Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
3 Washington Cir NW
Ste 303
Washington, DC 20037
(202) 887-4769
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Sklar  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2010

He is an amazing doctor who truly cares about the health of each of us patients

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

Generally excellent; he forgot to introduce himself in the beginning of the appt but after that it went well. Spent a lot of time explaining what my condition was and what my treatment options were. Made sure I saw a pathologist in his office to do the biopsy immediately and even checked to see if she took my insurance (I was impressed that he even cared!). Phoned me with the results of the biopsy in a few days and gave me several suggestions for surgeons. All in all, great job!

by luisa on Oct 4th, 2010

Is the best doctor I have had, great manner spend a lot of time explaining. Very very competent and a great diagnostician. He listen to the patient and he is a human being on top of being a great doctor.Excellent staff courteous and very professional.

|  Frustrating waste of time  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2010

This is more about the staff his "receptionist" than the Dr.My husband and I called several times to make an appointment with Dr. Sklar and each time got the voicemail. We would leave messages but never received a call back. After three weeks of this, I spent an afternoon calling and calling and finally a person answered. She told me that the Dr. did not have any appointments for new patients until July (we were calling between Feb and March). In other words we wasted almost a month trying to see this doctor we had heard wonderful things about only to find out that his office could careless about people, my husband is very sick and needs to see a good doctor. They could have called us back the first time my husband left a message and we could have moved on. I have never been so frustrated and disappointed in my entire life. In my opinion, not having the courtesy to call back a potential patient is just as bad as giving poor care. No one calls a doctor just for the heck of it-they do it for a good reason.

by Josh S on Jan 10th, 2010

Dr. Sklar exhibits both knowledge and praticality in helping me deal with my type 1 diabetes. He got me on the pump and is incredibly communicative and accessible via phone, e-mail. He will call personally with results and will take time to go through readings and make suggestions (if only I was a bit better about doing the testing). He also listens to my needs and even some suggestions... I got him to use twitter to let me and any other interested patients know when the H1N1 vaccine was available (he also had a traditional call in number)... overall, Dr. Sklar is the 12th endicronolgist I have seen in my 16 years as a diabetic and is hands down the best... regarding his staff, I can't believe people do not like Bobby the front desk guy, I call him and say "Hey Bobby this is Josh" and he knows who I am and is very willing to work with my request... and Esmerelda is sweetheart and is great with my sometimes tricky veins...

|  Poor Communication  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2009

I saw Dr. Sklar for several years until recently, and judged him to be a fine doctor. However, in 2008, he neglected to notify me that he was no longer accepting my insurance. At my last appointment, the front-office person said to me at check-in, "You have a $20 co-pay; would you like to pay it now?" which I did, so of course, I was quite surprised, soon thereafter, to receive a bill from Dr. Sklar showing a balance, which insurance had always paid before. I feel this is a matter of principle and business ethics. If I had been informed that he was no longer accepting my insurance, I would have changed doctors (I have since done so) so as not to incur charges beyond my co-pay. I thought we had a good doctor-patient relationship, but I never even received so much as an apology, just payment demands and an insulting letter from his office manager.

|  an honest-to-goodness medical practitioner  |  show details
by Bill Pierce on Jul 1st, 2009

Dr Sklar actually practices medicine. He's not in the "doctor business" like so many of his colleagues. He is also an excellent diagnostician. He doesn't just read numbers on a chart; he reads people.I had been to a lot of different doctors. He is the only one that made me feel any better. And my condition got better to boot!He's quick to follow up personally with new information or results.I wish there were more like him.Hey, and his staff is great too.

|  Awesome Doc He Really Cares  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2009

Dr. Sklar is a really good doctor. He is attentive, and very knowledgeable. He was a referral from another doctor.

|  Excellent Doctor.  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2009

Dr. Sklar is the ultimate professional. His staff is friendly and Caring. Dr. Sklar is the best Dr. in Washington, DC. I highly reccommend him.

|  The Man at the front/phone answerer  |  show details
by Anna H on Jan 6th, 2009

This man is the most difficult person. Has the audacity to argue with you about previous medical experience AND INSTRUCT you where you went wrong when all your trying to do is get an appt. Also, is ridulously unhelpful. Told me there was no way he could get blood test results from a lab, I had to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable! If you get through him you will get some of the best medical care available, but he is a barrier!!!

Jul 15th, 2008

His very good--period.

|  Great MD, Staff Hmmmmm...  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Sklar for over a decade. He is very thorough, thoughtful and a good listener. He is willing to try alternatives and is helpful with nutrition. He spends alot of time with you! As a cancer survivor I appreicate his dedication. He calls with test results even if they are normal/good, and does so promptly. Staff issue is weird. I think the front desk guy is fine. He is always polite to me buy yes he can be a bit gruff. The nurse is kind, sweet but sometimes her English seems off. The doctor does not really seem to match his staff, but I am not sure I care about that since he is unsually good at what he does.

|  Dr. Sklar  |  show details
by DC Native on Jun 19th, 2008

Dr. Sklar himself is great and takes his time with patients. However I do agree with the previous comment about his front desk guy. He is very rude and unprofessional, but yes Dr. Sklar is well worth it.

|  Kind & Considerate  |  show details
May 9th, 2008

I have been seeing Dr Sklar since 1997 when he diagnosed me with diabetes. Thanks to him I am healthy and my diabetes is under control. He has been there for me through several medical and personal crisis and was very considerate when my husband died. I pass numerous medical facilities on my way to see him in the District but I would not consider seeing anyone else. Dr Sklar makes you feel like you matter to him. He is an excellent physician and a good friend.