Dr. Mark Shaya, MD
Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Disabled show details Disabled
by Gregg Marnane on Sep 17th, 2016

I have had to endure a total of 5 neck surgeries, 3 failed and the 2 corrective. The first surgery Dr. Shaya performed was to remove a plate that was pressing on my esophagus, touching on my thyroid gland and also pressing on my soft tissue, and to also remove the bone spurs. This was all confirmed by MRI, CT and X-ray. The second was to do a bilatteral laminectomy & foraminotomy. These were two very complicated surgeries and Dr. Shaya knowing what I had been through was very compassionate and empathetic towards me. It was a lot to endure but I am fortunate to have had a good Dr. to help me through one of the most difficult times in my life. From experience I can tell you in todays world there are not a lot of Drs like Dr. Shaya. He is honest and sincere and will go out of his way to help you. I am truly grateful for all Dr. Shaya has done to help me.

by JorgeC on Sep 12th, 2016

Extremely knowledgeable about my diagnosis. Great caring doctor that dedicates time to explain you condition and remedies.

Top Doc show details Top Doc
by Harold Smith on Apr 27th, 2016

You cant go wrong with Doc Shaya, one Of the Best!!!

Apr 19th, 2016

Very satisfied

My savior!!!! show details My savior!!!!
by Oralia Fernandez on Mar 29th, 2016

Excellent surgeon, very professional and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend to everyone!!!

Mar 22nd, 2016

I saw Dr. Shaya because I told my neurologist I wanted a second opinion from another neurosurgeon. The first neurosurgeon said everything was fine and sent me to pain management. Dr. Shaya was the second opinion. He ordered CT scans and Xrays which the first doctor did not. The CT scans clearly showed that a part of my lumbar fusion had failed and that was causing my pain.

by T. H. on Mar 16th, 2016

Excellent experience with my neck surgery in January. 2 discs repaired, Doctors Hospital is top notch!

Feb 17th, 2016

el doctor Mark,es un brillante neurocirujano,fue capaz de aliviar un dolor en mi espalda de 5 anos,que ningun otro pudo hacer,ni encontrar la causa,yo estoy muy satisfecha con lo que hizo por mi,y volveria donde el sin pensarlo y todo el que le pueda recomendar lo hare

Multi-Level ACDF show details Multi-Level ACDF
by C. Jeff Dillard on Feb 9th, 2016

Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience was good. We were only in town for a couple of weeks and he made time to see us at the beginning and was able accommodate us, including surgery and recovery, we didn't even have to change our plans. His bedside manor is excellent! He is confident, without being arrogant, he took time with us, to go over records, MRI's, answered all our questions and was able to put us at ease in a stressful situation. We had been to Mayo Clinic twice for consultations, but in my experience, for a fusion, would recommend Dr Shaya above Mayo Clinic. He is caring and compasionate as was the staff at Adventura Hospital.

Jan 30th, 2016

The best around.

There are not many doctors like him anymore. show details There are not many doctors like him anymore.
by Oscar Cardona on Jan 25th, 2016

It's very rare to find a surgeon in miami who is exceptionally skilled and equally compassionate and personable . There are not many doctors like him anymore. I was with lot of pain and bladder retention with risk of permanent neurological deficit when i meet Dr Shaya : I'm super happy I found him. I highly recommend Dr Shaya as a skilled surgeon! My surgery was an overwhelming success, with very little downtime. Not only were there NO COMPLICATIONS with the surgery, my recovery was uncomplicated and rapid, Dr Shaya staff is kind, helpful and most personable as well. Give them a try if you have spinal issues! and will never regret this decision Es muy raro encontrar a un cirujano que es excepcionalmente calificado e igualmente compasivo y agradable. Ya no existen médicos como él. Yo estaba con mucho dolor de espalda y sin poder orinar, con riesgo de déficit neurológico permanente cuando me encuentro con el Dr. Shaya: Estoy súper feliz que me lo encontré. Recomiendo altamente Dr. Shaya como un cirujano experto! Mi cirugía fue un éxito rotundo, con muy poco tiempo de inactividad. No sólo estaban allí sin complicaciones con la cirugía, mi recuperación fue sencilla y rápida, el personal del Dr. Shaya es amable, servicial y muy agradable. Pruébalo si tienes problemas de la columna vertebral! y nunca se arrepentirá de tomar esta decisión

