Dr. Mark Shalauta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 23rd, 2014
Dr. Shaulata has a very good bedside manner. Unfortunately I lost confidence in him after missing obvious skin cancer on myself and a hearing problem in my daughter.

October 30th, 2013
Finally, my search for the best doctor I can see is over!
It's almost as if he has been taking notes about what makes people dissatisfied with many doctors and goes out of his way to make sure that nothing like that happens. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen. He is kind and courteous. He makes eye contact, and has a great sense of humor. He makes you feel like he truly cares. He is professional and knowledgeable, and just all-around awesome. My first impression of him was awesome before I even saw him. In his patient rooms, he has flyers about how he wants his patients to focus on exercising and trying to eat right instead of a number on a scale. As someone who is healthy and fit but on the normal/overweight line for most BMI charts, it's a huge relief that I know he is not going to give me a hard time (especially with my eating disorder history in my youth and general anxiety around my weight). I just hope he never leaves Scripps Carmel Mountain!

October 24th, 2012
Amazing family doctor!
Dr. Shalauta has been my duaghters doctor sence birth and I can not say enough wonderful things about him! You can really tell hw much he cares about his patients. His nurse, Donna is also the most wonderful nurse in the world!

January 3rd, 2012
I called in that day and say Dr. Shalauta because he was the Dr on call. He was great, he seemed to care very much about figuring out what was wrong and treating it. Unfortunately a week later when I called in because I was having pains in my lungs his staff said he couldn't see me for three months. I was pretty upset about that, since having excruciatingly sharp pains in my lungs every 10-15 minutes isn't something that could wait for three months.

June 24th, 2011
Wonderful Family Doctor
Dr. Shalauta takes care of my whole family. When my son is sick, he makes an appointment for him within the same day and never rushes it, despite having to work him in between patients. His bedside manner is wonderful and he seems willing to listen to you and share his experience with you at the same time. I would HIGHLY recommend him as a family doctor.

February 17th, 2010
Real doc, real medicine
Dr. Shalauta perfectly suites my needs as my physician. He is practical, easy to talk to, compassionate but with a wonderful (but unique) sense of humor, and extremely knowledgeable. With Dr. S, I feel that I am being treated as a whole person/patient and not a combination of medical diseases. He fully endorses education and addressing wellness from all angles. I have seen Dr. S for a multitude of issues, and I gotta say, the guy knows his stuff and breaks it down in a way that I not only understand it, but appreciate what I need to do to stay well. I never feel confused or that I'm being talked at and I lam excited to play an active role in my health care. I plan to bring my entire family to Dr. S. Great doc, great office!