Mark Wasserman Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Mark Wasserman?

Wasserman is great, NOT HIS STAFF

Posted on December 18th, 2015

I used to see Dr. Wasserman growing up right until they switched things over at the beginning of 2015, where you'd have to pay $1600 out of pocket! That's just ridiculous. Unfortunately, I had to stop seeing him because of that. However, Dr. Wasserman was always honest and friendly. I still haven't found a Dr. better than him, sadly.. The staff is horrible. There's one receptionist in particular that's extremely rude. I don't understand how she has a job. If you're not a 'people person', you shouldn't be a receptionist.

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Great doctor. All doctors should be like him

Join his club, $1600 per year per person ????

Posted on January 15th, 2015

I agree with the previous post. Many years of good service from the Dr. his staff was poor and his refusal to allow staff to schedule appointments was not so good. But once the whole MDVIP deal started where you had to pay $1600 a year just to get in his door started, no returned calls, no records forwarded to new doctors. Pretty sad to treat patients of years that way because they did not join your elite practice. Makes you really wonder why he went this route.

Posted on January 12th, 2015

Care was very good while a patient, but when they switched to MDVIP, and I chose not to pay $1695 per person just to be a patient (does not include copays or insurance), assistance declined. Dr Wasserman is great, policies and procedures, not so. Once they knew, Prescriptions were not called in or followed up on. This was under the care of the office at the time and it is their ethical responsibility to take care of patients. This was UNETHICAL!

EXCELLENT DIAGOSTICAN-PLEASANT ATTITUDE

Posted on February 19th, 2014

IN ALL THE MANY YRS HE IS MY DOCTOR HE HAS ALWAYS DIAGNOSED AND TREATED SITUATION PROPERLY. I FEEL CONFIDENT IN HIS JUDGEMENT AND HAVE RECOMMENDED HIM MANY TIMES..HIS GOOD NATURE AND HUMOR HELP GREATLY.HE IS ALWAYS ON TARGET. IF YOU ARE ON TIME SO IS HE. YOU ARE NEVER LEFT WAITING FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. .HIS OFFICE STAFF IS COURTEOUS HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. I AM IN GOOD HANDS WITH MARK WASSERMAN.

WOULD NOT USE this doctor-

Posted on February 19th, 2014

I happened to be referred to Dr. Wasserman by someone I respect but was told that there were a couple of things to notate that were different about Dr Wasserman. One being he never calls with results of blood work so I would need to call for my results if I Had blood work done. As long as I knew how he worked and that he was referred, I decided to go and see him since I had some several unresolved medical issues going on that did not resolve from going to a walk in. One of the bilateral weakness in my legs. I saw Dr Wasserman for the first time apprx 3 months ago in which basically he felt nothing was really wrong with me. I continued to look for answers and saw an orthopedist who after doing mri's discovered my hip pain was caused by tendonitis and some fraying in my right hip however the weakness still unexplained. The orthopedist started me on physical therapy and immediately my leg weakness started to handicap me. I started to shake and not walk properly hence I saw a neurologist who admitted me immediately to the hospital. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and still undiagnosed and still handicapped. Unable to drive and unable to walk more then a short distance without my legs giving out. Trying to still figure out what is wrong with me, I had my hospital records sent to my primary care which wAs dr Wasserman. I have over last week been seeing specialist who told me to go to my primary for guidance so I can get a diagnosis as they felt I would be permanently handicapped in a wheel chair if not diagnosed. I called his office for an appointment which is not easy as you know because the secretaries are not allowed to just schedule you since I presume the doctor is semi retired and wants to decide what hours he will work. They ask for several days that work for you and then call you back with a time. Well my time was scheduled for 12:45pm today. My mother who flew into town to help since I am not handicapped and with 3 girlfriend went and had to shovel the stairs and walkway so I could get to car ok since it snowed yet again today. I can not walk well and with the ice it makes it more difficult and slower. My mother never having been to Dr wassermans office drove me and accidentally passed the office and had to turn around When we arrived she pulled up by door and gave me my cane to I could get inside and sign I. Since we were already 5 minutes late now. A kind man held the doors for me as he saw I could not manage on my own and my mother went to park car. I stood at the glass windows for couple minutes with my legs shaking only to be told when I gave her my name that the Dr wasserman said he would not see me cause I was late and I needed to reschedule. I asked to speak to the doctor as I was barely late and clearly it took a lot of effort with the snow and me being handicapped to get here and the doctor would not come speak to me even though I saw him through the glass when I was waiting for them to open it to sign me in. I began to cry as I felt helpless. The doctor who signed on to be my primary care would turn me away when he was sent my hospital record and knows I jut got out of hospital after being there three weeks undiagnosed. The girls kept aging sorry but they had to tell me what he said and he would not come out to speak with me. I was so emotionally done and broken after all I had been through that I asked for my file and I left and told them that he will no longer be my doctor. I feel as though the doctor may have been good years ago BUT does not have his heart in his job any longer and if you don't love what you do then don't do it. If you want to be retired the. Retired but obviously based on my review and many other I am seeing the public needs to seriously question using this doctor to take care of your medical needs as mine are serious and I have have three children that need a mother around. I hope the doctor reads this and thinks about what if someone treated his daughter or wife the way he treated me.