I have my quality of life back! Thank you Doctor Shaya! show details I have my quality of life back! Thank you Doctor Shaya!
by J. Rogers on Nov 29th, 2015

Excellent Treatment and Excellent Results

He gets a 5 Star review from me show details He gets a 5 Star review from me
by CP, PSL. on Nov 15th, 2015

I had C-Spine Surgery three levels in 2011 with Dr. Shaya and since that I have had no pain or problems and I have full movement of my neck,I would highly recommend him for any patient with c-spine injury.

Facial Pain Success show details Facial Pain Success
by FH on Nov 6th, 2015

Dr Shaya performed neurosurgery on me 4 years ago for Trigeminal neuralgia. I had been in intermittent pain for a decade and in the year prior to my surgery I had several bouts of intense pain, one lasting a week. I was heavily dosed with Tegretol and neurontin which helped subdue the pain but it would still break through and I was constantly drowsy and fatigued. Dr Shaya performed a decompression of the nerve behind my ear. Since the surgery I have had ZERO pain. I quickly regained my strength and confidence. I have since been working in demanding positions with the military in remote locations around the world without pain and the scar is so small no one , not even me can tell I've had surgery. Thank you Dr Shaya for 100% success.

GREAT! show details GREAT!
Oct 29th, 2015

Highly Recommended! Sought treatment two times prior with different surgeons. Dr. Shaya was the only doctor who properly helped me.

Oct 15th, 2015

I recommend doing surgery at Doctors Hospital. I am recovering very well from my neck surgery last month with Doctor Shaya and his team.

Surgery at Aventura Hospital show details Surgery at Aventura Hospital
by William Bunn, Big Pine Key, FL on Oct 12th, 2015

I want to share my testimony about Dr Shaya with the Internet. Recently I researched spinal surgeons in the Miami area, and chose to see Dr Shaya regarding severe and constant back pain I had been enduring for over a year. After an MRI, which showed severe stenosis of my lower spine, he operated on me at Aventura Spinal institute and with in three weeks of major sugary, I am pleased to have my life back! I absolutely recommend Dr Mark Shaya as a neuro surgeon, and also commend the entire staff at Aventura Hospital, right down to the cooks and house cleaning people.

Excellent!! show details Excellent!!
Oct 6th, 2015

Excellent results. Great bedside manner. Compassionate and caring staff.

Great outcome show details Great outcome
by Anonymous on Sep 16th, 2015 on doctor.com

Reduced my lumbar and leg pain significantly. This was my second surgery after another surgeon didn't do adequate job. Recommended highly.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
re: GUARANTEED HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF BECOMING PAIN FREE show details re: GUARANTEED HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF BECOMING PAIN FREE
by L. Adelman on Aug 23rd, 2015

After having treatments of torture with misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis, I had the good fortune of finding Dr. Shaya. I bought my x rays and reports to Dr Shaya. An extensive examination, reports read, x rays reviewed, doctor came up with an accurate diagnosis, operative treatment plan and told me I would awake after surgery with a high percentage of being pain free. He was so precise and correct, my recommendation is Dr. Shaya! He is the best choice for fixing your neurological medical needs. Thank you so very much for making my quality of life better Dr. Shaya.

