Dr. Mark Wichman MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Milwaukee, WI

May 24th, 2017
Utterly disappointing
My experience begins with going to the ER at Aurora in West Allis because of an excruciating pain in my knee while going for a run one morning. From there I am referred to Dr Wichman. At first they were telling me I needed to wait a month to see him and uet the ER doctor said he wanted me seen within a couple days. They then call me back the next day and have me see Tara Christiansen his PA because Dr Wichman is in such "demand" he has no openings. I still had to wait over a week to be seen. They then have me sent to the wrong place in which i had to take my 1yr old because I do not have the privilege of having a sitter at my disposal. Its pouring rain outside the day of this appointment in the New Berlin facility, now mind you I am still in pain hobbling and trying to get my stroller with my child in the door. I go to check in and thats when they tell me the PA is on the opposite side of the building and I will have to get back in my car and drive there because the building is not open to that side. NOT A SOUL OFFERS TO HELP ME and when i asked if someone could help they looked at me as if I were speaking another language! Another patient at that clinic was even appauld and said to them it was ridiculous because i cpuld barley walk and i had to go back to my car load up everuthing and drive to dind another parking spot to get out and unload everything again! They said they also dont call for assistance because they don't have anyone for that!!! I get to the other side have to hobble basically a city block because there was no parking and make it inside to find that i couldnt even fibd the office. Well thats because its in a room and again people van sit and look at me struggling but not a soul offers help! After waiting a half hr passed my appointment time the nurse calls me back to do more xrays?? I was puzzeled as to why because the ER did them and ruled out what i already knew and the was that nothing in the bones was damaged! So after almost an hr i finally see the PA and she is great. She took the time to answer my questions and she ordered the MRI. She wants me seen within a week but apparently the "great dr wichman" doesnt have openings again for another month! The very short and rude receptionist hands me the phone to make the MRI appointment which is scheduled put for another 2 weeks. Meantime i am in even more pain as no obe has recommended anything but pain meds which i cannot take because i am nursing. I finally call them back in which they are able to get me in sooner for the mri and amazingly a week sooner with wichman. Again all this time has passed and my knee continues to get worse! I get to my appointment with the dr at the mayfair location. Again apparently these people like watching the side show more than providing a service to their patients. At least the parking was closer and it wasnt raining! Im basically having this appointment to go over results of the mri and see what my options are. There was a nurse who had called me prior to seeing the dr to give me my results which was a torn meniscus (not sure about the spelling on that one) and she said i also had a cyst. She was not able to go into any further detail though because the dr had to do that. Now after an hour of waiting between the waiting room and exam room i go out and have to ask if he is running behind, which duh he is because its a flippin hour passed my appointment! They said of course I'm next. Go back into the room and great timing my baby had pooped. So i ask where the bathroom is to change her. They point to where it is because heaven forbid they get off their rumps and help a person! I get int here and no where to change the baby. Luckily i had a stroller. Meantime dr had finished and was "waiting for me" i hobble back to the room and he comes in. So im waiting to hear him out because he has all these great reviews right. Well he basically speeds speaks through my options, doesnt seem to have time to hear my questions and give me anyother options besides 3 weeks on crutches only or surgery, which he was pushing more for surgery because he said down time is less. Never mentions they cyst and as I am asking about other options that i was reading about from all my waiting time to see the guy he tells me he "DIDN'T HAVE TIME BECAUSE HE RUNNING OVER AN HOUR LATE"!!!!! he then says his nurse will call me to arrange for a surgery date!! He took a total of maybe 15mins with me and was out the door! I am soooooo apauld at the service from the front end to the doctors! Meantime its been 3 business days since i saw him and no nurse has called. My leg is in a knee imbolizer and i am still on crutches or a cane because i have children i need to tend to and crutches pretty much makes that impossible! And I'm still waiting to schedule for surgery because that was the onky option he seemed to want to do in the 15mins of his precious time he spent with me!! Surgery for this will lead to early arthritis which basically will put me back to the same flipping pain I'm feeling except there will be NO other options besides pain meds!!! So now I'm looking into seeing someine else who actually has time for their patients and at a facility who actually knows what it means to service patients, or at least be decent human beings and offer help!! I am still so disgusted by this whole expierence!! Sorry but a good dr to me doesnt mean i have alot of connections and a paper traik of degrees. It has to do with the care they take in the patient and their situation so i would NEVER recommend dr mark wichman nor anyone at Aurora for that matter unless you're ok with being another number!

