Overall Review

4.8

October 15th, 2016
Twice blessed!
This is the second time I have had surgeries with Dr. Shaya. The first surgery had gone wrong when a metal plate securing some fused cervical vertebrae migrated through the bone due to osteoporosis indenting the spinal cord. It took remarkable skill to remove the appliance and Dr Shaya had a rep from the manufacturer present to provide information. The rest of the surgery was clean up and repair of the previous fusions. In order to stabilize the neck another surgery was planned posteriorly with input from fellow surgeons. Ultimately the entire neck was stabilized from C2 through T1 through fusion of C2 through C7 and placement of screws bilaterally in C2 through T1 and locked into 2 rods. My neck was now aligned with no complications. Today I had an X-Ray for my follow up visit. What I saw on the computer screen was absolutely beautiful to me. Dr. Shaya is an exemplary surgeon that strives to give his patients the best possible outcome. I have been twice blessed!

October 15th, 2016
All the way from Naples
Excellent Dr. He has operated on my back 2 times. 2nd was not a corrective, Generative spine disease.

September 17th, 2016
Disabled
I have had to endure a total of 5 neck surgeries, 3 failed and the 2 corrective. The first surgery Dr. Shaya performed was to remove a plate that was pressing on my esophagus, touching on my thyroid gland and also pressing on my soft tissue, and to also remove the bone spurs. This was all confirmed by MRI, CT and X-ray. The second was to do a bilatteral laminectomy & foraminotomy. These were two very complicated surgeries and Dr. Shaya knowing what I had been through was very compassionate and empathetic towards me. It was a lot to endure but I am fortunate to have had a good Dr. to help me through one of the most difficult times in my life. From experience I can tell you in todays world there are not a lot of Drs like Dr. Shaya. He is honest and sincere and will go out of his way to help you. I am truly grateful for all Dr. Shaya has done to help me.

September 12th, 2016
Extremely knowledgeable about my diagnosis. Great caring doctor that dedicates time to explain you condition and remedies.

April 27th, 2016
Top Doc
You cant go wrong with Doc Shaya, one Of the Best!!!

April 19th, 2016
Very satisfied

March 29th, 2016
My savior!!!!
Excellent surgeon, very professional and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend to everyone!!!

March 22nd, 2016
I saw Dr. Shaya because I told my neurologist I wanted a second opinion from another neurosurgeon. The first neurosurgeon said everything was fine and sent me to pain management. Dr. Shaya was the second opinion. He ordered CT scans and Xrays which the first doctor did not. The CT scans clearly showed that a part of my lumbar fusion had failed and that was causing my pain.

March 16th, 2016
Excellent experience with my neck surgery in January. 2 discs repaired, Doctors Hospital is top notch!

February 17th, 2016
el doctor Mark,es un brillante neurocirujano,fue capaz de aliviar un dolor en mi espalda de 5 anos,que ningun otro pudo hacer,ni encontrar la causa,yo estoy muy satisfecha con lo que hizo por mi,y volveria donde el sin pensarlo y todo el que le pueda recomendar lo hare

February 9th, 2016
Multi-Level ACDF
Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience was good. We were only in town for a couple of weeks and he made time to see us at the beginning and was able accommodate us, including surgery and recovery, we didn't even have to change our plans. His bedside manor is excellent! He is confident, without being arrogant, he took time with us, to go over records, MRI's, answered all our questions and was able to put us at ease in a stressful situation. We had been to Mayo Clinic twice for consultations, but in my experience, for a fusion, would recommend Dr Shaya above Mayo Clinic. He is caring and compasionate as was the staff at Adventura Hospital.

January 30th, 2016