Neurological Surgeons
3455 Lutheran Pkwy
Suite 280
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
303-403-7300
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Saved my life  |  show details
by Todd on Sep 2nd, 2013

Dr. Watts performed a surgery on my herniated disk located between S1/L5. This was a long time ago in July of 2003 when Dr. Watts was still at Henry Ford hospital. I had suffered a posterior herniation that was compressing nerves, leaving me in agony and unable to walk. My general physician suggested that I go downtown for treatment which is when I met Dr. Watts. After reveiwing my MRI images Dr. Watts agreed that I had suffered a "devastating injury". Despite this I was able to walk out of the hospital the day after my surgery...amazing! I have a very small scar due to the minimally invasive nature of the operation. Its 10 years later and I'm doing just fine. Thanks Dr. Watts for your excellent care. You have an impressive reputation.

Aug 28th, 2013

I first met this doctor at Henry Ford in Michigan when I was 11 due to my rare gene defect. I'm now almost 24 and I'm still really disappointed that he moved because no other neurologist has looked at my case the same since. Despite being a neurosurgeon, he actually recommended against surgery due to the underlying risks and even though I was just a kid when he saw me, he talked to me about it. I'm much more versed in my case now, but I learned a lot of it from him. I've been seeing neurologists for 21 years. Couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

|  Way to go!!  |  show details
by Steve Dutton on Jul 13th, 2013

Wow . What a great doctor! After having three orthopedic surgeons tell me that I need a triple cervical fusion, Dr. Watts recommend Dr. Jack Rentz, and he did a triple radio frequency ablation. The day after, I am nearly pain free! Thank God for doctors who care more about their patience than their wallets.

|  Dr. Watts is exceptional  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I was referred to him by my primary after a brain MRI. He's been the one doctor that's really ever listened - truly listened. He looks at you directly and talks you specifically. He remembers who you are even if, like mine, your appointments are spaced in 6 month intervals. He's hyper, highly intelligent, but you can tell he's also a perfectionist which will be handy when I have to do the surgery.

|  Dr Watts is the best most caring surgeon I have ever met.  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr Watts did surgery on me 2x when other surgeons messed up. He is extremely caring and spends enough time with you to make sure you understand everything. His surgical skills are amazing and his people skills are even better. He actually called me from Chicago while I was in the hospital after surgery to make sure I was doing ok and to let me know he was thinking about me. I had him with Kaiser and then was lucky enough to get to go to him again after we both left Kaiser. I know this is weird to say but just the short number of months I have known him he has changed my life for the better!!!

|  Poor followup  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Watts may be an excellent surgeon but his bedside manner and followup skills are very poor.Patients are routinely forced to wait for up to 45 minutes in the exam room for him to arrive.Consults are brief and terse.

|  If you gotta have surgery...  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

Can't say enough. This man is a doctor, not just a technician.

|  hw cared for my ailing brother.....  |  show details
by Theresa (Hallahan) Taylor - sister on May 25th, 2011

i know dr. Watts haveing had a brother with a blood clot on his brain and dr, watts was his surgeon.I never met a more compassionate caring doctor in my life, and i worked in a hospital setting for 30 years!He was very caring and was very truthful about his patient.Any hospital where dr. Watts practices should be honored to have him on staff!(my brother, Mike Hallahan, has passed, having had prostate cancer, but I am glad he was cared for by the best, thank you)

May 18th, 2011

An awesome doctor and individual. Diagnosed my condition accurately when another physician did not.

May 13th, 2011

Dr. Watts Is a very caring, funny and understanding. He is also an awsome surgeon. He is #1 in my book.

|  Best surgery experience ever!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2011

My overall experience with Dr Watts and his office staff was beyond four star! Everyone is kind and caring, incredibly capable at their work. Dr Watts is a truly lovely human being, with a lot of compassion and great bedside manner, as well as being a wonderful surgeon. I'd recommend him to anyone. The doctor who referred me to him said, "I trust him with my life," and I completely agree that assessment.

Oct 29th, 2010

My husband had a ryputred disc in his neck for about a year and no one would do his surgery until we met Dr. Watts. He has been amazing throughout the entire process. He is a Dr. that really does care about his patients!

by Vertis Hall, Grand Blanc, MI on Jun 24th, 2009

I saw Dr. Watts for a consult when he was practicing in Flint, MI a few years ago. He was an excellent neurosurgeon and I appreciated his advice.

by John Sheets on Jan 27th, 2009

Dr. Watts was my neurosurgeon while he was on staff at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. He is hands down the best doctor I've ever had in my life. He is a truly caring and gifted person who has no ego issues. His bedside manner is second to none. He's a great doctor!