May 12th, 2017
Dr Mark Wichman
I was involved in a car accident,from which I suffered a shoulder injury. I was extremely nervous about the whole ordeal. Dr Mark Wichman answered all my questions and eased my anxiety about my procedure . He has stellar bed side manners. Very approachable. I highly recommend Dr Mark Wichman and his staff.

May 11th, 2017
MCL/PCL Reconstruction
Dr. Wichman's judgment about my injuries was flawless. Everything he predicted was 100% accurate. I wanted to have surgery much quicker but he convinced me to hold off and do some initial PT before surgery. I am so glad I took his advice because I came out of surgery way ahead of the game. Due to his recommendation my post surgery healing was way ahead of what should have happened for my injuries. Cannot say enough great things about Dr. Wichman and his team.

May 10th, 2017
Wonderful surgeon!
I had left rotator cuff repair and had a better than expected experience. I felt well educated and prepared for my procedure by the doctor and staff. I have had other surgical procedures done by Dr Wichman and am well satisfied with my end results. I would highly recommend Dr Wichman to friends and family.

March 30th, 2017
Not much personal attention
Quick impersonal follow-up visits, short explanations, deflects to PA. On the positive side, skilled & respected surgeon.

March 19th, 2017
Great surgeon
Dr. Wichman is outstanding, this is the second surgery I have had with him, he is extremely dedicated to assigning the right Physical Therapist to the needs of the patient. The final results have far exceeded my expectation, he believes in staying in the mix from the surgery, recovery, rehabilitation and making the sure the patient/doctor/therapist team is involved all the way through final release.

February 27th, 2017
Excellent Overall Experience
I was highly satisfied with the care Dr. Wichman provided throughout me experience with him. I went to Dr. Wichman because of an injury and, after meeting with him and discussing my options, decided surgery was my best option for longterm success. I was more than happy with how my procedure went and am grateful to have had such a talented and amazing doctor to work with! I would recommend Dr. Wichman to anyone in a heartbeat!

February 26th, 2017
Dr. Wichman and his staff are the most courteous, caring and pleasant medical professionals that I have had the pleasure to meet. All interactions with the doctor and his team made me feel like my procedure was the most important thing they had to do. I'm not happy that I was injured, but I'm very happy that these fine people did their best to make me whole. I'm well on the way to getting back to where I was before my "massive tear" of my rotator cuff.

February 17th, 2017
Rotator Cuff Repair
I actually went to 3 doctors to get a comfort level in making a decision. Dr. WIchman was my last and final appt. Years ago someone else did a shoulder repair and the nerve block was so painful and horrible, I was scared to death to have another one. I explained my fear and he assured me I shouldn't feel a thing. When the surgery day arrived, Dr. Wichman was right, I did not feel a thing when the nerve block was administered. The Surgery center staff and facility was great. It has been 90 days since my surgery and I am progressing very well. Thank you Dr. Wichman for a job well done.

January 17th, 2017
Ankle Surgery
This is my 2nd surgery by Dr. Wichman. Had my knee worked on a few years back and made sure to see him again when the ankle did not feel right. Thank you for the quick diagnosis and fixing the issue. Thanks to your staff for being easy to work with and friendly as well. Ankle feels great, can't wait to get back on the court soon.

January 2nd, 2017
Great ACL Reconstruction
Did an excellent job. Extremely satisfied.

October 12th, 2016
Rotator Cuff
I had a massive rotator cuff tear that was surgically repaired by Dr. Wichman. He did such a fantastic job, with the surgery, people were amazed at how well I healed. I am 12 weeks out after surgery and have very little pain, and am progressing very well with my PT. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Wichman for ANY type of orthopedic surgery you need.