Dr. Mark Fortson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

no change

September 21st, 2016
I've seen Dr. Fortson numerous times, and overall, I believe he is a good doctor. Unlike my previous doctors, he actually asks me if my problems have increased or decreased and actually seems to care for the wellbeing of his patients.

May 12th, 2012
Pushes pills like crazy
Overprescribes pain pills and sleep aids without question, when I complained that the amount of my intake was scaring me, he told me that high of amount was fine and wouldn't hurt me. I nearly died from it when I accidentally OD'd. I got off the pills and got my life back. Dr. Fortson may be a good doctor for some, but he wasn't for me.

July 26th, 2011
horrible doctor
He misdiagnosed me!!!!!

June 17th, 2009
Be aware of this doctor
If you are already a patient of this doctor make sure you get a complete copy of your reports including any testing he has ordered for you! He does not discuss results with you in detail he will over charge for time spent, and he talks down to you like you are beneath him. When you try and call; his staff is rude and he will not return calls. He makes mistakes with records, either by combining two patients within one file or having whoever types his notes making mistakes,but he will not talk to you about fixing this so this will follow you your whole medical life. He over perscribes pain pills instead of trying to find the cause of the pain, and when you ask to be taken off the meds due to adverse affects he ignores your requests.