Aug 8th, 2015

I would like to share my comments about Dr. Shaya. To me there are no words to tell you what a phenomenal physician and surgeon he is. I am a nurse and since 2010 my husband started having back problems. I am a medical professional that obtains feedback from physicians I work with and patients who has had procedures done by the physicians and surgeons I take family to and I also see. My husband had 5 surgeries since 2010, he has had 3 laminectomies, 2 fusions at the C 3,4,5,6 levels.The 2nd fusion was a result of a screw coming out and falling into his throat. The entire surgery had to be repeated and the screw had to be removed. The laminectomies did not provide relief on this lower back and his R leg became more and more painful, weaker, and he got to the point of having a very hard time walking. We have had epidurals repeatedly, acupuncture. I tell you all of this to give you background on all we did. I then begin again to research for a top spinal surgeon, I think God lead up to Dr. Mark Shaya!! He met with us for 15 minutes and said you need to have your lower back fused. My husband is now 1 month post surgery, from the 1st day post surgery the pain was gone, completely gone in his right leg. Dr. Shaya cut his entire back open, something that scared us as other surgeons had told us the infection rate for this surgery is so high. Dr Shaya said none of that, he said that was needed for him to regain any quality of life. I think this man is beyond words of praise, he is precise, tells you what you need and you decide what you want to do. Please to all you that are waiting, scared, and getting worse, please, please contact Dr. Shaya. I wish so badly we would have done this 3 years ago. My husband would have never gotten to the point he did. We have a road to recovery, building his right leg's strength back up, getting his balance back, but each day is a move forward. He is off pain pills ( he has been on for 3 years). He is motivated to get his life and activities back. Don't wait like we did, there is help and Dr. Shaya is your help. He is honest and tells you like it is. He takes excellent care of you and truly helps you. His ability and knowledge exceeds any other neuro surgeon we saw. He is beyond your expectations and you will start to live a normal life again. Sorry this is so long but it is so important to let patients know there IS someone that can help you. Any family member or patient that would like to call us, the office is free to give you our number, if our story makes a difference it your life and to your family it is worth it. Please, Please don't wait like we did, Dr. Shaya can make such a difference in your life. Thank you.

Confident and Master Technician show details Confident and Master Technician
by Aileen W. on Jul 6th, 2015

After discovering that a bone spur in my cervical vertebrae was pressing dangerously against my spinal cord, and spinal stenosis eliminated any space for the cord to move, I was told I was at serious risk for spinal cord injury and paralysis. The prominent neurosurgeon in my area refused to perform surgery because the risk was too great. After several more consultations, no two neurosurgeons could agree on a surgical solution. The last surgeon I consulted suggested that no doctor in my area was skilled enough to help me, and I should check surgeons affiliated with University of Miami Hospital. I selected Dr. Shaya after going to sites like this one, knowing I needed an exceptional surgeon. I was pleased to get an appointment so quickly as I was told my situation needed attention as soon as possible. He had already reviewed my MRI and explained his surgical solution in great detail, patiently answering all of our questions. We discussed the risks that prompted the other surgeons to refuse to treat me, and he displayed quiet confidence in his ability and experience to give me a successful outcome. My husband and I knew we had finally found the right surgeon. The surgery was done in two parts in order to lower the risk of spinal cord injury. First a posterior lamenectomy to open a little room for the spinal cord, and then an anterior cervical corpectomy with fusion to remove four damaged vertebrae and the bone spur that pressed against the cord. After the second surgery I had immediately relief from the severe pain I had been dealing with and full function returned to my arm. During my hospital stay Dr. Shaya was completely in charge of my care and I saw him every day. We truly believe that our fervent prayers led us to Dr Shaya , and that he saved me from being paralyzed at the hands of a lessor skilled surgeon. He deserves to be considered one of the, if not the, top neurosurgeon in the state.

by James Smith on Jun 12th, 2015

Outstanding surgeon! Dr Shaya performed both cervical and lumbar surgery on my spine with excellent results.

back injection show details back injection
by D. H on May 21st, 2015

I had an injection four weeks ago and it's definitely better. Very friendly staff. Doctor is easy to talk to.

Successful surgery. Great bedside manner. show details Successful surgery. Great bedside manner.
by Richard W. on Mar 30th, 2015

Everything about my experience exceeded my expectations. Dr. Shaya is a talented surgeon and a wonderful person.

Great! Great! Great! show details Great! Great! Great!
by Nancy on Mar 27th, 2015

Exceptional care and treatment. Amazing surgeon.

Very nice practice. show details Very nice practice.
by Wendy on Mar 25th, 2015

I met with Dr. Shaya for the first time to consult me on my cervical spine condition. I have been extremely anxious after seeing a few neurosurgeons prior. Dr. Shaya calmed my nerves (which takes a lot) and made me feel much more at ease with my upcoming surgery. I'm looking forward to getting this over with and go on with my life. I highly recommend Dr. Shaya at least for initial consultation, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Spine surgery is overwhelming, but doesn't have to be if you have a comforting and confident doctor.

by Isidora rodriguez on Mar 19th, 2015

es un muy buen doctor y lo recomiendo a todos.

