Family Physicians

3065 Southwestern Blvd
Ste 206
Orchard Park, NY 14127
716-674-1414
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad Experience  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2013

I like the doctor and was a patient for over 10 years. I recently switched to a new physician beacuse of the office staff. Everything is great until you have an issue then they treat you wrong.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Sue on May 19th, 2013

I have gone to a lot of doctors in my life and Dr. Swetz is the best! Very easy to talk to and goes out of his way to learn your family history. My whole family switched over to him and we all adore him! Don't listen to people that say the staff is nasty cause they are not! They make you feel very comfortable. You never have to wait more than 15 minutes! As for filling out paper work, that is the government and you have to do it every year wherever you go!

|  show details
Mar 7th, 2013

not accepting new patients

|  my opinion of a good doctor is:  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

A good Doctor doesnt hand out prescriptions like candy, Main menu is antibiotics and prednisone. I suggest doing your own follow up and get copies of everything. staff ok, one old nurse needs to take lessons on how to speak to people. Staff talks loudly and you can frequently hear them discuss patients illness and their names.A good doctor doesnt just give you what you want. Needs to learn how to use medical records on computer. Progress notes are inaccurate. Staff does to much work for him and probably shouldnt be. Lisa gone thank god she frequently made mistakes . Not sure if he knows what he is doing

|  this man is the BEST!!  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

No doubt about it. Dr. Swetz and his current staff are awesome. Every business has it's own problems. Dr. Swetz sister-in-law was a problem in the office, however, put yourself in his position. I had my issue with her also but don't judge an entire practice based on the ignorance of one employee. Thank God she is gone and her replacement, Dixie, is just as awesome as Denise, Georgia, and the rest of his staff. The best change I EVER made in my life was to see Dr. Swetz. He was my husband's physician and I fought switching my Dr. Well, Dr. Swetz saved my life!! This is NOT an exxageration. His office is like being with family. I have called and been treated like "one of the family" since DAY ONE!! He is kind, compassionate, empathetic, funny, smart and professional. I have NEVER met a Doctor who was his equal. Please THINK before you write comments about a Doctor's practice. Right about now, he could cut off the wrong leg (THIS IS A JOKE!!!) and I would still forgive him. The man is amazing!!

|  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

I can't say enough about Dr. Swetz. He will try almost anything he can think of to solve your medical problem. He seems to understand how you feel. His staff is excellent and reflects his personality. I can get an appointment with in a day or two. I don't think I have ever waited more than 10 minutes to see him and when I do see him he spends as much time with my husband and I as we need. If you don't understand what the diagnosos is he will stay with you untill you understand everything. He is funny and make comments on topics that you are interested in. Your not just a patient your a friend.

|  Great Physician  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2010

He's not afraid to prescribe what needs to be given as so many doctors are now phobic about antibiotics and government monitored pharms. He's also not at all reluctant to suggest a specialist -- which is great after seeing a doctor for years that thought he could do it all and caused me to waste years with solutions that were anything but. Super neighborhood family man -- makes a great listener and accurate diagnostician. Very, very happy with all aspects of treatment for over a decade -- no exceptions.

|  why did i get the "letter"? why must I switch physicians? read on...  |  show details
by not today, maybe tomorrow... on May 3rd, 2009

Dr. Swetz is a wonderful physicain, no complaints from my children or myself. But, can not anyone have a complaint against office staff and the rudeness thereof one person in his office? I don't feel i was disrespectful, i did not yell, i did not scream, (why does it sound like Dr. Seuss??) why would anyone not have a comment on a SEVEN page yearly set of information forms?? if the information never changes, why would you have to fill out the same forms again? Wonderful physician, can't say anything wrong with him or the nurses. but i guess that when the medical assistant at the window does not like you, it's not really you - it's because she does not like you and she is probably the dr's sister-in-law. good luck with all you do, just don't have an opinion.