Dr. Mark Welton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Welton?

May 25th, 2015

Compromised Quality of life

I was diagnosed with an Anal Fissure. After a conservative treatment that did no heal the fissure I went for a surgery "lateral sphincterotomy" performed by Dr Welson and his staff. Woke up from the surgery only to be told that there were complications and the surgery could not be performed !!! I was sent home the same day and was told to take Advil !!! and the agony began. The pain was so severe that I was hospitalized that same night ! I was left with scars, bruises, bleeding ulcerated tissue and an overall mutilation of the anal sphincter. The aggravated conditions had me agonize on a daily basis for the 2 years that followed. I requested an explanation, all I was told is that there is none as they do not know what happened !!! As a consequence I am still till today suffering and on pain medication. I was treated since then different specialists helping me with the mutilation and the agony ! Quality of life has been forever altered since that day and god knows for how much longer.

May 25th, 2015

Would not recommend

Scars and issues that I carry with me for the last years since he operated

May 15th, 2012

He is not communicative in general to clearly answer the patient's concern. After two surgery He left me with an infected open incision on both times. He did not follow up on me since he was away on conferences and other matters that were apparently more important to him. my incision is in some parts two inches wide and all he did was to smile at my discomfort. He did a proctocolectomy on me with a permanent ileostomy. My stoma is in a bad shape. It is retracted, 1/2 inch in size which is so small that only one company makes the supply I can use, opening is completely out of the center and to one side of my stomach touching the skin and giving me constant discomfort and problem. I do not recommend him to any one who values his body and expects a caring attention.

August 24th, 2010

Stanford DR. treats VA patient

I was referred to Dr. Welton by Dr.McQuaid from UCSF.An appointment was scheduled very promptly. After meeting with Dr. Welton, he reviewed all my records from the VA and scheduled surgery. He was very thorough and precise.

June 8th, 2016