Just Excellent !!! show details Just Excellent !!!
by Alejandro C. on Mar 3rd, 2015

My recovery was fast and I owe it all to his magical hands and team, I had a three level fusion C4, C5, and C6 and was playing golf in 50 days

Feb 25th, 2015

Very happy with my wife's care

by Christie Thompson on Feb 19th, 2015

Amazing. This Hero changed my life. After tons of doctors, Shaya saved my life!

A Surgeon. Great recovery. show details A Surgeon. Great recovery.
Feb 3rd, 2015

Had surgery on my spine. My recovery was remarkable. Everything went smoothly. Highly recommend.

Successful surgery. Great doctor. show details Successful surgery. Great doctor.
Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr Shaya was wonderful. Surgery went perfectly. I'm pain free. Consultations and follow ups were easy to schedule and all my questions were answered. Staff is friendly. Everything was perfect. Thank you, doctor. You are truly a talented, sincere, wonderful person who made my life exponentially better.

by V. Dyer on Jan 23rd, 2015

DR. Shaya operated on me when other doctors were afraid. He told me that he could help me and he has helped me. I do not have the kind of pain that I had before the surgery.

Mr show details Mr
by Eduardo Luxardo on Oct 7th, 2014

I suffered excruciating sciatica pain down through my left leg in and out for 2 years with alternate treatment (cortisone shots), I also tried physical therapy to stop the pain but nothing worked and some therapies made the pain worse. In 2013, I decided to be seen by Dr. Shaya, and diagnosed me as having a lower veretebras compressing the spine nerve, He operated on those lower vertebras and totally eliminated my pain. Not only did he stop the sciatica, but the elimination of that pain relaxed a series of connected muscles of my back, and shoulders. Now, I really feel very, very good right now, and, I can work and concentrate without pain in my work. thank yoy Dr Shaya!

Top Notch Surgeon show details Top Notch Surgeon
by TC on Sep 19th, 2014

I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Shaya. I had herniated discs, spinal stenosis, compressed nerves and a sacral cyst. I was having back pain, along with bilateral burning nerve pain in the groin and thigh area to the point I was beginning to have no quality of life. I went to other doctors prior to meeting Dr. Shaya, and only Dr. Shaya was able to immediately pinpoint my problem with compressed nerves, etc. He was confident in his recommendation to me for surgery if I wanted any chance to get better. I had a bilateral laminectomy L3, L4, L5, S1 and foraminotomies where the nerves were decompressed. The tarlov cyst at S2 was shrunk down. (Dr Shaya is one of a few doctors in the country who is skilled in treating these kind of cysts). I have heard the horror stories out there with those who have had failed back surgery by other doctors, but Dr. Shaya was reassuring with his expertise. I was also impressed with Dr Shaya's no-nonsense approach and his accessibility and quick response to questions. He understands when patients are in pain and I was able to have my surgery promptly scheduled. Dr. Shaya was receptive and accommodating when it came to my medical needs and recovery in the hospital. I had my surgery about 6 months ago without any complications, and by my 3rd month I was starting to feel much better with significant improvement to the point where I felt I got my life back! For this, I am very grateful, and would highly recommend Dr. Shaya as a brilliant, thorough and compassionate surgeon. Thank you, Dr. Shaya!

very professional doc and thorough staff show details very professional doc and thorough staff
by A.L. on Jun 1st, 2014

I was here for a second opinion. He spent about 20 minutes going over my films with me with a spine model. I had a full neurological exam which was normal. We decided that I should get repeat MRI in a few months. I have a neck condition and being cared for by a pain doctor in Broward.

