Dr. Mark Fox Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Sioux Falls, SD

3.3

April 20th, 2016
Do your research first!
He left me permanently disabled after a failed low back surgery! He lied to me and used non-FDA approved, experimental hardware in my back which broke! I also had a neighbor tell me he left him with a paralyzed arm after neck surgery.

May 18th, 2013
He gave me a correct diagnosis and allowed me a choice
I was evaluated and he looked at MRI records I brought with me. This was in 1996 in St. Paul MN. He told me specifically what was wrong with me. He explained it in terms that I could understand. My husband was with me. I found out later that what he diagnosed is very hard to diagnose correctly. He explained tethered cord, arachnoiditis, the lipoma that was left from a previous surgery, and explained that a test procedure using patch grafts for tethered cords was a possibility. Since this was experimental at this time, I opted not to try this because of the possibility of more scarring, another surgery, and ending up with the same tethered cord.

May 24th, 2012
Dr. Mark W. Fox performed surgery on my spine in 1995 in MN. I was completely uninformed that he had used non-FDA approved and experimental hardware in my spine as it subsequently broke causing me a life time of pain and disability. He says he told me it was experimental and not FDA approved but the RN (friend) that was with me throughout the entire visit never heard this from him either. I feel he lied to me and now I have paid for it and will for the rest of my life. He never apologized for the damage he caused.