCARS and implants placed too high up my chest
by V on Sep 13th, 2013

I wanted to get a simple breast augmentation and met with this man Dr. Schusterman. He told me that he wanted to try a new procedure on me called the "tuba" for my breast implants which is making incision through the belly button and inserting the implants from there too. He promised that there will be NO visible scarring that is why I agreed to it. Well after the surgery the incision was very noticeable on my belly button but I figured it will shrink somehow. The nurse did NOT give me any cream for scarring during the post op. I am not happy with the placement of my implants, they are way too high up my chest and it looks like I am constantly flexing. It has been a few years and my scar is still very obvious and visible. I complained to him that he promised my scar would not be visble since in the beginning i told him I wanted an armpit incision but he kept pushing me to do the belly button procedure and he did not seem to care what had happened. told me he would inject my incision scar with steriods and it only made it look worse. Dr. Schusterman, you have ruined my body and I hope you enjoy all the money you make disfiguring people. Women, please spend your money else where.

Reconstructive breast surgery show details Reconstructive breast surgery
by Jamie H. on Aug 30th, 2013

He was a surgical genius! He performed total reconstructive breast surgery after stage 3 breast cancer. A Sloan Kettering reconstructive surgeon botched the initial reconstructive surgery and thena MD Anderson reconstructive surgeon was very negative on possibility of repairing the first surgery. Then I heard about Dr Schusterman, who was the former head of MD Anderson's reconstructive surgery, he was very confident he could repair the damage and make me look normal again, it was what he did, he was a gift from God! Very complex surgery, followed by a minor surgery and tatooing a new nipple. It looks great!

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by SEdwards on Mar 30th, 2013

Dr. Schusterman is amazing!! I was in urgent need of surgery. I had visited many plastic surgeons in the Houston area and the one thing they all had in common is the belief that Dr. Schusterman is the best surgeon and he was the one for me to see. The staff was/is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Schusterman has a wonderful bedside manner. He is honest, direct, compassionate, highly knowledgeable and extremely intelligent. He scheduled me for surgery and I felt very confident in his abilities. The surgery went great and I am so very happy. Dr. Schusterman and his entire staff have been wonderful at all follow up appointments. I would and will send anyone in need of the best surgeon to Dr. Schusterman.

Wonderful Doctor, staff and experience show details Wonderful Doctor, staff and experience
by Elizabeth Pelts on Mar 13th, 2013

Dr. Schusterman and his staff are unbelievable. They are so sweet, caring and attentive. Dr. shusterman did a wonderful job on my tummy tuck and Lipo. He made me feel beautiful again. The results are breathtaking. Not one time did I ever feel uncomfortable or out of place. Dr. Schusterman and his staff made me feel at ease and welcomed me with open arms. Any question I had was answered right away without hesitation. I am so glad that I chose Dr. Schusterman for my procedures. I now have the confidence and self esteem that I didn't have. I wake up every morning look at myself and smile, because I am a beautiful woman. And its all because of Dr. Schusterman. E.P.

by Barbara Eaker on Mar 12th, 2013

When a double mastectomy is recommended to you, it can be devastating. But if you also find out that there is a renowned breast reconstruction plastic surgeon named Mark Schusterman in your area, the anxiety is minimalized. His office is set up with the patients' comfort and best interests in mind. Starting at the front desk, the patient is made to feel both welcome and at ease. Appointment times are strictly adhered to. Once ushered to an examimning room, patients are seen by the doctor in a timely fashion and never rushed through an appointment. Dr. Schusterman answers all questions honestly and thoroughly, while never alarming the patient and making her feel that he can and will take care of anything that arises. He is a master craftsman and artist in his work. Dr. Schusterman and his staff kept a breast cancer diagnosis from being a nightmare for me. I feel extremely lucky to have been under his care and would and have recommended him to my friends and family.

Hair Removal show details Hair Removal
Oct 1st, 2012

I am very happy with Dr Hus, My wife a problem Hair Removal, After treatment we are living happy and relex.Thank you

Probably great at breasts, not good for faces show details Probably great at breasts, not good for faces
Aug 13th, 2012

Around 2000, Dr. Schusterman performed a browlift on me which left me horribly scarred, ear to ear. The scar from the incision is not only wide but it is not even in the hairline as it should be. His staff tried to tattoo it (never should have been done) and now I have a brick red line (because the pigment was for nipples, didn't match my skin color) above the white scar. I went to see him about it and he said in a really fake way, "Oh that looks fantastic!" when everyone I know says it looks like I've had an accident. He won't do anything about the scar. I surmise he is really great with breasts, but I wouldn't trust him again with my face. I don't appreciate the fakeness/being lied to either. Read the reviews, others have been left badly scarred by him in similar (facelift, browlift) procedures.

Have done 3 procedures with Dr. S show details Have done 3 procedures with Dr. S
Jul 28th, 2012

I had breast augmentation in 2001 by a doctor in Houston. In 2005 I ruptured my left implant somehow then 3 months later after the dr fixed it it ruptured again. He fixed it a second time but my results were terrible. The implant had too much scar tissue and calcium building around it making the implant about an inch- 2 inches higher than the other one and painful. I went to Schusterman to fix this problem and he said he could and he tooky insurance for part of the procedure. The insurance paid $19,000 and I paid $6,500. I was very pleased with the results, however at my 6 month post op visit he wasn't completely satisfied so he told me he would like to go in again free of charge and lower my implant a little more. He is definately a perfectionist. He also did a few other things for me and I am very happy with everything so far.

Bi-Lateral DIEP flap show details Bi-Lateral DIEP flap
Sep 14th, 2011

Dr Schusterman and his staff helped me during a very difficult situation. I was struggling with previous breast reconstructions from breast cancer that had harmed my body resulting in severe muscles spams, significantly deformed ribcage and a very odd appearance. I had seen other plastic surgeons, but no one had given me much hope. Dr Schusterman and his staff welcomed me to their office. He examined me and took my case immediately. It's been 10 months since the surgery and I now have soft breasts and a nice shape, two things I didn't think I would ever have again. My pain and spasms are much better and are continuing to improve. My son tells me that Dr Schusterman has given him back his mom. I wish I would have known of Dr Schusterman 6 years ago and could have had his help with my initial reconstruction.I thank God that Dr Schusterman took my case and helped me get past a very difficult time.

Double mascetomy show details Double mascetomy
Mar 15th, 2011

Dr. Schusterman and his staff could not have been more caring, loving, prayerful than they were, during a most difficult time for me. He has such sweetness and empathy, God bless him.The reconstruction could not have been better.Excellent Dr., staff and facility.

Thank You Dr Mark Schusterman show details Thank You Dr Mark Schusterman
by Rachel Johnson on Jun 11th, 2010

Dr. Schusterman did a great job. When I first met with him he saw that I was really nervous about under going surgery. He talked with me about all my options, he told me exactly what the procedure involved and how long my healing would be.