Dr. Mark Sklar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 29th, 2016
Generally excellent, though has recently stopped accepting any insurance
He's treated me for almost ten years, and I generally found him to be great, though could not get him to weigh in on my early onset osteoporosis. I think, though it is an endocrinology area, it's not his particular specialty (he does diabetes & thyroid), which I get, but wish he had referred me to another endocrinologist who does specialize in it. Other than that, no complaints about him at all. And he calls you with any lab results, which I appreciate. If only he had not decided to cast adrift by pulling out of insurance plans. His staff is pretty bad, though, especially the receptionist and the "nurse" (actually a doctor, but lacks practicing credentials in the U.S.). They will both argue with you over anything and give me a headache.

December 13th, 2010
Dr. Sklar
He is an amazing doctor who truly cares about the health of each of us patients

October 5th, 2010
Great Experience
Generally excellent; he forgot to introduce himself in the beginning of the appt but after that it went well. Spent a lot of time explaining what my condition was and what my treatment options were. Made sure I saw a pathologist in his office to do the biopsy immediately and even checked to see if she took my insurance (I was impressed that he even cared!). Phoned me with the results of the biopsy in a few days and gave me several suggestions for surgeons. All in all, great job!

October 4th, 2010
Is the best doctor I have had, great manner spend a lot of time explaining. Very very competent and a great diagnostician. He listen to the patient and he is a human being on top of being a great doctor.Excellent staff courteous and very professional.

July 10th, 2009
Poor Communication
I saw Dr. Sklar for several years until recently, and judged him to be a fine doctor. However, in 2008, he neglected to notify me that he was no longer accepting my insurance. At my last appointment, the front-office person said to me at check-in, "You have a $20 co-pay; would you like to pay it now?" which I did, so of course, I was quite surprised, soon thereafter, to receive a bill from Dr. Sklar showing a balance, which insurance had always paid before. I feel this is a matter of principle and business ethics. If I had been informed that he was no longer accepting my insurance, I would have changed doctors (I have since done so) so as not to incur charges beyond my co-pay. I thought we had a good doctor-patient relationship, but I never even received so much as an apology, just payment demands and an insulting letter from his office manager.

July 1st, 2009
an honest-to-goodness medical practitioner
Dr Sklar actually practices medicine. He's not in the "doctor business" like so many of his colleagues. He is also an excellent diagnostician. He doesn't just read numbers on a chart; he reads people.I had been to a lot of different doctors. He is the only one that made me feel any better. And my condition got better to boot!He's quick to follow up personally with new information or results.I wish there were more like him.Hey, and his staff is great too.

June 16th, 2009
Awesome Doc He Really Cares
Dr. Sklar is a really good doctor. He is attentive, and very knowledgeable. He was a referral from another doctor.

March 9th, 2009
Excellent Doctor.
Dr. Sklar is the ultimate professional. His staff is friendly and Caring. Dr. Sklar is the best Dr. in Washington, DC. I highly reccommend him.

January 6th, 2009
The Man at the front/phone answerer
This man is the most difficult person. Has the audacity to argue with you about previous medical experience AND INSTRUCT you where you went wrong when all your trying to do is get an appt. Also, is ridulously unhelpful. Told me there was no way he could get blood test results from a lab, I had to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable! If you get through him you will get some of the best medical care available, but he is a barrier!!!

July 15th, 2008
His very good--period.

June 19th, 2008
Great MD, Staff Hmmmmm...
I have been seeing Dr. Sklar for over a decade. He is very thorough, thoughtful and a good listener. He is willing to try alternatives and is helpful with nutrition. He spends alot of time with you! As a cancer survivor I appreicate his dedication. He calls with test results even if they are normal/good, and does so promptly. Staff issue is weird. I think the front desk guy is fine. He is always polite to me buy yes he can be a bit gruff. The nurse is kind, sweet but sometimes her English seems off. The doctor does not really seem to match his staff, but I am not sure I care about that since he is unsually good at what he does.

June 19th, 2008
Dr. Sklar
Dr. Sklar himself is great and takes his time with patients. However I do agree with the previous comment about his front desk guy. He is very rude and unprofessional, but yes Dr. Sklar is well worth it.