Dr. Mark Turrentine MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 29th, 2015
Beware of his RN, Brandi Lyons
Excellent, professional, knowledgeable, experienced obstetrician. Unfortunately, he made a VERY bad decision in choosing his clinic RN, Brandi Lyons. While Dr. Turrentine is very professional, his nurse is nothing short of a hoodrat, trailer trash, low-life who assumes that all pregnant women who show up to the clinic for care "made mistakes in getting pregnant"--and has no reservations in voicing her opinions to the patients. Her demeanor is so horrible that we petitioned the hospital to have her permanently removed from our care--and that's not something to be taken lightly. If it weren't for his nurse and being submissive to his business partners, Dr. T would receive a 5-star rating. So beware, if you choose to use Dr. Turrentine as your routine Ob/Gyn, be prepared to deal with an extremely disrespectful nurse. Honestly, I'd recommend you choose another Ob/Gyn solely due to the demeanor of his nurse so you don't have to deal with that we had to go through in getting her permanently removed from our care.

January 1st, 2014
I had a horrible experience on my delivery, Dr T was not to be found on my delivery day. I had emergency c-section which was not planned due to the lousy nurses on the hospital but Dr. T was not around. I will not go back there again. Thank God my baby and I was ok despite our horrible experience at the delivery.

September 24th, 2013
I love doctor T!
I cannot say enough great things about him. He is so kind and makes me so comfortable. I have a tilted cervix and other obgyns have hurt me during annual exams and they take forever. Not doctor T he is gentle and fast. He listens to my concerns and doesn't rush me. He truly cares about his patients. A year ago I went in for a pap with high blood pressure which I have from time to time. He and his nurses showed so much concern and sent me over to a GP that day. Turns out I have hypertension. Other doctors never said anything to me about it, Dr. T and his staff could have very easily saved my life.

July 30th, 2013
BEST DOC that I have seen
Dr T is very caring and takes the time to listen to your concerns. When pregnant prenatal appointments are a must and with very little time waiting in the waiting room it makes going to see Dr T that much more enjoyable. After all test performed while pregnant he would personally call himself and give the results. I have never had a doctor call only their office. He goes that extra step in making you feel comfortable. When at hospital Dr T was right there in the room the entire time. He was on top of everything and made the birth experience that much more enjoyable. If looking for an ob that cares... look no more. I am honored to have had such a great doctor.

January 24th, 2013
disappointed
I'm sorry to say, but I've had nothing but horrible experiences from his nurse. She is always so rude and when you ask her a question she has a horrible attitude! I've worked at several doctors offices and have never seen or heard any nurse speak to patients the way she does. I am amazed every time I am forced to talk to her how rude she is! I don't understand how she could possibly work anywhere with her bad attitude. How does Dr. T not know and listen to how she speaks to his patients!?? There is an older lady that works in that office and she is the sweetest !! Dr. Turrentine is nice and I so want to to trust in him, but he always says one thing and it ends up being another. My experience with him has been an emotional rollercoaster. I think he's nice and I originally chose him because there was good reviews and that's why I have gone back a few times with him ,but his mis-diagnosis has sent me to find a better doctor. I'm disappointed because he seems nice and is gentle when doing the exams, but I would prefer to find another doctor that knows what he's talking about. I also feel that he thinks if he talks softly that it means he's got a good bedside manner,but he lacks in that department . He seems to be one of those doctors that can't think outside the box, he only knows what he was taught many years ago in a textbook. I had to get second opinions from another obgyn who was surprised at what Dr.T told me. I don't think he could be anymore sensitive even if they taught it in a textbook. I've never done any type of review like this before,but because of my horrible experience I had to share.

June 28th, 2012
He is the best OB on the city
He take on care my pregnancy and the due date was accurate.He have a great staff and spend the right time to resolve your questions.Thanks Dr.T

January 31st, 2012
his great
Had my first child with him. His awsome great there are no words to say how nice he is. he also did my son circumsion and everything turned out great

March 22nd, 2011
Love him!
He comes off as weird- but a great doctor!

May 11th, 2010
Great Doctor!
Dr. T is a wonderful man and Dr. He delivered my son and has been my gyn for many years. I wouldn't want to have any other ob/gyn. He made me feel very comfortable. He listened to my concerns and wants. He is very caring and makes me feel like a true personal patient and not jsut another name on his list. I plan to have another child, God's will, and for sure Dr. T will be my ob/gyn again!

November 16th, 2009
I've seen more considerate doctors...Not really listening to my concern and request.

April 29th, 2009
Wonderful man
Dr. T delivered both of my children and I would not have wanted any one else. He was patient and kind made both of my deliveries a wonderful experience.

July 16th, 2016