Trying times

Posted on January 2nd, 2014

The main thing is when you get him you have some feeling your health is in the proper hands....His PA's lack alot of bed side manner and its a shame his reputation depends so much on them...

Unknowledgeable and Unprofessional Staff

Posted on May 1st, 2013

Although Dr. Wasserman is my Primary I am always offered a PA when making an appointment with his office; not to mention it takes a 1/2 hour to get through to this office (15 mins to finally get through from busy signals and another 15 mins on hold). However, I must admit, the PA's are knowledgeable and very courteous. On the other hand, his office staff is the worst! They are extremely rude, & the left hand has no idea what the right is doing. Dr Wasserman really needs to revamp his office staff. Now I see why the good one's don't last there very long.

Dissatisfied & Disapointed

Posted on June 14th, 2012

I stopped seeing Dr. W years ago due to the difficulty in scheduling appts and always having to be seen by his PAs. However, my husband continued to see him until the message we left on Dr. W's emergency line, letting him know that my husband was experiencing strange sensations throughout his arms and chest. We did not know he was having a heart attack. Dr. W called back 3 hours later while I was sitting in the waiting room at Stony Brook while they performed emergency cardiac surgery on my husband. We decided to go to the Mather emergency room right away. Had Dr. W called back right back, he could have advised us to go directly to Stony Brook where this type of emergency cardiac surgery could be performed immediately. We lost preciouse minutes going to Mather first, thus a portion of my husband heart has been permantly damaged. Dr W never even called to see how my husband was doing. I would not recomend this so-called doctor to anyone.

Posted on June 9th, 2012

i had read the previous review and thought they spke of someone else...my family has been a patient of Dr w for many years.the staff is caring and courteous there is no waiting in his office because if you are on time so is he. Dr w always greets his patients with warmth,takes the time to discuss all your. Problems and remembers everything if he meets you in a local store he is sure to say hello and asks about your family. Often during a visit you get a joke I think sometimes sometimes that's why I see him. He is a great guy and a great diagnostician and would never go anywhere else. r

dissatisfied patient

Posted on May 5th, 2011

I had been a patient of Dr. Wasserman's for over 20 something years and have to say that Dr. Wasserman as a doctor WAS good but after I had a serious health issue learned the truth. I was misdiagnosed with a mix up of blood at his office, spent an exorbitant amount of money on specialists, took medication that may have made me more sick, spent money on these medications, spent money on tests. Oh and the tests his office told me was covered by my insurance turns out was not. After trying to confront Dr. Wasserman and his staff they have avoided me and will not return my calls or see me. They have also lost blood work, confused patients, read the wrong test results - this is what I am getting from other patients. My feeling is that he hires these nurse practioners that are unqualified and they do not discuss the patients with Dr. Wasserman. I am not only furious with the treatment I have recieved and think it is dangerous, I am hurt by the long term relationship I thought I had with this doctor and the way he has handled this situation. And also since that I have been diagnosed with a serious illness that him and his nurse practioners overlooked. No one should have this treatment from a so called professional - which he clearly is not.

Need Doctor that listens?

Posted on April 24th, 2009

Very knowledgeable, up-to date. Nice and genuine person.Recommended. You'll be respected and heard, your problems - understood and helped. Running away from milicious ignorance, tired to argue about the basics of differential diagnostics, I finally found peace for MD PhD on LTD dragged to Long Island by misfortune.