A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Whitten:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Whitten, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Whitten, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitten graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Whitten has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Whitten MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mark Whitten practice?
- Dr. Mark Whitten has 5 office locations.
Dr. Mark Whitten practices Ophthalmology near Charlotte Hall, MD.
Additional practice locations include: California, MD and Waldorf, MD.
See Charlotte Hall Ophthalmologists.