Best Doctor! show details Best Doctor!
by Eulina Riccio on Apr 6th, 2014

Thanks to Dr. Shaya I have been pain-free for a year now. I'm glad I found the right doctor to fix my back problems and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I waited a year to write this review because I wanted to make sure that the surgery was successful and I have never felt better. Thank you Dr. Shaya, you're the best!

by Stephen Schaurer on Mar 20th, 2014

Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. I was first diagnosed with a bulging L5 disk, spondylolisthesis in 1992, and visited a surgeon (MRI, surgery not recommended), a chiropractor, a network chiropractor (helpful), and a physical therapist, who gave me simple exercises which eliminated the pain for 20 years. In the fall of 2013, the pain was relentless and PT was no longer helpful. After a visit to the ER and a CT scan, I was given pain killers and a list of a dozen surgeons and advised to consider surgery as soon as possible. I researched the surgeons listed. Dr. Shaya was consistently top-of-the-list. The surgery eliminated the pain. Dr. Shaya explained my condition and answered my questions clearly, and his staff was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Dr. Shaya.

Dr. Shaya is a Great Doctor. show details Dr. Shaya is a Great Doctor.
by Patricia Gamble on Mar 12th, 2014

Dr. Shaya listened to me. I felt like he heard me when I was describing what was going on with my body. I felt like he was treating me as an individual case, not as a run of the mill. He understood about my work schedule and my medical request for negligible narcotics.

Happy with result show details Happy with result
by D. F. on Dec 22nd, 2013 on doctor.com

Was really intimidated with back surgery but I had a great surgeon and the experience was not as bad as I thought, I'm one year after surgery and ever ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Patient show details Patient
by Elizabeth Perez-Montes on Oct 24th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Shaya was amazing. I am a 36 female who suffered from chronic lower back pain and sciatica for three (3) years. During the last few months I was walking with a cane taking all types of medication for pain and including high blood pressure medications. When I met Dr. Shaya he assured me that after L4, L5 Laminectomy with fusion I would be fine. I trusted him, went to surgery and I can honestly say that I got my life back. Immediately after surgery I had no sciatica pain. I am now 1 month post operative, no longer taking pain medications nor high blood pressure meds and I am walking, exercising and doing everything I couldn't do before. Thank you Dr. Shaya You helped me gain my life again. I highly recommend Dr. Shaya and his friendly and helpful staff.

honest show details honest
by Max P on Sep 12th, 2013

Surprised that he recommended non-surgical options and traction and I'm somewhat better without surgery. If I need surgery in the future, I will return no doubt.

Remarkable Recovery! show details Remarkable Recovery!
by Felisa T. on Jul 15th, 2013

I was scared at first to have the surgery on my spine but, I don't regret it. I am 48 years old and I had terrible back pain. It was so bad that I couldn't even kneel down and had trouble standing straight after sitting down for a few minutes. But, after the surgery it all went away. I feel no more pain or discomfort from my back. Two weeks after the surgery I was walking like if I didn't just have major surgery. If i had to have nuro surgery again i would choose Dr. Shaya. This doctor is outstanding. I highly recommend him.

Jul 9th, 2013

DR.SHAYA IS THE KINDEST MAN I HAVE EVER MET. HE OPERATED ON MY SPINE WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CERVICAL STENOSIS.NOT TO MENTION THE EXCEPTIONAL STAFF HE HAS WORKING FOR HIM. THE TWO LADIES IN THE FRONT THAT TOOK MY APPOINTMENT WERE SO KIND AND SWEET AND MADE SURE THAT I WAS IN AND OUT AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE THERE NAMES ARE YOHANDRA & JELACY. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE IN SEARCH OF A NEUROSURGEON.HE IS THE FILET MIGNON OF ALL DOCTORS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. HIGHLY RANKED. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK HIM AND HIS AMAZING STAFF FOR HELPING ME OUT AND BEING SO KIND. -ANONYMOUS

what a fine Doctor. show details what a fine Doctor.
by Marque Mccaw on Jun 5th, 2013

I have had two surgeries from Dr. Mark Shaya. One to stabilize two compression fractures. Which I have no pain or problems with what so ever. My second was to decompress my c1 through t4 vertebra with Kyphosis correction. Whitch came out quite well. Just an example of how through he is, when I woke up after surgery I had a choice of four different pain meds to pick from. I wish he could be my family doctor as well!!

by Sam Bassam on May 13th, 2013

I had a back surgery less than a month ago that involved spinal fusion of 2 discs and laminectomy of a 3rd one. Being in the medical field, I had spent at least 2 weeks researching a neurosurgeons that I can trust with this surgery. Dr Shaya got excellent reviews and always topped any list of recommendations I could find. I got to experience the excellent service first hand when I made my first appointment to see him. The office staff were excellent and friendly. Dr Shaya is an intelligent physician, direct to the point and gives a convincing explanation to any treatment plan including surgery if needed. I had the surgery done in less than 2 weeks from the time and I saw him, and the recovery is going extremely well considering it was an invasive surgery. I highly recommend him, and very grateful to this man.

