Dr. S Tanen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. S Tanen?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. S Tanen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 30th, 2017

Thorough and followed-up on the weekend. Great first visit!

Thorough and followed-up with me to provide results of lab work on the weekend! Great first visit! Also, arrived early for the appointment and seen before my scheduled appointment time.

March 14th, 2016

Been with Dr Tannen for about 10 years. Excellent doctor and staff

February 22nd, 2016

Excellent physician. Always very prompt, courteous, engaged, reliable. Also takes blood work on site, so don't have to go elsewhere.

October 1st, 2015

Excellent Specialty Doctor

Tanen came highly recommended to me and I have been seeing him for more than 10 years. In the late 1980s, I had a pituitary tumor removed. I have the utmost faith in him. You will not be impressed by the office, but I go to see Tanen because he is a great physician.

March 3rd, 2013

High Flying Doctor

I found out after meeting Dr. Tannen, he recommends expensive tests and prescribes branded medication instead of generic options. Every visit I ended up paying a significant differential that the insurance didn't cover as standard. I don't understand how this doctor recommends and prescribes treatments that isn't covered under the umbrella of insurance and the patient ends up paying out of pocket.

October 12th, 2012

Dr. Tanen is a great doctor

Dr. Tanen is an excellent doctor. He's very knowledgeable and experienced. I think his greatest attribute is that he is a good listener. A lot of doctors don't listen and this is where he really stands apart.

August 16th, 2012

This practice is the worst I've ever experienced. Dr. Tanen directed I get an MRI on my pituitary and then, when he/and his office staff failed to give the insurance co. the documentation needed for approval, didn't lift a finger to get my approval for the MRI. They dropped the ball big time!! Avoid these incompetent folks. The office staff act as guard dogs to speaking with the Doctors. I never got to speak with Dr. Tanen during this whole episode!! Up until then, I had been a patient for over 10 yrs and he didn't care at all. Extremely disappointed in the service at this practice - Rubenstein, Tanen, and Crantz....don't go there!

August 9th, 2012

He is very caring and responsible.Very professional and kind.I feel safe with him.

July 26th, 2012

Average Doctor Poof Staff

Doctor is average, office staff is bad. Never return calls, even if they call, don't listen. IF you are reading Dr.tanen, plz understand people treat doctor as God. So plz treat them well. If you can't handle more patience then stop taking new one. Please care of us, our God.

December 6th, 2011

Professional and likeable

I normally prefer female doctors, but Dr. Tanen is the exception. He is very down to earth, listens and has a nice bedside manner. Definitely not stuffy and he didn't make me feel like I was 'just another patient.' I would recommend him if someone in the No. Va area needs to see an endocrinologist.

November 17th, 2011

Wonderful doctor!

June 6th, 2011

I called to make an appointment as a fisrt time patient and they asked for a referral. I explained my insurance does not require referrals, but they insisted it is their office policy. My regular doctor is not available, and I will not start looking for a third doctor just to get a referral that is not required by my insurance anyway! I am paying higher premiums so I would not need referrals! It is ridiculous!