Dr. Mark Tullman MD Patient Reviews

3.4

March 8th, 2017
Listens. Honest. Upfront.
Dr. Tullman is great with me. He always greets me with a smile & asks how I've been feeling. He does seem very direct and firm. That tells me, he takes neurology very serious. I've recommended him, as I will continue to do. My only issue is reaching his nurse. She's very sweet & professional, but sometimes it takes all day before I could reach her. We definitely had to build this relationship, but I felt it was/is worth it because Dr. Tullman is great. Note: he doesn't mind answering any questions regarding your health. So have your notes ready.

January 16th, 2014
Brutally Average
I am not sure what to make of this doctor. He not a particularly nice guy, but he is not un-nice either. I saw him for the same problem 4 or 5 times. Each time he performed the same exam, and each time the results were the same. He ordered reasonable tests, prescribed medications that did not work, but then rarely followed up on things with out prompting. He never really seemed very interested, and he never made progress in diagnosing my problem. I eventually started going elsewhere. I did eventually find out my problem and it was not neurological, so its not like he missed the boat or anything. Other than the receptionist who seemed fairly happy, the other office people (nurses I guess) were not a whole lot different than the doctor - kind of blasé about everything. It was very hard to get anything done over the phone. It took 3 weeks of back and forth voicemails to get results from one of my tests. That was 3 weeks after I new they had the results. All-in-all, he is not a bad guy, I just could never tell if he was a good doctor or not.

December 11th, 2013
sad
I too am a patient of Dr T's for well over a year and despite my best efforts at building a professional working relationship, I do not believe that Dr T is capable of it or wishes to be bothered with patients. His lack of communication and honesty with his patients regarding test results or neuro status is deplorable/borderline unethical. His cool indifference towards human suffering would render him better suited to be a crime scene forensic coroner rather than working with live subjects.

October 7th, 2013
Terrible experience
We went to the best Doctor in his field. How rude he was. Basically again blames things on weight. He did take test. Screamed at my daughter on the phone. Didnt help at all. This was the worse experience I have ever had with a Doctor.

April 22nd, 2013
Took the time to listen
This is the first neurologist I have seen that took the time to listen, and did a full neuro exam. I don't understand the comment about him being rude, he was nice and ordered tests other dr's didn't.

February 16th, 2013
Good serious smart
I switched to Tullman because my other Neurologist was too far away. WOW, this guy is much better than my old neurologist. This guy sees me 3-4 times per year, and keeps me in the loop regarding treatment options. A great doctor with a very nice staff makes for a very pleasant experience

May 12th, 2012
Dont go
After seeing Dr. Tullman, for 4 months now, i am in search of a new doctor. He doesnt listen to me, he doesnt seem like he knows alot. I have found that he even questions other doctors to make him look better.. Do Not go see him.. If you do yo might as well treat yourself, he wont do it. The staff is GREAT but he is lousy

March 23rd, 2012
Unimpressed.
I saw Tullman after he moved to St. Louis and I was extremely unhappy with his lack of listening skills. He seems to be a one-drug-fits-all type of Neurologist. If you want Tysabri (to make Tullman extremely rich) go see him. If you want a Neurologist that actually listens to you look elsewhere. I will not be going to see him a third time.

August 19th, 2010
Susan Russo- patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Tullman's since 2006. He has been wonderful in guiding me through what has been, and continues to be, a very difficult and complex medical situation. He is extremely knowledgable, courteous, kind, and patient. Take it from someone who has seen many doctors for numerous health issues, Dr. Tullman and his staff are the best of the best. I can't imagine trusting anyone else with my medical treatment.

May 27th, 2010
One of the best physicians I have ever had
Dr. Tullman and his staff are really wonderful people. They are receptive to questions, are wonderful about answering them, and take as much time as needed to address concerns. When I have had questions or concerns outside of my appointments either Dr. Tullman or his fellow have called me back in what i consider a reasonable amount of time. I would recommend Dr. Tullman to anyone, and to be honest, I have :)

March 8th, 2010
Awesome Experience
My experience with Dr. Tullman has been wonderful. He takes his time with his patients, and really tries to listen to what they have to say. The wait is not extraordinarily long, and I found it to be a wonderful experience, especially since I was scared and nervous, and even at this time, do not know what my actual diagnosis is. I would highly recommend Dr. Tullman.

January 9th, 2010
I have been a patient of Dr. Tullman's since 2004 and have found him to be one of the most caring physicians that I've seen. Since becoming Director at NYP/Columbia he is less prompt and attentive than previously, however, I would still rate him higher than any other doctor I've visited. He and his staff must be handling an overwhelming load, yet always seem to do so with compassion and grace. I plan to continue as his patient ad infinitum.