A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Whitten:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Whitten, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Whitten
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Whitten Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Whitten, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Whitten graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Whitten has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Whitten MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mark Whitten practice?
- Dr. Mark Whitten has 3 office locations.
Dr. Mark Whitten practices Ophthalmology near Charlotte Hall, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Rockville, MD and Henrico, VA.
See Charlotte Hall Ophthalmologists.