Dr. Mark St Marie MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

November 12th, 2016
He is a terrific diagnostician, listens well, gives you time to ask questions, and is very thorough, courteous, and pleasant.

July 21st, 2016
Horrible bedside manner. Condescending, disrespectful and arrogant.

September 19th, 2012
I've been a patient of Dr. St. Marie for 10 years. I'm 28 and couldn't imagine going through this whole process without him as my doctor. Reading the response below regarding the patient with crohns disease, I felt as though I was reading a response I had written myself. Phone calls in the evening to check on me, a call from he and his assistant on my birthday, and a TON of office visits that he has had to calm me down during tearful and painful flair ups from the crohns.. amazing at what he does-- never ever has let me down!

January 30th, 2012
Dr. St. Marie has the best beside manner of any physician that I have ever had. He's professional and makes you quite at ease. He truly is a Saint.

October 3rd, 2011
Dr. St. Marie is Awesome!
I would definitely recommend Dr. Mark St. Marie. He is of the highest caliber in gastroenterology. I had my 2nd colonoscopy with him and he found polyps both times. Because of this, he recommended that my children start their colonoscopies at age 40. My friend also had polyps; her doctor never gave a warning for her children. Great at putting a patient at ease for such a procedure, and it was a piece of cake! No one should put it off. Easier than the dentist! He recommended I call back in a week for the results, I did call but the office never called me back, and it's been months now. I hope no news is good news. Will keep trying.

January 18th, 2010
Well, reading the other comment was quite a chock indeed! I thought that the point of rating a Doctor was to actually give your personal opinion of the Dr. I didn't see anything pertaining to Dr. St. Marie what-so-ever. Also, they have implemented a new phone system so the wait time to speak to someone is fairly quick, as well as each Dr. has an assistant that you can opt to be connected to. If you get their voicemail, leave a message and they return your call by 5:00 PM THAT day..if it is an emergency, there is an extention that you can press and be connected to someone immediately. As for Dr. St. Marie, speaking from personal exerience, he has always been professional and caring. He takes the extra steps that most Dr's just don't do. Granted he is a very busy man, and getting an appt for a new patient is about a month and exsisting patients up to a week, he still makes phone calls at 7:00 at night to see how you are feeling if you call the office and try to get in. Having been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, Dr. St. Marie guided me through the entire process and was also extremely Thorough. He completed every panel of blood work and test and was incredibly full of knowledge and was able to get me on the right medicines to control my flair up's. I still have them from time to time, but.. it makes living with this disease a heck of a lot easier when you know that you have a dr. behind you who knows what he's doing and is always there to help. Also, his assistant is a wonderful and caring woman who also goes above and beyond for their patients. It truly is a great practice and I lucked out when I found this Dr. ! Hope all this helps!

October 1st, 2009
Impossible to reach anyone at the office
there is a dedicated line for scheduling appointments yet you can never get a "live" person. What you get is a voice recording SAYING they will return the call before the end of that day. What REALLY happens is you don't get that call and have to continue the circular path of calling, leaving a message and then waiting days ... calling leaving a message and then waiting days ...BTW: the same things happens when you've had a procedure done and the office leaves you a message to call them ... you call, leave a message, wait days; call again, leave a message ... NOT GOOD AT CUSTOMER SERVICE - the office staff needs a good overhaul