Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  He didn't show  |  show details
by Megan H on Nov 12th, 2013

Well so after waiting four months for an appointment with this guy he just didn't show up. I'm beyond words with how disrespectful that is, i had to take four hours off of work..I've had hives since May, it's now Nov, and he just doesn't show up! I swear I'm just amazed at how little he obviously cares about the wellbeing of his patients. He needs to shut down his practice..NOW. Don't waste your time and schedule an appointment with this man, he won't show up. Nurse said he's been in three times this year.

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
by Lisa on Apr 25th, 2013

I had an appointment today that I scheduled almost a month and a half ago. It was canceled about 5 hours before I was to come in and to my disappointment, the staff I interacted with wasn't apologetic for the inconvenience. Additionally, I wasn't accommodated in any way in trying to make a new appointment other than waiting another month and a half (until June) for a rescheduled appointment. At this point I will be looking into a new allergist as this was my first impression of the office. And sadly, when any colleagues or friends ask about my experience, this will be what I have to share.

|  this guy should retrire or tell his patients he is closing his practice  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2012

they tell you if you cancel an appointment on short notice they will charge you $50 but it is OK for them to cancel on you............like three times in a row. Needless to say I'm looking for a new allergist.

|  good luck!  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

The doctor ended up cancelling two appointments with less than an hr notice. By the time we got the call I had already driven the hour it takes us to get to his office and of course taken my child out of school to bring her there. We are not rescheduling.. But the office staff were courteous!

|  NO BEDSIDE MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
May 27th, 2011

VERY RUDE TO MYSELF AND CHILD, YELLED AT MY CHILD, TOLD MY CHILD IT WAS PARENTS FAULT FOR ALLERGIES, AND SO MUCH MORE, WE LEFT THERE AND MY CHILD WAS SCARED AND I WAS LEFT UPSET ANGRY SPEECHLESS, OF HOW WE WERE TALKED TO AND TREATED!!HE WILL NEVER NEVER EXAMINE MY CHILD AGAIN!

Dec 29th, 2010

Stay away from this doctor. I had him reported for his poor behavior. I will not go into why, but something is wrong in that office. Girls were nice but visibly frustrated with him.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

I like others think this office and doctor are horrible. My daughter was a patient for 4 years and in the last 15 months we have had our appointments cancelled EVERY time, some on the day of. I too need to take off of work to come to appointments and I was not happy. Not only that, when I called to ask questions of the Dr. he proceeded to yell at me and tell me I should know how to treat my daughter. I decided to leave the practice and when he got the release for the records, he proceeded to call me at work and harass me telling me that he was better than the place I was going and I was making a mistake. He mentioned that he was just going to rip up my request! I am so disappointed that I stayed here as long as I did and I will never be back or recommend him to anyone. The office staff is nasty too. STAY AWAY!

|  Office Unprofessional and Inconsiderate  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

I made an appt for my son who had just been diagnosed with asthma. I was told by 2 separate people that they took his insurance. I received an automated phone reminder that we were expected for his appt. a day and a half before our scheduled time. After arranging time off of work, taking my son out of school, driving an hour to their office (which included tolls) I was greeted with... "oh, I guess you didn't get my message." I was informed that they, infact, did not take my son's insurance and told that they had left a message at both my home and work for me concerning that. There were NO messages! It took 2 days for me to get to talk to the office manager about it- she was fairly unsympathetic- repeating that a message was left for me at home and on my cell- I do not even own a cell! I wasted an entire week getting my son in to see a dr- when if I was given the proper information concerning my son's insurance and in a timely manner- I could have made an appt elsewhere. Now it will be another 2 weeks before he is able to be seen by his new dr. Not happy- feel this should have been handled with a good deal more professionalism and common courtesy.

|  Unexcusable  |  show details
by Andrea Tamburri on Jun 3rd, 2010

In Dec/Jan I made an appt for my son on a friend's recommendation. Our appt was scheduled for 3/31. We were told that the appt would last 2-3hrs and both parents needed to be there. They reserved the right to cancel the appt if his paperwork was not received 2 weeks prior the appt and if we cancelled in less than 48hrs, we'd be charged $100. My husband took the day off and after much juggling, we were 20min into the commute for our 8:45am appt when the office called our cell and cancelled 35min befor the appt. I was so upset for my 4yr old who was prepared and ready for the appt. I complained to the office and the Dr did leave an apology on our answering machine. That is the only reason I thought he deserved a second chance. Our follow up was scheduled for 6/2 (2 months later!). This time my husband took a 1/2 day and I again prepared my son for the allergy testing.(He had asked me when he would see the Dr that would tell him if he could eat eggs or chocolate covered pretzels.) He has multiple food allergies. Unbelieveably, again as we were on our way the office cancelled!! Unprofessional! Heart breaking for my son.

|  Never again.....  |  show details
by Christian on Apr 7th, 2010

This Dr. definitely lives up to his name Sham and Pain. So, we had an appointment with this specialist today for my son's allergies. Not only did he want our $25 co-pay, he also wanted the remainder of our $500 deductible which was over $250. Never heard of that before, needless to say my wife canceled the appointment. We get a phone call shortly thereafter from his office. We ...are still getting billed $100 for cancel ling the appointment and not giving a 24 hr. notice. This is the same Dr. who canceled on us last month the morning of the appointment because he was sick......I wanna know why we can't just call it even. I will NEVER recommend any of my friends/family/or even Worst enemy to have to go through his office staff who obviously lie as well. Apparently, the receptionist tried my home phone and my wife's cell phone the night before to notify us of their policies. Amazingly BOTH of my phones did not work at the time she called, because our caller ID must be broke as well as our voice mail and answering machine.Zero STARS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!!! well........that didn't take long. The bill just arrived today for $100.00 for the canceled appointment from yesterday. Obviously this Dr. is not about the Patients as he so claims to be, rather he is after his own personal gains, i.e.-money. Once again, DON'T EVER GO HERE!!!! Their policies are not explained to new patients, and they expect money from the deductible to be paid up front prior to being seen. If I can deter just one patient from wasting their time and money, then I have succeeded. BTW......I would like to know when this Dr. is going to reimburse my family for OUR TIME lost when my wife had to take off of work for the first appointment HE canceled

Jan 15th, 2010

Dr. Shampain overall was not a nice doctor. He had a terrible bedside manner when it came to my 3 year old daughter. He also treated my husband and I with disrespect. He thought he was better than us and treated us like we did not know things. He also tried to talk us into getting shots for our daughter that we did not want. He was very vocal in regards to not using Tylenol indicating it was like rat poison. We will not be returning to him and will not recommend him to anyone!

Oct 19th, 2009

double board certified, very experienced, willing to work with patients to achieve satisfactory results - these are very rare qualities, and a true mark of an excellent physician.