L5-S1 Discectomy for Herniated Disc show details L5-S1 Discectomy for Herniated Disc
by Manuel Diaz on May 8th, 2013

I am a patient of 22 years old, who has spinal stenosis and had a severe herniated disc which I worked through for 2 years. In the beginning, the pain appeared in the right glute and progressed into my foot the last two weeks prior to surgery, in which I had only stopped vigorous exercise about a month prior to surgery. My troubles I believe were caused to heavy weight-lifting and improper treatment. Upon having surgery with Shaya, I immediately noticed improvement in my back and right leg, with the shooting pain down my back having disappeared. It is now a bit over a month, and I am now sleeping normally and still pain-free. I am very thankful to him for his treatment, and very content with the results up to now.

Army paratrooper ACDF, Dr. Shaya is awesome show details Army paratrooper ACDF, Dr. Shaya is awesome
by Rob. H. on Apr 28th, 2013

6 years jumping out of planes had caused me some back pain. After 2 years of pills, Physical Therapy, Shots, massage, electrode therapy, witch doctors, and medicine men, I finally found the one Doctor who is no nonsense. He has fixed at least 3 fellow paratroopers that I know who recommended him. My father had the same symptoms as me when he was my age and is now much worse for wear because he waited. I had an MRI and X-ray, sat down with DR Shaya after a 15 minute wait. He immediately saw the problem and explained my surgery wasn't urgent but it would be in a year or so. 6 weeks after the operation I was back to lifting light weights and the pain is almost gone. I am suggesting him to my father as his surgery done by another doctor has not helped. Dr. Shaya is absolutely a genius.

a success story show details a success story
by Terry on Apr 21st, 2013

A friend and neurosurgical nurse told me to see Dr Shaya after my diagnosis of a tumor inside my spinal cord. She worked in the NY/NJ area and Florida and said she would only go to him. He successfully removed the tumor. Another physician working with Dr Shaya told me he thought no other neurosurgeon could have performed this surgery with positive results. Mark Shaya is caring, follows up, and is always available. I have my life back. And I have a hero who through an incredible surgical skill has allowed me to continue walking.

Laminectomy show details Laminectomy
by Harold T on Mar 2nd, 2013

I am a 48 year old male who has experienced Sciatica from time to time over the last several years. In Jan 2013 the pain became intolerable and I went to the ER. Simple tasks like walking or standing would nearly bring me to tears. I was diagnosed with a herniated disk and stenosis. An MRI was ordered and I was referred to Dr Shaya. During my first visit with Dr Shaya I was impressed with his direct, no nonsense approach. He reviewed the imaging with me and immediately determined that I needed surgery on L2-L5 ASAP. Surgery took place 4 days later and the relief of the debilitating pain was immediate and complete! It has now been one month since the surgery, I have had zero complications, and I am feeling stronger every day. Dr Shaya truly restored my quality of life!

Yvette Pascal show details Yvette Pascal
Nov 13th, 2012

Dr Mark Shaya after Good is for me # 1and he is the best

Aug 8th, 2012

I am Mark R. Shaya's Patient. I am very satisfied with his work. I have had two operations with him , and both have been for the better. Thanks to him my pain has eased. He is very professional and is also a great person.

Superior Specialist Brain Surgery show details Superior Specialist Brain Surgery
Jul 20th, 2012

I was very lucky this spectacular surgon saw me and had a great outcome from a large brain tumor. Dr, Mark Shaya is the finest surgon in Miami or at any hospital. I saw patients walk from serious spinal trauma. He saved my life.

Jul 10th, 2012

I have seen several doctors with no success. After seeing Dr.Shaya, he performed surgery immediately, relieving my headaches, improving my vision, and also giving me the ability to move my neck. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a highly trained and skilled neurosurgeon.

