Dr. Mark Vann II MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Sugar Land, TX

September 27th, 2015
Runner with Heel Pain finally gone
I saw Dr. Vann at the new Methodist Sports Medicine building in Sugarland. The office is really high end and nice. His staff was great from check in to check out. The doctor saw me, went over my problems and took x rays. Started me on a unique stretching routine which takes about 5 minutes a couple times a day. Ended up getting a shot in my heel, which was nothing like I expected (people kept telling me it was horrific), but ended up being a pinch and 2 seconds of burning. 5 days later I was back to running. I'll be back if I have heel pain like that again.

February 27th, 2014
Achilles Tear
Tore my achilles and saw Dr. Van. Talked to me about surgery and scheduled it for the next day. Used a knee scooter to get around after surgery. Highly recommend everyone get one. Lots of therapy later, I have returned to tennis and jogging. Staff was nice. Offices are nice. Hospital was nice.

October 12th, 2013
Fixed hip
Experience at Memorial Hermann was great. My mom was taken to the hospital after falling at home. They have an Emergency room specializing in senior citizens. Dr. Vann saw us on Friday, explained surgery, and did surgery Saturday morning. Physical therapy was great. They were patient and kind. Nursing staff of Orthopedic floor were fabulous. Great overall experience. Great doc. My mother loves him, we all recommend him to our friends and family with bone problems

August 12th, 2013
Leg pain
I was referred to Dr. Vann by another surgeon because of my bad injury to my foot and ankle. My first and second surgeries were in Austin. I returned home to Houston to recover, at which point my orthopedic told me to see the foot and ankle specialist Dr. Vann. He took plenty of time to explain my injuries, the complications of my first two surgeries and why my foot was stuck in a tiptoe position. My surgery had no complications, and I hope to be allowed to start walking on the foot in another 2-3 weeks. Throughout the process, his staff has been great. They help with all of the paperwork from my job and insurance companies.

May 15th, 2013
Wouldn't recommend
Not impressed. He didn't really have anymore to say than my primary care doctor. He also does it "all". knees, shoulders, foot, etc. That should have been my first red flag. Any surgeon I choose is someone more specialized. Spent about 5 minutes and billed out at $357.00.

March 17th, 2013
I can walk again!!!
After searching for someone to really tell me what was wrong, and come up with a plan to fix it, I finally found someone...Dr. Vann. The first visit he talked to me (not his assistant, his nurse or someone else...HE DID), looked at and touched/tugged on my ankle, took xrays and read thru my 2 years worth of old doctor visits trying to figure out what the heck was going on. We talked about surgery and ultimately decided on an ankle fusion instead of a replacement. The long and short is that I am now almost 3 months out from surgery and was able to walk nearly 2 miles outside today, for the first time in over 3 years. I don't even have a limp. I just thought I'd get on one of these websites and tell everyone about MY doctor!!!

November 19th, 2012
Car Accident
I was hit by a drunk driver last year and taken to Memorial Herman Southwest with a bad ankle injury. Wasn't too happy about being taken there, but apparently if you have a bad injury, that's where they take you. Anyhow, the first doctor started my surgery that night since my ankle was broken and out of place. He had Dr. Vann see me the next day, because of the complexity of my injury. Dr. Vann fixed my ankle with screws and bolts the same day. 3 months later I was up and walking. Great doc. Recommend to anyone with serious injuries.BTW came to this site looking for dermatologist and thought I'd look up a few of my favorite docs :)

July 18th, 2012
Top Notch Knowlegeable
He came highly recommended by a nurse who says he's the best. Highly skilled surgeon and knows what he's doing. Did not just want to rush me into surgery but tried others thing first which I appreciated.I understand he is also on staff at Baylor.

March 22nd, 2012
Best Doc
I was having a lot of ankle pain that was radiating up my leg. I had been to several doctors. Finally, a friend who works at Baylor told me about this wonderful surgeon. On my first visit he was so nice and explained everything and gave me a couple of options for treatment. I opted to try surgery again and now I'm pain free. I tell everyone how now I can live a normal life...can even walk up stairs without pain. Feel better than I have in over 20 years. This is a truly wonderful doctor who is not only skilled surgeon but a nice person.

January 24th, 2012
Big title, not so hot
I visited this doctor on two occasions for the same condition. I'd say the time he spent with me for the TOTAL of the two visits was less than 20 minutes. I don't think he really listened to my symptoms--he already had his mind made up as to diagnosis. He quickly told me I only had "nerve pain" and said I need a sympathetic nerve block! I had an mri in hand from another doctor saying I had broken bones! He left the room before I could ask qestions.

October 7th, 2009
Excellent and patient physician
Dr. Vann was young, professional, and very knowledgable in his specialty. Took time to explain in terms I could unterstand, and gave me options that were in my best interest.... not in his!Very honest and competent! WE need more like him!