Dr. Mark Stevens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 11th, 2015
Be careful or you'll be charged for services you did not request
I went to Dr. Stevens for a physical on the second to the last day of the year. My insurance was ending and I didn't want to miss my annual exam. I took time to research exactly what needed to be done to ensure my insurance paid for my preventive exam. I did everything they told me to do, including 1) booking an appointment for preventive care, and 2) letting the doctor know I was there for my annual physical and that I wanted to ensure we kept the visit to the things that were covered for such a visit. During the visit, Dr. Stevens asked me many questions. He began to uncover things he perceived as evidence of fybromyalgia. We discussed my symptoms, I denied many he suggested I had, and he conducted an exam that included testing pressure points for fybromyalgia. We took basic labs for cholesterol and blood sugar and I went on my way. NO TREATMENT PLAN WAS PROVIDED. NO FOLLOW UP VISIT WAS SCHEDULED. A week or so later I learned the results of some of my labs. They did not share information on my blood sugar, so I called back and left a message. The message was never returned. Dr. Stevens billed my visit as an office call rather than annual physical. His notes describe the discussion of we had, because of the questions he asked, about some symptoms I was struggling with. However, I did not go there to deal with these symptoms (or I would have pursued a treatment plan), I went to get my annual preventive visit. I have been unable to resolve this situation after more than 9 months of attempts to do so. I am not forced to pay a bill for a service I did not request or require or face a collections on my credit report. I also recall coming home and telling my husband after my visit that I felt Dr Stevens had a propensity to see fybromyalgia in patients. You know the saying, "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"? I said this because it seemed he jumped on this path and would not stop pushing me in this direction.

May 6th, 2014
NO ONE'S BETTER!!!!!!
I have had many doctors in my life and Dr. Stevens is one of the best, hands down. He always takes time to listen to me and truly has my best interest at heart. Every time I have been sick, he really takes the time to be sure he is giving a proper diagnosis and makes sure that I am comfortable when I leave his office. He's great and I'd follow him to the ends of earth. Not a better family doc out there!

April 29th, 2014
FINALLY a Dr. that cares about his patients. We couldn't be happier.
I have been to many, many Dr.'s in my life and I have to say....... I am so thankful for Dr. Stevens. He puts the care of his patients before anything else, is sincere when listening to what may be ailing you, and is as honest as they come. Words can't express fully on how much I would definitely recommend him.