Overall Review

3.2

August 5th, 2016
MISERABLE
Dr. Speaker is arrogant and condescending...without justifiable cause. If you respect your vision, or yourself, run, don't walk

July 16th, 2016
Don't look back
Dr. Speaker is unpleasant, unkind and unethical.

July 24th, 2015
A Lost Art Found - Bedside manner
If I want to be entertained, I'll go to a show; if I want timeliness I have no idea where to get that because it's usually not on trains, airplanes, highways or anything else. So what can I expect if I wait at the doctor? I personally don't care. What I DO WANT is a doctor who is intelligent, communicative, patient, and excellence in practice. Dr. Speaker is all of those. I notice the questions asked here have little to do with care or results but may as well have been asked of a waiter at a restaurant. I want the best darned eye doctor I can get who explains things to be so I can grasp the condition, prognosis and recovery. Period. He's a great doctor. I don't understand the prima-donnas who want service NOW.

January 21st, 2015
I rarely make the effort to write reviews, but my experience was so terrible here I had to mention it. This office is completely mismanaged. I showed up for a 1pm appointment, didn't see anyone until 2:15, and never saw the doctor. Finally at 2:40 I left to go back to work. All for an elective procedure. Other people were there waiting for hours and also complaining about the length of time to see the doctor. This office should respect its patients more by not overbooking them / forcing them to wait unnecessarily.

March 6th, 2013
Dr. Speaker's office was a wonderful surprise - beautiful, clean facility, modern furniture and daignostic equipment, and really friendly staff (especially for NYC!). The doctor himself spend a lot of time with me (I was the last patient of the day), asnwered all the questions and got me involved into decision making. When I stated that I would do "one eye at a time" , he didn't try to talk me out of it (although it would be same money for him for double the work), but said whatever made me comfortable is fine. Overall, he took my complicated case and went over it, step by step and made me feel very good and comfortable about the decisions we made. Excellent doctor, not a arrogant self-important eye surgeon you get sometimes. Dr. Speaker is a good person, and an excellent doctor - how much better can it get?