BEST DOCTOR ! show details BEST DOCTOR !
Jun 7th, 2012

very very happy with Dr.Shaya Mark I'am so happy my Husband has no pain and he's of his meds, my God Bless him allways. the Gil's family.

Brilliant Doctor! show details Brilliant Doctor!
Jun 2nd, 2012

Dr. Shaya is a wonderful surgeon who's knowledge and skills gave me a new lease on life through a lumbar lamenectomy. I am now enjoying activities that I otherwise would never had been able to. I highly recommend others with back issues seek out Dr. Shaya as you will find it well worth your time.

paciente show details paciente
May 30th, 2012

Tanto el staff como el doctor, son extraordinarios, les estoy muy agradecido por su profecionalismo.

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
May 26th, 2012

Had neck surgery last week. Could not be happier. My arm pain is gone! My neck cracking has disappeared. Dr. Shaya is the best around.

top notch show details top notch
May 9th, 2012

Awesome doc who is highly recommended by everyone I have spoken to. expect long waits for any visit but that is probably because he is taking the time to check on his patients or fully diagnose them. I have had two surgeries with him and one procedure and he initially was my 2nd opinion. I highly recommend him.

Dr. Shaya is the best show details Dr. Shaya is the best
Apr 25th, 2012

He was my third and last opinion. I should have started here. Cervical ACDF. Pain almost 95 percent gone and getting better every day. I could not be happier.

Apr 14th, 2012

So professional, so dedicated, thank you

Claro Perez, Patient show details Claro Perez, Patient
Apr 5th, 2012

My dad had lost his will to live due to a number of years of living with severe back pain due to an injury. Dr. Shaya performed a decompression about a month ago and he is recovering very nicely. He is very confident of a full recovery as he noticed a remarkable improvement hours after the surgery. We are very grateful to Dr. Shaya and his staff for the loving care and professionalism shown on our journey.

Mar 9th, 2012

Dr. Mark R. Shaya operated my lower back due to L1-S1 stenosis with instability. The operation was a total success. I had lost total control of my right foot and had weakness on both my lower legs. After surgery & rehab I gained control of my right foot and strength on my legs. He is a no nonsense straight shooter. I can highly recommend him to my family and friends. A first class surgeon and person.

Cannot say enough great things! show details Cannot say enough great things!
Feb 14th, 2012

Great, caring doctor and great staff. nowledgeable. Surgery performed help me with all my problems. Extremely happy with the result.

I am walking today show details I am walking today
Jan 6th, 2012

A neurosurgical nurse with years of experience recommended Dr Shaya. She said there was only one neurosurgeon that I should considerwith my particular problem. There was a possibility that I would be paralyzed from my waist down. One year later I am walking with no pain. A truly gifted, skilled, and caring physician.

FOLLOW-UP / FEES RECONSIDERED show details FOLLOW-UP / FEES RECONSIDERED
Dec 20th, 2011

After further discussion with this practice, they agreed to waive the fees associated with completing STD/FMLA forms so that the patient could avail himself of his short term disability coverage. This was much appreciated.

Best in town show details Best in town
Dec 16th, 2011

I had cervical surgery last month, I am completely cured of the pain I had over half a year.Dr. Shaya is super and his office is very nice and organized.He was my FOURTH opinion and I am happy I went with him.

Richard Pappa show details Richard Pappa
Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr Shaya is the most professional and knowledgeable Dr. in the medical field I have ever known. His diagnosis was spot on and his operative skill must have been God sent. My life is now pain free and I can walk without fear of collasping. He is a Man that treats you with compassion but not pamper. His assistant surgical team also of the highest of accolades.

Sep 16th, 2011

Glad I went for a second opinion!

May 9th, 2011

Very careful and thoughtful doctor. I was very pleased to have my husband cared for by Dr. Shaya and his staff

Dr. Shaya is God show details Dr. Shaya is God
Mar 18th, 2011

Dr. Shaya is the best neurosurgeon in Miami. I considered going to the University of Miami, but I just didn't want a resident working on me.Dr. Shaya is super skilled and a great guy.If you want the best care in Miami, go to him hands down.

Mar 8th, 2009

I had lumbar surgery with Dr. Shaya. He fixed me perfectly and I recommend him. The best around!