A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Wewers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Wewers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Wewers, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Lung Diseases
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- alpha 1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
Education & Awards
Dr. Wewers graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Wewers has 8 hospital affiliations:
- The Ohio State University Hospital
- The Ohio State University Hospital East
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wewers accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans