Dr. Mark Silver Is this you?

1 Rating with 1 Comment

Dissatisfied

Showing 1 Rating with 1 Comment

August 24th, 2012

Poor and disrespectful treatment

I presented to the ER with torticollis, a very painful recurrent condition I have dealt with since I was 16. I was seen for all of two minutes, then asked what I was normally given, which I answered truthfully. The doctor left, then came back 20 minutes later to tell me that because I had presented at the hospital with a similar problem (mid back muscle spasm most likely related to my condition) that he would not give me the medications usually used to treat my condition (one of which is a schedule 3 painkiller) and would instead be giving me a different medication which I had been put on before and did not work. When I attempted to voice my concern and try to suggest an alternate form of non-scheduled medication he walked away on me and gave me only a two day supply of the ineffective medication. We do have a drug problem in our state so I can understand his hesitancy, but the moment he made the judgement that I could be one of those seeking drugs he had no interest in what I had to say and treated me utterly without respect, despite the fact that I was suffering and have a documented history of this problem. I have never in all my life been treated so poorly at a hospital.

COPD